Nick Diaz reacts to Conor KOing Eddie Alvarez "I feel bad, that was pathetic"

Nick Diaz has the p4p best interviews in MMA. Ask him one question and he'll answer 10.

The fight that it most reminded me of was Silva vs Okami in the UFC. Okami and Alvarez both looked like they were basically beaten by their opponents aura, they had nothing.

Eddie folded under the pressure and threw fight IQ out the window. You can't take away from Conor because he did exactly what he was supposed to do, but I think everyone can agree Eddie had a bad night out. A lot of people have folded under the pressure of fighting Conor because there is a lot of spectacle.

Rhonda at his house with a bottle of tequila? I wonder if he smashed..

But yea nick is an odd character, he has some great points about stuff but he cleary has some social issues.

Well at least he was ufc champ. Still more than nick Bixby ever did

Eddie had a gameplan untilhe took that left hand shot.

Eddie was done after the first knockdown, he was badly hurt.

Drunk Bum, probably the most pathetic bitter person on here atm hahahahaha.

Title is misleading

Nick said he would like to feel bad for Alvarez, and he respects Eddie, but Eddie just didn't put the right time and training in for the fight.

Watch the video... fair points by Nick.

IDK what's so hard to get. You have a chinny pressure brawler with a lot of heart, good subs and OK takedowns taking on a top striker who's fantastic with counters, possesses very good footwork, but a weaker ground game on paper. Mendes is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC and the grind out didn't work, so chances are Eddie's gonna struggle more getting TD's and will jump head first into counters.

He's never really lost a fight. Yea he looses under the rules of the UFC, but you're a bad mother Fucker when you can say you've fought the best in the world and never really gotten the worst of it, and really just run out of time. I'm not saying there shouldn't be rules, there needs to be sporting elements to MMA. But still, he's a rare breed that can fight most other fighters, and given enough time he'll win the majority of the time.

If it weren't for the rules, gsp would have killed him

Eddie folded under the pressure and threw fight IQ out the window. You can't take away from Conor because he did exactly what he was supposed to do, but I think everyone can agree Eddie had a bad night out. A lot of people have folded under the pressure of fighting Conor because there is a lot of spectacle.

Nope, Eddie practically begged for this fight and the reason he liked bad is because Conor made him look bad

With those little baby elbows? Lol

Gsp was a master time waster. Can't blame him but let's be real. Arguably one of the most boring fighters p4p

Diaz was the one wasting time by turning his head and turtling up. Only in an mma fight can you use the back of your head to avoid attacks. If that was a street fight, Diaz would get cracked

I was kinda happy to see Alvarez getting KO after getting his TS by Lay n Pray on Pettis.

Also hate his stupid eyebrows, looks like he takes too much care of them. Every Puertorican in my university did that kind of gay shit. fuck them.
Agreed, Eddie "Chinny" Alvarez shouldn't have been given a title shot in the first place, he was coming from 2 lackluster split decisions

With those little baby elbows? Lol

Gsp was a master time waster. Can't blame him but let's be real. Arguably one of the most boring fighters p4p

That's a little unfair GSP had a decent jab and superman punch too.

I think Conor didn't reveal too much by saying 'he's easily hit' Getting knocked down and getting back up seems to be something Alvarez prides himself on, but it's eventually going to catch up on him.

I thought in the build up at the press conference and the interviews Alvarez was trying too hard to get 1 up on Conor when they were roasting one another - maybe that drained him a bit mentally - and he didn't look great while he was cutting the weight.

I wasn't really buying the whole 'I couldn't hear my corner' comment - he mentioned what the game plan was, which was hardly the most intricate one and he had the chance to reset in between rounds, but he was probably scrambled from the first knock down.

I'd agree to a point he didn't show up, but he played right into Conor's hands by being countered so many times.

Back