Nick Diaz talks growing up,music, Nate dressing like a cholo

I got around the fur when i was 14, followed them ever since. Not sure how you can say that about a great band.
Every song sounds the same. That shit reminds me of "depressed" kids in high school.

images

Lol, what?

Nah, he's never been on JRE. You'd think he would've been on it already after the "train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!" comment but it still hasn't happened. I'm sure it will one day but who knows when. It could be like 5 years from now.

That is very surprising to me. there has to be a story to this.

Every song sounds the same. That shit reminds me of "depressed" kids in high school.

images
That looks like a freak not a depressed kid. Singer has a distinct voice but by no means does every song sound the same. As for people listening to music to relate to it i cant help. I listen to music because i like the music.

Nick needs to get on Rogan's podcast. It'd be the greatest episode ever. They'd be smoking joints the entire time and talking about random shit, how could it not be entertaining?

People complain about how Joe interrupts his guests and doesn't shut up, but he won't be able to do that to Nick because Nick is the one who will be ranting, lol. I'm sure Joe would shut up and listen to everything Nick has to say. Nick has good stories.
Are you implying Nick moves Joe's needle?

I got around the fur when i was 14, followed them ever since. Not sure how you can say that about a great band.
Most cool people stopped listening to them when Around The Fur came out... That album failed to live up to expectations like Life Is Peachy, thus ending any hope for "Nu Metal" to be anything but high school kid whiney-music.

Most cool people stopped listening to them when Around The Fur came out... That album failed to live up to expectations like Life Is Peachy, thus ending any hope for "Nu Metal" to be anything but high school kid whiney-music.
Only song i liked from life is peachy was good god so i will disregard your comment since we clearly have different taste. I was defending deftones as they are pretty good but nowhere near one ofmy favs

Only song i liked from life is peachy was good god so i will disregard your comment since we clearly have different taste. I was defending deftones as they are pretty good but nowhere near one ofmy favs
Good God was EASILY the "best" song on that album, our tastes don't differ as much as you think.

I used to like their old demo called Deft and Dumb before Adrenaline came out

I got that cd when I was 16 back in 97-98.. A lot of that stuff I can't listen to anymore.. I guess I kinda grew out of em.

Good God was EASILY the "best" song on that album, our tastes don't differ as much as you think.

I used to like their old demo called Deft and Dumb before Adrenaline came out
I didn't dig Adrenaline too much. Around the fur and antichrist superstar and the great southern trendkill were all given to me free at the time so I listened. I guarantee our tastes differ my top 5
Oingo Boingo
Old Offspring (pre Anericana)
Alice in Chains
Metallica
Fear Factory (before Dino left)
Gotta work now but i like the topic so be back for your take on those.

Honorable mentions:
Nine inch Nails
Buckethead
Yngwie Makmsteen

I got that cd when I was 16 back in 97-98.. A lot of that stuff I can't listen to anymore.. I guess I kinda grew out of em.
I still listen to Deftones, but not nearly as much as I used to. There's a lot of music I've outgrown. Gettin' old.

I didn't dig Adrenaline too much. Around the fur and antichrist superstar and the great southern trendkill were all given to me free at the time so I listened. I guarantee our tastes differ my top 5
Oingo Boingo
Old Offspring (pre Anericana)
Alice in Chains
Metallica
Fear Factory (before Dino left)
Gotta work now but i like the topic so be back for your take on those.

Honorable mentions:
Nine inch Nails
Buckethead
Yngwie Makmsteen
Oingo Boingo's best song is the Simpson's theme.
I enjoyed the first two Offspring albums.
AIC is the best Seattle band.
The Black album makes me cry worse than Fade To Black wishes it could make me cry.
Demanufacture was amazing, Soul of a New Machine was decent as well as small parts of Obsolete.
NIN I avoided most of my life because it was chick music, all the girls I used to date liked them for some damned reason lol, but I have learned to appreciate their artistic approach over the years.
Buckethead I don't really remember well, but...

Yngwie doodles guitar strings with his anus, and people think it's ultra fancy pantsy sophisticted beauty!

Oingo Boingo's best song is the Simpson's theme.
I enjoyed the first two Offspring albums.
AIC is the best Seattle band.
The Black album makes me cry worse than Fade To Black wishes it could make me cry.
Demanufacture was amazing, Soul of a New Machine was decent as well as small parts of Obsolete.
NIN I avoided most of my life because it was chick music, all the girls I used to date liked them for some damned reason lol, but I have learned to appreciate their artistic approach over the years.
Buckethead I don't really remember well, but...

Yngwie doodles guitar strings with his anus, and people think it's ultra fancy pantsy sophisticted beauty!
Bahahaha on the Yngwie. Buckethead is superior guitarist in my opinion with a wide range of music. NIN and chicks? I wish that was the case in my late teens, and Danny Elfman is excellent. How can you say Simpsons over Edward Scissorhands?? Obsolete is what got me into heavier music. Give me your top 5 if you can choose.

For the record Rising Force was excellence and the Black Album cant touch Master of Puppets album

Bahahaha on the Yngwie. Buckethead is superior guitarist in my opinion with a wide range of music. NIN and chicks? I wish that was the case in my late teens, and Danny Elfman is excellent. How can you say Simpsons over Edward Scissorhands?? Obsolete is what got me into heavier music. Give me your top 5 if you can choose.

For the record Rising Force was excellence and the Black Album cant touch Master of Puppets album
Top 5'ing is going to be rough... here are some modern extreme metal recommendations though!
Kaeck - Stormkult tracks 1 & 5
Sammath - Godless Arrogance
Macabre Omen - Gods of War
Condor - Nadia
Taarnkappe - Winterwaker

Sorry, I am stuck in a hotel with me wife and kids right now and can't even Sherdog appropriately tonight!

I will pm you a better list next week or start a mayberry thread or something lol

Lol what? Around the Fur was followed up by White Pony which is their best selling and arguably their most popular album. And Deftones may have gained notoriety during the Nu-Metal wave but more than anything I would consider them progressive or experimental. Within any given album you've got both soft and hard songs...whispering vocals or screaming with shredding guitars. And with every album they experiment with new guitar tunings, going lower and lower and adding strings...first six strings, then seven and now eight. So every album breaks new acoustic ground.

Their 2006 album Saturday Night Wrist is generally considered their weakest album, but every album since then (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan, Gore) has gotten better and better. But taste in music is subjective so I get not being into them. I hated their music when I first heard it, and it took me a while before I discovered the beauty in it.

Top 5'ing is going to be rough... here are some modern extreme metal recommendations though!
Condor - Nadia
Taarnkappe - Winterwaker

Sorry, I am stuck in a hotel with me wife and kids right now and can't even Sherdog appropriately tonight!

I will pm you a better list next week or start a mayberry thread or something lol
Im out of the loop with metal so i will give a listen

Never listened to that shit, but sounds like it's for angsty kids who are too self-conscious to dance to some good ol' RnB or HipHop

Never listened to that shit, but sounds like it's for angsty kids who are too self-conscious to dance to some good ol' RnB or HipHop
Some people like instruments. If i want dance music i will let my wife select .

Lol, such an ignorant statement.

Condor - Nadia
Taarnkappe - Winterwaker

Meh, gave a quick listen to all but the sammath one. Guess im not a metal fan because I didn't like any of it.

Im more of a fan of good guitar work and vocals have to be good as well. To each his own.

Back