Nick Diaz v Tony Ferguson

Currently, I would lean to Ferguson cause he's been fighting and Nick's been partying. At their best though I think Nick TKOs him.

Nate too busy getting 50-45 by alcoholism to even speculate matchups with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick's cardio is a shell of its former self.

I don't see how Nick beats Ferguson stylistically. Nick counts on brawlers that'll throw heavy and eventually get exhausted to where he can tee off on them with heavy volume. Tony Ferguson is pretty much the exact same....a heavy volume striker but with much better wrestling, more pop behind his shots, and a very aggressive submission game.

On the other side, I can see Tony annoying Nick with his odd style and Nick plodding and eating shots. Ferg would probably win by decision.

Probably wouldn't be any size difference, Tony could comfortably fight at WW.

Nick's boxing and clinch are better than Tony's he also hits harder.

Nick when he was still active? He'd roll that fool up and smoke him.

Nowadays - Nick would do fine but then Tony would "accidentally" land an illegal blow and either get the fight stopped or change the momentum.

You really think a 2020 Nick diaz could be Tony? He would have to not be retired 1st and motivated..

Nick is 7-6 (1) in UFC fights, and that includes a 6-4 run during his supposed "prime".

He's lost to almost every wrestler he's ever faced and you think he's going to handle Tony? GTFO

Nick is 7-6 (1) in UFC fights, and that includes a 6-4 run during his supposed "prime".

He's lost to almost every wrestler he's ever faced and you think he's going to handle Tony? GTFO

Records are irrelevant if you ignore who they fought. Tony wouldn't have had a better record fighting the guys Nick fought in the UFC. Tony also doesn't really wrestle much.

Prime Parisyan beats Ferguson
Prime Sanchez beats Ferguson
Prime Riggs likely outstrikes Ferguson
2004 Lawler likely outstrikes Ferguson
Prime Sherk beats Ferguson
2011 Penn would likely beat Ferguson
GSP certainly beats Ferguson
Anderson certainly beats Ferguson

Lol at "prime Nate"....Sherdog is so dumb with this shit...the game passed him bye,he wasn't some amazing killer 8 years ago,his style was just more effective but less as the game evolves.Doesn't mean he's worse than he used to be.People are so dumb.Nate 10 years ago would kill anyone today bruh!!1

Prime 170lbs Nick probably beats Tony at that weight, not that Tony would be exactly undersized there, but he fights at LW for a reason...

Nicks boxing is better, I think the clinch would be a non factor if they fought. I highly doubt Nick hits harder.

Nick uses the clinch often to soften people up, I don't see why he wouldn't do it against Ferguson too. I don't know why you doubt Nick hits harder, he's a bigger man and has more KOs against bigger men.

Back