Nick Diaz revealing interview on Anderson fight

Maia didn't take rounds 4 and 5 on any scorecard. One judge gave him one round and the other two gave him zero.

Zero would have to be correct.
Maia got thoroughly embarrassed.
There rarely has been a time when someone looked so out of place in a "fight."

resized_anderson_silva_vs_demian_maia.jpg

Anderson looked horrible in both defeats to Weidman, short fights that they were.
Either Weidman is the perfect foil for Anderson, or Anderson is slowing a step and demonstrating what he will look like post-prime.

Nick looked better in his last two losses than Anderson did in his.

Still, Anderson can take this fight from Nick in a number of ways.
But I wouldn't count Diaz out just because you don't like him.

Weidman was the perfect foil in the first fight. He took him down easily in the first round, and beat him up pretty bad. In the second, Anderson was fighting with hands down to prevent that from happening again, which opened up Weidman's ability to pressure with strikes.

Nick Diaz doesn't have the ability to do that with Silva.

It seems the only time Nick EVER opened up and seemed lively for interviews was before and after his fight with GSP, either way cant fucking wait for this fight.

so yeah he said a whole lot of nothing... thanks nick.. well just have to wait and see huh?

Bike + landing 30 signficant strikes per round. And Anderson is a bigger, better striker than Carlos.

LOL @ 30 significant strikes per round. He landed less than 10 for the entire fight, maybe less than 5!!!

It's not smart to spar with mma gloves. Too small and you spar too often. A lot of guys will elect to not use head gear to offset the difference though

thanks bro

Weidman was the perfect foil in the first fight. He took him down easily in the first round, and beat him up pretty bad. In the second, Anderson was fighting with hands down to prevent that from happening again, which opened up Weidman's ability to pressure with strikes.

Nick Diaz doesn't have the ability to do that with Silva.

Got to love this revisionist history. Silva was clowning and toying with Weidman for most of the fight. It was looking like a Forrest-level embarrassment for Weidman. Unfortunately Silva, his reflexes had slowed just enough that Weidman eventually caught him.

Got to love this revisionist history. Silva was clowning and toying with Weidman for most of the fight. It was looking like a Forrest-level embarrassment for Weidman. Unfortunately Silva, his reflexes had slowed just enough that Weidman eventually caught him.

What? Seriously, what the fuck were you watching? He was clowning, alright. But that's about the only thing he did in the first match. Second match, he didn't even do that. At no point in either match did Silva embarrass Weidman. Talk about revisionist history.

I really hope he wins. Silva is just too damn good man.

i know... its hard to imagine nick beating silva... and im not a big silva fan and nick is one of my all time favs... lol but its possible and i think nick knows what he is up against... i just hope all that nate weird shit that happened isnt affecting him... :eek:

Diaz is a stationary target. A punching bag. Has been his entire career. That's why he's lost to so many average fighters, and always loses to above average strikers when their careers aren't 5 years behind them. Noons sliced his face from his skull like Hannibal Lecter. Condit made a fool of him almost on par with the way Edgar did Penn in their last outing. GSP dominated him in every aspect of the game, including conditioning, which is where he's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest of the MMA world. He's been outboxed AND outgrappled by Sherk, Riggs, Parisyan, Sanchez, and GSP.

Condit is the only striker near Silva's level that he's ever fought, and Diaz had nothing to offer him except a few fruitless body shots over the course of 5 rounds. This is either going to be one long highlight reel for Silva's return, from start to finish, or it will serve to show he's not ready to come back. If he can't absolutely destroy Diaz then he should probably hang it up. That little fucking rubber ball that he bounces around during shadow boxing is a bigger challenge.

You're so full of bullshit I feel sorry for you, ya bitch

You're so full of bullshit I feel sorry for you, ya bitch

Yup, so funny actually. Even people who act like Condit dominated Diaz or something and act like it wasn't close. I'm rooting for Diaz but he is probably going to lose sadly.

I'm a big fan of Anderson too but I think it would be so sick for Diaz to make a comeback, I guess it would be sick for Anderson to make a comeback as well, but if Anderson beats Nick it isn't really a big win and he will probably still lose to Weidman.

Whereas if Diaz wins it's a HUGE win and he gets to fight for the title which would be insane.

the social anxiety just comes off him in waves. i feel bad for the guy, he looks so uncomfortable.

the social anxiety just comes off him in waves. i feel bad for the guy, he looks so uncomfortable.

Not a public speaker, he is a cage fighter

Nick has been this way his whole career he doesn't like being on the spot when speaking

Anderson's knees are going to melt nicks face off.

Not a public speaker, he is a cage fighter

Nick has been this way his whole career he doesn't like being on the spot when speaking

i'm aware of that. just making an observation.

at 3:20 it sounds like he's abut to launch into a classic Diaz rant "you hear that a lot, fighters getting title shots....." then the camera cuts away for less than a second and he's looking at a different angle. obvious edit lol

[/QUOTE]

at 3:20 it sounds like he's abut to launch into a classic diaz rant "you hear that a lot, guys supposed to get title shots....." then the camera cuts away for less than a second and he's looking at a different angle. Obvious edit lol

Back