Nick Diaz not interesting in the Brown fight.

i never heard that one. i heard that he fought a lot, and was sick of it so he started training.

this is a great article about both brothers, and really how lucky Nate was to have Nick as an older brother, who voluntarily put the weight of the world on his own shoulders (right or wrong, whether it was really needed or not).

good stuff.

yeah, he talked about it in the context of triathlon and stuff. basically training all by himself at a young age, sort of a loner

IMO with this last bit from Nick Diaz, all new Diaz vs X fighter threads need to be instantly-wastelanded.

After all, they are just fantasy match-ups.

Accept it Diaz nuthuggers, he's retired.

This man. He is retired so leave him alone.

It was bad enough when if fighters were calling out bj penn after he hung the gloves but I see the trend continues. Less marketable fighters trying to challenge retired big names to gain a boost.

He's just a very different kind of person.

I'm a fan, and always will be. I respect the hell out of the guy. I'd love to see him continue to fight, but if he'd rather pursue other things, and doesn't care to fight, then It's better for the guy to be happy in what he's doing.

I don't get why people find him less of a man/fighter for viewing things the way he does. That's Nick Diaz. That's who he is. He doesn't shy away from anything. He doesn't give you a boring ass PC answer. He tells you how he feels, and he's not afraid to say it.

exactly how i see him. i respect his firm views and i get the chip on the shoulder. and he's nowhere near as inarticulate as people make him out to be.

Nick doesn't seem like he has it anymore. Should stay retired as much it pains me to say.

This is one of the more mature things I've seen Diaz say or do in a while, sounds like he's content and as a fan I am too. Good for him. It takes a bigger man to walk away before it's too late and he seems to be sticking to his guns.

IMO with this last bit from Nick Diaz, all new Diaz vs X fighter threads need to be instantly-wastelanded.

After all, they are just fantasy match-ups.

Accept it Diaz nuthuggers, he's retired.

I agree with you, but i do not think all of his fans are nuthuggers, but let me rant one last time. The last several months, every F'N day i come to this forum to check relevant MMA topics, and there is always the daily "Diaz should fight Fighter X", Diaz should get the title shot thread, etc. It was pretty ridiculous the week of the Lawler-Hendricks fight, and the week after. Every F'N day there were multiple Diaz threads by his fans wanting their messiah to get a third straight title shot after two losses.

The fact of the matter is from now on, all these Diaz threads should be wastelanded. I know it is hard for the Diaz fans to accept that their messiah is retired, but he is retired and irrelevant right now. He said he hates fighting, and now with him turning down Brown, all the Diaz threads should stop, since he said he is done for now. I like Diaz, but he is one of the most overrated fighters this past decade. A good exciting fighter, but his resume speaks for himself. He is coming off two title losses, a victory against a past of the prime LW, along with beating marginal fighters in Strikeforce and Elite XC. The victory against Lawler was 10 years ago, so that is irrelevant right now.

Let him enjoy his retirement. He had a good career and put on exciting fights, even if he did not beat a top 5 guy in his career. These daily Diaz threads, and the obsession of his fans who want him to come back need to come to an end. This daily sickness plaguing this solid MMA forum needs to stop. Enough is enough, and it is time for a change (RIP Owen Hart- Still cannot believe it was 15 years ago today).

Back