Nick Diaz says GSP is going to give him an "A$$ Whoopin"

Old news. Doesn't Nick say something like "Okay, lets go get my ass whooping" at the end of the pre Carlos Condit presser?

Yeah it was an epic post weigh in speech... "I'm here to represent Cesar Gracie jiujitsu, or i'm here to take my asswhoopin... it's whatever"

He's said similar shit all the time. With Cyborg the announcers mentioned he said "i'm either gonna beat this guy or end up in the hospital"

He said something like that pre-Daley too... amoungst others.

i don't even care to see this fight...with the "styles make fights" in mind, i'd rather see nick against someone else so we can see a solid FOTN type fight...

rather see rory against nick anyday...

hmm. never thought I would hear that from Diaz. I dont like it, he should at least try to believe in himself.

Hahaha.. people either understand him or they don't.

He's actually probably one of the most confident fighters out there. Maybe it's his way of keeping pressure offhimself...if you expect an asswhooping its all uphill from there.

Why are people pulling these old videos of Nick up?

One thing I know for sure...

No matter who wins both men are coming out of this fight really busted up...

He has consistently said that when he started MMA, he thought he was going to get his ass whooped in every fight and that he never thought he'd make it this far. Everyone thought Penn was going to kill him because of the pre-fight interviews where he was talking about retirement and how much he didn't want to fight. Before Daley, he said he didn't want the fight but Cesar had him take it.

As far as Diaz quotes go, this is probably the worst one OP could've picked to make his point. Diaz was just saying that this fight is only being made because people want to see GSP fuck him up and that he's not scared to go in there and take an ass whoopin if that's how it plays out. That's just Diaz, when he's in the cage he's still going to fight like it's life or death.

Pretty sure, after how long they have been in the sport, the Diaz bro's understand that wrestling is and always will be their achilles heel. Why and how someone can reach the pinnacle of their profession and not live eat and breath on focusing on weakness in a sport like this will always be beyond me.

Hahaha.. people either understand him or they don't.

He's actually probably one of the most confident fighters out there. Maybe it's his way of keeping pressure offhimself...if you expect an asswhooping its all uphill from there.

Hope your right.
But it's never a good sign when people mention money.
" I just want my money "

He won't get his ass whooped, he's going to shock the world!

While I think that GSP will beat Diaz, maybe even easily, I wouldn't be shocked if Nick wins. He's a talented guy, and GSP already lost to Serra, so anything can happen.

Hope your right.
But it's never a good sign when people mention money.
" I just want my money "

I don't know- he's really weird.
Always has said fighting is a living hell and he'd quit to do triathalons if he could. All of those strange mentalities yet you never see him out of spirit in a fight.

One thing I know for sure...

No matter who wins both men are coming out of this fight really busted up...

Eh you never know. Theres always concern that GSP is just going to put his forehead to the chest and hang out for 25. Gotta have faith tho!
I don't see how GSP is going to be able to ground and pound nick... Nick's extremely good at avoiding gnp and catching subs during gnp. Of course, GSP is GSP.

I have to give Diaz credit for being so honest.
^^^ Diaz definitely has earned his place @ the table....
^^^ If want's to take his $$$, and go home.... I applaud that....
^^^ It's business, he's being sincere, and I'd kinda like to help him prepare....

KarateStylist

I don't know- he's really weird.
Always has said fighting is a living hell and he'd quit to do triathalons if he could. All of those strange mentalities yet you never see him out of spirit in a fight.

You got that right.

I have to agree with Diaz.

Between 37:00 and 38:00 Diaz says:

"The only reason I'm getting this fight is because people want to see me take an ass whooping, right about now, so alright I'm ready. I already worked for it, I'll take my ass whooping, I'll take my money, and I'll go home."

Best fight analysis I've ever heard, from anyone...

Does anyone else remember this? Strange comment. Diaz doesn't seem too confident.
Usually you get quite a bit of tough talk out of Diaz but this seems like a pretty realistic comment.

Thoughts?

Yes, I have seen him say this before. He also said it in this interview...Nov 7th, 2011.

He's says after all the talking he has done, he is ready for his ass whoopin:icon_lol:

He's anxious to get it over with.

Thats the realest thing he has ever said in any interview.

So did I! They were surprisingly effective too. I just can't see Georges Safe-Pierre being willing to put his head down like that in order to punch someone's calf.

didn't one of them actually almost knock nate down or cause him to fall on his ass for a sec? they were effective lol

Weird seeing Roy with no Santa Clause beard and with neat hair.

Back