Nick Diaz not interesting in the Brown fight.

i disagree. that poster seems to be using the wrong analysis.

1. DIAZ: "i will only fight for a title shot or #1 contender status, and a lot of $"
2. Diaz turns down a fight with a guy who isn't a #1 contender and not necessarily a lot of $.
3. fan says "well, if he turns down that he'll turn down everything."

that's just not clear thinking on the fan's part.

I do not think he will be given a better option than the Brown fight by the UFC.

lol Brown's best win is Erick Silva or mike Pyle and Diaz isn't worthy of a fight with him? LMFAO

Laugh all u want all I'm saying is a back to back loser doesn't fight a guy on a 6 or 7 fight win streak

Very nice of Nick, doesn't want to collect an easy paycheck.

Dana promised him a title fight with a win... Common Nick!

Nick is free to do whatever he wants with his life but I think both Diaz bros are going to regret wasting their prime money-making years.

Nick Diaz doesn't like fighting. He never has liked fighting. Nor will he ever. He's 30-years old, and seems very content with the way things are, right now.

He's a very interesting guy. He's not like Condit or anybody else. He doesn't like knocking people out, or anything that comes with fighting. It was always only ever about the money. Simple as that. I assume It'll take more than what Dana is willing to offer Nick for him to even consider fighting, again.

He's been clear about that in basically every interview. He fought because he felt he had to and because he was good at it. He's always expressed ambivalence about fighting: "Why do I wanna tap gloves when we're going in there to hurt each other?" and in one interview he even likened fighting for money to prostituting oneself.

Nick is free to do whatever he wants with his life but I think both Diaz bros are going to regret wasting their prime money-making years.

I think Nate moreso than nick. Nick has a LOT of miles on him and probably doesn't have much time left. He's old in fight years. Nate's really right in the prime of things.

IMO with this last bit from Nick Diaz, all new Diaz vs X fighter threads need to be instantly-wastelanded.

After all, they are just fantasy match-ups.

Accept it Diaz nuthuggers, he's retired.

When you said "nuthugger" you meant "fan", right?

MMA seems to be the only sport where you're criticized for liking the athletes.

When you said "nuthugger" you meant "fan", right?

MMA seems to be the only sport where you're criticized for liking the athletes.

Fans don't make a new my favorite fighter vs x person topic every other day.

On the other hand, nuthuggers certainly do.

I think there is a fair difference there.

Exactly. The thing I respect about nick is he respects very few fighters, but the ones he does are awesome like Lawler, Brown, Gomi there's others.

I think Nick respects the majority of fighters actually. Its just that once you sign a contract to fight him, he sees you as an enemy until the fight comes and goes

IMO with this last bit from Nick Diaz, all new Diaz vs X fighter threads need to be instantly-wastelanded.

After all, they are just fantasy match-ups.

Accept it Diaz nuthuggers, he's retired.

At this rate, I'm gonna have to agree.

To quote the people who love stock answers: "He's done."

He's been clear about that in basically every interview. He fought because he felt he had to and because he was good at it. He's always expressed ambivalence about fighting: "Why do I wanna tap gloves when we're going in there to hurt each other?" and in one interview he even likened fighting for money to prostituting oneself.

He's just a very different kind of person.

I'm a fan, and always will be. I respect the hell out of the guy. I'd love to see him continue to fight, but if he'd rather pursue other things, and doesn't care to fight, then It's better for the guy to be happy in what he's doing.

I don't get why people find him less of a man/fighter for viewing things the way he does. That's Nick Diaz. That's who he is. He doesn't shy away from anything. He doesn't give you a boring ass PC answer. He tells you how he feels, and he's not afraid to say it.

Fans don't make a new my favorite fighter vs x person topic every other day.

On the other hand, nuthuggers certainly do.

I think there is a fair difference there.

And you're wrong.

Making fun of or belittling someone this way is idiotic on a fan forum.

Back