Nick Diaz v. Gunnar Nelson is the fight to make

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Nick Diaz should not fight anybody in the top five since he needs to snap his losing streak that goes back to 2011.

Gunnar is a beatable opponent plus it feeds off the Nate-Conor rivalry.

Nick Diaz is not fighting Gunnar Nelson.

Not today. Not tomorrow. Never.

wow good call
Nick Diaz should not fight anybody in the top five since he needs to snap his losing streak that goes back to 2011.

It sucks he won't be a normal fighter and take fights like this. I understand why he wants to just fight big money fights, but as a fan I would much rather see him fight at 170 3 times a year.

I'd like to see Nick on the 202 card either against Woodley or Gunni

Nick won't fight Gunnar, he wants a win. I say give him either Means or Brown.

Have you not been paying attention? Nick doesnt want to fight anybody let alone Gunnar Nelson. Nick feels entitled to the biggest names and title shots even after not winning a fight in 5 years.

Who the fuck is Nick DIaz?

Is he that guy that rarely fights, never wins, but whines all the time anyway?

Its not 2007 anymore, Nick. You cant ride that glory of beating a famous LW for your entire life.

That would be the laziest matchmaking ever.

Nick wants money!!! He is looking for the biggest draw possible. The guy believes he is the best in the world...he hasn't won a fight in five years, but he doesn't give a fuck. He thinks he can't lose. I really don't think he fears anyone, and he certainly is not going to fight a guy because he thinks it is an easy fight.

It will have to be a big name, or he just won't fight...and that is what will happen.

Idk if Nick would take it. Nick is a big f draw and this isn't really a main event. I would love to see it though

I would watch the shit out of this.

However, ain't happening.

Nick is an MMA star / money fighter, being called out by the current WW & MW Champions.

He will end up fighting a bigger name / main eventer.

I'd pick Gunnar in that fight but I honestly don't believe Nick would go for it. The likelihood of him being controlled on the ground for the majority of the fight is very high

Maia outstruck Nelson badly, Nick is a much better striker than Maia, therefore Nick easily KOs him {<RR}

Sounds like an awesome fight if it ever happened, too bad Diaz won't sign up for it

I would love to see this matchup of skills but I doubt it would ever happen

If Conor wins rematch, that would be an ideal matchup for the co main for the trilogy!

I'd watch it for sure, contrast of cultures, old vs new. Too bad Nick won't take any more "Small" fights. I don't blame him, he's trying to save cash for retirement and doesn't want his name used to raise the profile of an upcoming fighter who hasn't but a decade's worth of fights in.

Back