Nick Diaz should be fighting bums outside the UFC for millions

The way you talk only affirms your lack of first hand experience. 'Clueless about combat'. Can you get anymore cringe?
Coming from 'johny knuckles'
<45>
Have you been in an actual fight before? You don't know what you are talking about.
Diaz looked pretty good after a 7 year layoff fool.
If he was more motivated it's a different story.

If Nick weren’t under UFC contract he could’ve easily got a fight with Jake Paul likely making him tons of cash. UFC Fighters should have a pathway out of their exclusive contract if they choose to do that or the contracts should have an expiration date IMO. Nick hasn’t fought in 6 years.

If Nick weren’t under UFC contract he could’ve easily got a fight with Jake Paul likely making him tons of cash. UFC Fighters should have a pathway out of their exclusive contract if they choose to do that or the contracts should have an expiration date IMO. Nick hasn’t fought in 6 years.

The same can be said for GSP. He could’ve boxed with Oscar but the UFC blocked the match from going forward due to their “contract” with GSP even though he hasn’t fought in years. GSP would’ve made a lot of money fighting Oscar.

If Nick Diaz only has one fight left on his deal this is the perfect time to get paid. I don’t think the guy has made that much in his career. Reports state that he was paid $500,000 to fight GSP, $200,000 to fight Penn and Condit. In his Strikeforce days it looked like he was getting paid $50,000-$175,000.

Everyone is saying to retire, I don’t know if that’s an option at this point

He can get involved with Trilla and make a few Million vs Jake Paul and retire.
But he doesn’t seem into that either , think Nate better suited for that stuff.
I wish him well, total legend !

that is a disgusting avatar lmao

no one is paying him millions

lol

the max nick is worth is 250k
hes overrated to begin with
he wasn't no elite champion

Actually he was the Elite XC world champion, as well as strikeforce champion. he was very much world class.

No one outside the ufc has millions to spend on purses for one sided affairs like that
He was tagging Lawler quite a bit. It wasn't a horrible beat-down. It was competitive (not high-level competitive), but he was fading when his nose got destroyed and he decided he wasn't interested in going out on his shield.

Last edited:
He's earned that but these ufc contracts screw them over.

He'd fill an arena any where he fights, whoever he fights.
lol after last fight he will be fighting in bare knuckle if he leaves the UFC

He signed a 3 fight deal in 2014. He fought silva and now lawler….
If that's true, then unless he renews his contract which he wont after a loss, he will be heading for free agency and the ufc risk losing a big name, his next opponent will be a horrible style matchup confirmed

If that's true, then unless he renews his contract which he wont after a loss, he will be heading for free agency and the ufc risk losing a big name, his next opponent will be a horrible style matchup confirmed
Everyone’s a bad stylistic matchup for him now but I don’t think they are too worried about a career resurgence in bellator……..nor will they pay him. Maybe the celeb boxing circuit.

The crowd was going nuts for him Saturday.
That’s true, but I bet not one of them expected that fight to end the way it did. Imo, he will never be viewed the same way again. And it’s not hating, just a real observation.

Like many in here. Those people were delusional and expected to see a 30 year old still active Nick. Not a 38 year old that couldn’t even make the contracted weight. At some point reality has to enter into the picture for most people. Just like with Conor now. A certain part of that aura is gone, and is never coming back.

Me as a promoter outside of the UFC am not paying Nick millions to quit in the cage in any round, tapping is one thing quitting is another...

You have to parlay your fight career into something else. Look at chael, gilbert, dom, felder, thomson etc.

People like rampage and nick still fighting just makes me sad
Nick stopped fighting at age 33 before this re-entry that made him a lot of money. It’s not comparable to rampage.

Now, whether nick has a plan for post-fighting is a different story. I don’t know enough about his situation.

That’s true, but I bet not one of them expected that fight to end the way it did. Imo, he will never be viewed the same way again. And it’s not hating, just a real observation.

Like many in here. Those people were delusional and expected to see a 30 year old still active Nick. Not a 38 year old that couldn’t even make the contracted weight. At some point reality has to enter into the picture for most people. Just like with Conor now. A certain part of that aura is gone, and is never coming back.
It WAS entertaining while it lasted.

I thought Diaz looked great. Much better than I expected after all that time off. Lawlor just showed up in phenomenal shape and used a great gameplan, gassing Diaz out with constant pressure. Diaz threw like 200 punches in the first two rounds and took about 100, you need to be in incredible shape to do that.

Nick came out and threw 8000 punches in 3 rounds after 7 years off.. Cut the guy some slack!

Oh, and Nick was a great fighter. He showed glimpses of it last night. I think people are forgetting that Lawler is still a beast!
It's so dumb, if one of the punches Diaz landed rocked Lawlor and he finished him people would be saying Diaz is better than ever. He had a great fight against a top fighter, no shame in that defeat.

It WAS entertaining while it lasted.
I was entertained. Never said I wasn’t. But I did not have crazy expectations going in. Alot of people barely giving Robbie any credit now, were saying he was “completely washed” a week ago.

I just kept saying that if you expect to see the Nick of a decade ago, you’re probably in for a rude awakening. And I believe I was dead on. He had the volume but surely he had way more pop on his punches a decade ago. And until this fight. Not even the biggest Diaz hater would have said that fight would end by Nick verbally submitting.

The talk of Diaz somehow deserving already, or somehow earning a TS by beating Lawler was what really irked me. As a sports fan first and foremost. You need to actually earn a spot in the championship game. I’m not the UFC, and don’t give a shit about ppv numbers. I just want to see every champion fight the next fighter in line.

Back