Nick Diaz reacts to Conor KOing Eddie Alvarez "I feel bad, that was pathetic"

Was rooting for Eddie, felt so bad for him after how badly he got beat.

It was pathetic and a disappointment. Diaz is right. No sympathy for the motherfucker.

Bum I actually thought this ^^^^ out loud and had to watch the fight numerous times to really see wtf happened. I feel Eddie thought he was just gonna out match Conor. He felt no fear of Conor like he did for RDA which he freely admitted so when he got popped hard by Conor he instantly went into desperation/panic mode throwing reaching, lunging, punches leaving himself open for counters even my sister could nail.

It would've been better for Conor to KO Eddie in 10seconds than to have 2rds caught on tape getting schooled like a novice with his shoe laces tied together, get KO'ed you can always say "I got caught" no real excuse for getting schooled everybody can see that.

There is an excuse. It's called fighting the better fighter.

Seriously why dont any of Conors opponents use feints? How many have we seen Conor slip a punch and throw that left hand or a 2/3 piece combo, maybe feint and wait from him to slip and throw the left then take your pick, i guess its easier viewing it as a spectator but McGregor's done this play so many times, you'd think top MMA coaches would catch on to this, if you watch a highlight vid of him he does it in like every fight, he knocked down Alvarez twice via slipping a right hook that Alvarez just threw with his chin hanging right out, the way Conor slipped and knocked him down with the left.. its like Conors from the future lol, i wonder how he'd do against fighters that heavily use feints like Condit for example, he landed heaps on lawler by feinting first and Woodley KO'D Lawer with a feint into a right overhand

He didn't abandon his wrestling. He got ahold of Conor at least once and tried hard to get him down but couldn't do it. Not to mention facing a good striker with good footwork doesn't exactly make it easy to shoot for a takedown. People always seem to think that not being able to set up alot of takedowns means they abandoned their wrestling.

He could have at least try to go into a dogfight and make the set up for the takedown all comes down to if if it's easier said than done that's why he was champion but he just messed up and at that level to put the performance he did is absolutely humiliating and pathetic but he probably felt that himself as well

0 head movement, feints, body work and straight punches gave Eddie little chance. Wasn't he supposed to be golden gloves or something?
since i don't want dubs - i can't say the first thing that went thru my mind after watching that fight.

He was right it was pretty pathetic. Some of the dudes Connor fought when he was up and coming offered more resistance. It was like after the first punch Eddie didn't want none of that and just danced around waiting for an opportunity for Connor to end it.

Back