News Nick Diaz thinks Robbie Lawler fight is too easy: "I already beat him"... aims for Usman

I love how nobody within the first 20 replies, actually READ THE FUCKIN ARTICLE before having an opinion (myself included- I had to edit my post cause I commented before clicking on the article reading the whole thing).

This is why we're a generations that's easy to manipulate.

Nick is upset that the UFC matched him with somebody he already beat- he feels Robbie is too easy for him. He wants Usman, and feels he can beat Usman.

READ THE ARTICLE

I’ll be shocked if Nick gets the W. This combined with the fact that he’s heavy and had to change the weight class for the fight doesn’t scream confidence.

How many times has he said this though? This was almost word for word what he said when he was going to fight BJ Penn

Was it? It's been so long. If you've seen it recently, I trust you. He does always seem bothered and depressed though and you know what, his performance doesn't seem to mirror it. It just seems odd compared to how he looked in the Countdown.

Out of context quote much, TS?

"I'm going in there to win," Diaz said of Saturday's bout against Lawler. "Do I feel confident? I never do. I never have. I always feel like I'm going to get trashed out there. Every fight I've ever done. 'How do you feel against Robbie Lawler?' I feel like I'm going to get the s--- beat out of me. And even when I win, I get beat up worse."

Actually, Diaz went a step further and said he shouldn't even be fighting Lawler in the first place. Diaz has already beaten Lawler -- way back in 2004 -- and the Stockton, California, native believes he should actually be challenging Kamaru Usman for his UFC welterweight title. Despite all the doubts, Diaz said he still believes he's the best fighter in the world. Just because he thinks Lawler might beat him doesn't necessarily mean Diaz thinks he'll lose.

"I think I'll beat the s--- out of Usman," Diaz said. "I'll have a better shot against Usman than I do Lawler, just because I already beat Lawler. This doesn't make sense for me to go in and fight Robbie Lawler again.

He spends majority of the interview talking about how he hates fighting and is only doing it for the money and then puts out the highest purse matchup he can potentially get. If you don't see him honey dicking you, don't know what to say. No one is that delusional to think they can beat Usman after being away from the sport for so long and going out on three straight losses.

Gyms are closing left and right due to covid, of course seminars and travelling aren’t going to be a successful venture right now lol Nick needs money that’s why he’s coming back, nothing more nothing less. He hates fighting, only does it for the money.

Who would enjoy it?
Like as a bucket list thrill for adrenaline, sure. It's a helluva time.

To routinely go through the stress, the anxiety, the build up, the weight cut and the hospital visits after?
WORST CAREER EVER

It sounds like he's doing this for all the wrong reasons, he doesn't really WANT to do it, he seems full of self-doubt.
well.... I do expect a Lawler victory.
He's always hated fighting though. I think he's gonna look terrible, but I don't think that this has much to do with it.

Was it? It's been so long. If you've seen it recently, I trust you. He does always seem bothered and depressed though and you know what, his performance doesn't seem to mirror it. It just seems odd compared to how he looked in the Countdown.
If you actually read the article, Nick Diaz says he didn't want to fight Robbie cause he already beat Robbie... He wants Usman and feels he can beat Usman.

Douchebag TS is just being a closet hater, and quoted Nick out of context.

Pretty much saying the same things. He was even saying that could be his last fight back then against BJ. But that sponsors and money always pull him back in.

I love how nobody within the first 20 replies, actually READ THE FUCKIN ARTICLE before having an opinion (myself included- I had to edit my post cause I commented before clicking on the article reading the whole thing).

This is why we're a generations that's easy to manipulate.

Nick is upset that the UFC matched him with somebody he already beat- he feels Robbie is too easy for him. He wants Usman, and feels he can beat Usman.

READ THE ARTICLE
Diaz fan boys are something else. The trifecta of delusional fans along with Conor and Khabib bros.

Welp time for Nick to start taking that Bob Sapp money. Show up get paid, tap to strikes in less than three minutes.

Also 38?! holy shit, I ask again how did this fight get sanctioned.
Calm down. Matt Brown is still fighting at 40.

I was already picking Lawler and this just makes me feel like it will be over in the 1st.

Ya this seems like he is being forced to fight again due to partners taking his money, ala Fedor.
They cant do anything else. Its the competing, not the fighting part that drives most fighters. True MMA practitioners don't like the violence, but they want to know if what they're dedicating their time to learning is the ultimate self defence. As long as i've watched Boxing and MMA and as much as i love it, i hate seeing fighters get hurt. I understand why Nick hates fighting

Diaz is just a burned out crybaby at this point. Hard to feel sorry for him anymore.

Back