Media Nick Diaz teasing comeback?

Nope. Held out hope for a long time, dont think it would be a good move now

They are both living their best lives. Neither ever have to fight again. Their career's weren't ruined. They actually won the game.
They could have been better. They did great though for never looking for more training partners to help them expand their game.

View attachment 788672

View attachment 788674

“War Ready” and “knockout” sort of implies he has something planned. Hopefully it’s a fight as I am the biggest fan of the Diaz brothers.

What matchups do you think make sense for him?

If I had to bet I’ll say he is fighting Cowboy, Masvidal or Mike Perry. Maybe A.Silva rematch (what’s the situation with Pettis idk)

Doesn’t look like he is in a bad shape at all for a guy that didn’t fight for 5 years. It looks like he put his drinking to a stop (prob because of the pandemic tho). I’m excited sherbros!

Does anyone actually want to see that diva bum fight?

View attachment 788672

View attachment 788674

“War Ready” and “knockout” sort of implies he has something planned. Hopefully it’s a fight as I am the biggest fan of the Diaz brothers.

What matchups do you think make sense for him?

If I had to bet I’ll say he is fighting Cowboy, Masvidal or Mike Perry. Maybe A.Silva rematch (what’s the situation with Pettis idk)

Doesn’t look like he is in a bad shape at all for a guy that didn’t fight for 5 years. It looks like he put his drinking to a stop (prob because of the pandemic tho). I’m excited sherbros!

Nick is retired...

This is a "commercial pic" for this company, he is posing with their ceo...i guess..

Watch Nicks long interview with Ariel...he is done...

I for one, would love to see him fight one more time!

I absolutely love the way he fights.

Diaz bros are all bark and no bite these days with their social media. BMF my ass.

Anybody who says he is a long time Nick Diaz fan...and thinks he is coming back:

He is a all day everyday smoker...Drinks...Party...getting sponsored...is like 37 years old...no fight in like 6 years...

...guys is done with it

He is warready to knockout some shots at the club later that day.

image-asset.jpeg

He is learning from his fellow diva McGregor, the art of teasing and not backing it up.

Diaz bros and Conor are the worst fighters to be fans of these days
You’re tongue will turn to stone for bad mouthing the Diaz bros!

Nick's said for a while that the wars he had took a toll, that he can't keep doing it forever. And he made a lot of money. That photo is business. It's mostly what he posts these days. So he's found other lanes. Likely won't come back. Or if he does it's a one-off.

Nick's consistently said since he was young that he hates fighting, but loves martial arts and triathlons. So it's not like he's one of them "competitor" types, who keep getting the itch to come back.

One thing with him, though: IF he decides to sign a contract, be it in the past or now (and he could miss media obligations), he WILL try to finish his opponent. It's one thing you can bank on. Because of that mindset he is as popular as he is. So fans get excited anytime there's a rumor of him coming back. Doesn't matter how long it's been.

Last edited:
I remember the Masvidol fight was going to be Nick's gig way back before Nate stepped in... so this would be a good one... however Masvidol owes Nate a solid after Nate threw him one. Also, it would be a pussy move to send your big brother in there to beat up the guy who beat you up & that's not the Diaz way.... so I think Masvidol's out as an option.

Cowboy & Mike Perry are both fun matchups as TS said... Robbie Lawler could be fun too. I'd hate to see him against people like Woodley or Thompson who would just avoid enguaging. Nobody seems to want to fight Leon Edwards so Nick could step up for that & be right into title contention.

He shitted his own prime and will never be back
Too much booze and party

call me when he actually wins a fight instead of just mean mugging people.

I remember the Masvidol fight was going to be Nick's gig way back before Nate stepped in... so this would be a good one... however Masvidol owes Nate a solid after Nate threw him one. Also, it would be a pussy move to send your big brother in there to beat up the guy who beat you up & that's not the Diaz way.... so I think Masvidol's out as an option.

Cowboy & Mike Perry are both fun matchups as TS said... Robbie Lawler could be fun too. I'd hate to see him against people like Woodley or Thompson who would just avoid enguaging. Nobody seems to want to fight Leon Edwards so Nick could step up for that & be right into title contention.

I think some of you are blinded to the reality here. I doubt Nick is a top level fighter anymore.
37 years old. Tons of mileage.
Hasn't fought in 5 years. Hasn't won a fight in 9 years.
Last win was over BJ Penn... think about how BJ is looking in the cage these days.

I hope younger guys can realize how weed ruined both Nick and Nate s careers and stay away from that shit
Weed literally made their careers, tf you talking about? Without weed Nick gets consumed by depression.

I think some of you are blinded to the reality here. I doubt Nick is a top level fighter anymore.
37 years old. Tons of mileage.
Hasn't fought in 5 years. Hasn't won a fight in 9 years.
Last win was over BJ Penn... think about how BJ is looking in the cage these days.

It's possible you're right.
It's possible you're not.

You have no way of knowing how capable Nick is & how active he's been in the gym or what this time off has done either for or against him. Maybe that mileage you speak of got tamed a bit. Most people see vids of him partying & think that's all he does... but as I understand it, he's still regularly in the gym. So as overly-positive as you are about what you're saying... to the point where you call me "blinded" I think it's you who may be suffering from some failing sight issuez. Of course your point is a possibilty, but I wouldn't go around insulting other people's opinions just yet.

BTW.... Nick beat both Condit & Silva imo. Fook those judges

Is this thread from 2014?

Back