Nick Diaz should be fighting bums outside the UFC for millions

Why does Diaz deserve millions just for fighting bums?
To make up for being so underpaid in his prime. That would be the argument at least.
So he can’t fight for the YouTube boxing org or bare knuckle until he’s had one more UFC scrap?
Until he's fought out his contract (or if he decides to sue in court) and if the contract doesn't have an option/extension.

To make up for being so underpaid in his prime. That would be the argument at least.

Until he's fought out his contract (or if he decides to sue in court) and if the contract doesn't have an option/extension.
He's the one who sat out for so long. That's all on him.

How long until Jake Paul calls him out? And then beats him?

Damn that would sadden me. I didn't give a shit about Woodley and Askren, but that would be hurtful.

He's earned that but these ufc contracts screw them over.

He'd fill an arena any where he fights, whoever he fights.

maybe nick shouldnt of retired for 6 years an he not be under ufc contract any more.

So if you retire you’re still bound to your UFC contract? I never understood that.

He has to fight out his ufc contract first, then he can do whatever he pleases
Ofc ufc will give him a very hard opponent next (one fight left on contract) and he will have to show up and take another loss

So if you retire you’re still bound to your UFC contract? I never understood that.
Unless the UFC grants you a release or you fight out the contract/fight it in court, you're under contract until the day you die. And the contract bars you from boxing, grappling, pro wrestling and wrestling unless you get UFC approval.

A court is very unlikely to uphold that contract, but that's a different story.

As are most fighters. Nick isn't some unique snow flake and he's already had more opportunities for simply whining.
So because most fighters are screwed, but Diaz is less screwed, we should...what? I don't see your logic here.

Diaz had shit management his entire career.

He would’ve been PRIDE LW champion if his management was smart. No one in PRIDE would’ve beaten him during his younger prime years. He already showed you he tooled up their long time LW champ

I have always been a big Diaz fan, he looked a little old, heavy on his feet and slow last night.....................

but ....he also looked alright and showed hes still tuff as fuck and can swing with badasses ((like Robbie)), for me the biggest thing to come out of lastnight was how alive Lawler was in comparison to his last few....Diaz obviously gave him the motivation and hunger and he brought it so props to him, he was a dog in there

what I hope for Nick is that he either bites down and pushes all the drama bullshit and stress that he allows to affect him aside and finds focus and inner peace and then comes back in better shape ......

if that is beyond his reach then I hope he rides off into the sunset and enjoys the rest of his life giving back to the sport and his community, whether or not some people understand it, he is in his own way a big inspiration to a lot of people...

regardless of what he does ....or what he says in moments of being flustered with a camera being stuck in his mug....I will always cheer for him and hope for the best outcomes for him

War Diaz!
Sums it up. Respect.

Nate seems to be a far bigger draw than Nick. Nick didn't generate the buzz I figured he would.

True. UFC too petty to let him go, but he should be in his circus fight years. Him vs Logan Paul would actually be a fun curiosity.

I was disgusted when Nick turned into a club going teeny bopper. Alcohol and all that cringe club life buffoonery has ruined him as a fighter. As a human being he seems a little more relaxed though so fair play.

Dana needs to let him be free to have some boxing pay days and then retire, like Anderson. Makes zero sense to retain him at this point, he's just not UFC level and he already had his farewell fight, let the guy be.

Back