Nick Diaz revealing interview on Anderson fight

Loser Diaz fans. In Diaz's fight with GSP more total time was spent on the feet than on the ground. Diaz lost all the stand up. GSP never rode a bike, Diaz did hide in his turtle shell on the ground however.

Joe Schilling and Artem are also not the be all end all to striking. They excel at watered down kickboxing that doesn't allow clinch work and elbows. In the purest form of kickboxing, real Muay Thai, Simon Marcus is 3-0 vs them both.

Nick is gonna get destroyed in the clinch. Anderson has manhandled bigger, stronger fighters with better wrasslin' than Diaz.

He is training with two of the top kick boxers in the world, Joe Shilling and Artem Levin. I think it's safe to say they are above average and comparable to AS's striking.
There is no argument in that whatsoever. But just because he's training with them doesn't mean that he's going be anywhere near their level of skill.

Jose Aldo trained with and was nearly cornered by Andy Souwer for the Hominick fight. Guess he should have just walked in there and taken out Mark with a right hook in the first.

Anderson looked horrible in both defeats to Weidman, short fights that they were.
Either Weidman is the perfect foil for Anderson, or Anderson is slowing a step and demonstrating what he will look like post-prime.

Nick looked better in his last two losses than Anderson did in his.

Still, Anderson can take this fight from Nick in a number of ways.
But I wouldn't count Diaz out just because you don't like him.

Interesting, but Anderson is hardly average as a striker.

He's many levels above anyone Diaz has faced before.

Conversely, Diaz is a much better striker than most of the people Anderson has owned. Context!

Diaz is a stationary target. A punching bag. Has been his entire career. That's why he's lost to so many average fighters, and always loses to above average strikers when their careers aren't 5 years behind them. Noons sliced his face from his skull like Hannibal Lecter. Condit made a fool of him almost on par with the way Edgar did Penn in their last outing. GSP dominated him in every aspect of the game, including conditioning, which is where he's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest of the MMA world. He's been outboxed AND outgrappled by Sherk, Riggs, Parisyan, Sanchez, and GSP.

Condit is the only striker near Silva's level that he's ever fought, and Diaz had nothing to offer him except a few fruitless body shots over the course of 5 rounds. This is either going to be one long highlight reel for Silva's return, from start to finish, or it will serve to show he's not ready to come back. If he can't absolutely destroy Diaz then he should probably hang it up. That little fucking rubber ball that he bounces around during shadow boxing is a bigger challenge.

one thing that i dont know

when i see mma guys sparring theyre always with the huge gloves, do they only spar with the boxing gloves cause it doesnt make much sense since they dont fight with them

when i see mma guys sparring theyre always with the huge gloves, do they only spar with the boxing gloves cause it doesnt make much sense since they dont fight with them

It's not smart to spar with mma gloves. Too small and you spar too often. A lot of guys will elect to not use head gear to offset the difference though

I'm rooting for Diaz in this fight, mainly just because it would be nice to see him get the paycheck and recognition that he deserves for the years of entertainment that he has provided us. Love him or hate him, he has put in his time and should be taken care of (as all fighters should after a long career).

However, i'm torn on how it's going to go down. I could honestly see it going several ways.

Anderson could come out in full "forrest" mode and completely annihilate a flailing Nick in a matter of minutes.

Nick could weather the storm and light Anderson up in the later rounds once/if Anderson tires out, or if he goes overboard with the showboating without much offense. I could see a decision for Diaz under the right circumstance.

Anderson could be overly tentative with his kicks and let Diaz bully him into the cage with punches, where Diaz could very well overwhelm him punches for a TKO.

Anderson could drop Diaz or vice versa and this could be a crazy ground battle with lots of submission attempts from each.

Either way, i'm pumped. I don't really see a way in which this fight could suck...

... unless Anderson runs away constantly and Diaz just plods after him unable to ever catch him while both just talk shit and gesture...

...nah fuck it, even that would be kinda fun :redface:

Sparing with the smaller MMA gloves is begging for broken hands, shorter careers and brain damage

He doesn't seem confident at all. That might be a good thing.

Sparing with the smaller MMA gloves is begging for broken hands, shorter careers and brain damage

you bringing the knowledge

PIkprkZ.gif

Diaz is a stationary target. A punching bag. Has been his entire career. That's why he's lost to so many average fighters, and always loses to above average strikers when their careers aren't 5 years behind them. Noons sliced his face from his skull like Hannibal Lecter. Condit made a fool of him almost on par with the way Edgar did Penn in their last outing. GSP dominated him in every aspect of the game, including conditioning, which is where he's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest of the MMA world. He's been outboxed AND outgrappled by Sherk, Riggs, Parisyan, Sanchez, and GSP.

Condit is the only striker near Silva's level that he's ever fought, and Diaz had nothing to offer him except a few fruitless body shots over the course of 5 rounds. This is either going to be one long highlight reel for Silva's return, from start to finish, or it will serve to show he's not ready to come back. If he can't absolutely destroy Diaz then he should probably hang it up. That little fucking rubber ball that he bounces around during shadow boxing is a bigger challenge.

This. Diaz has zero footwork and only one game plan. People talk about his striking but if his opponent doesn't stand in front of him he is lost for ideas and doesn't seem to be able to walk people down. It's why he resorts to mouthing off and giving the fiinger to try and goad people in.

Back