Nick Diaz not interesting in the Brown fight.

in multiple interviews he has said things like

"if i could make a living doing triathalons instead of fighting i would"
"only a psycho wants to hurt someone just to hurt them. i don't want to hurt anyone. i'm just doing my job"
"i don't like fighting. i just don't have any other skills"

cool thx

he talked about being a nerd in school, running on the road while everyone was partying. He really different

IMO with this last bit from Nick Diaz, all new Diaz vs X fighter threads need to be instantly-wastelanded.

After all, they are just fantasy match-ups.

Accept it Diaz nuthuggers, he's retired.

Still has a contract.
Diaz-Silva

nononooo NICK ! war diaz ! it would be extremely nice diaz-brown...

cool thx

he talked about being a nerd in school, running on the road while everyone was partying. He really different

i never heard that one. i heard that he fought a lot, and was sick of it so he started training.

this is a great article about both brothers, and really how lucky Nate was to have Nick as an older brother, who voluntarily put the weight of the world on his own shoulders (right or wrong, whether it was really needed or not).

Nick will take a fight with Lawler if he can get a title shot for the W. Beating Brown won't guarantee a fast track to the belt/big pay day.

Would a win over Diaz really give Brown a title shot? Or even for Diaz would he get a title shot if he won? I would assume they would in both cases. Diaz has been retired and is 0-2 in his last two fights and Brown's last win was over someone who was 3-3 in their last 6 fights. Makes it seem like WW doesn't have tons of top fighters.

If Nick Diaz is happy with not fighting, then i'm fine with his choice of being pseudo retired. He clearly never really loved what he did. And you can see he's just happier with his life position.

Looks like he hung up the gloves.

let the man enjoy himself. he's put in his time and given us some glorious fights.

fucking haters.

Exactly. The thing I respect about nick is he respects very few fighters, but the ones he does are awesome like Lawler, Brown, Gomi there's others.

Shit, I guess Diaz really is retired since if there was any fight for him to take that would have easily been one of the most winnable fights possible for Diaz to take - non-wrestler, vulnerable to submissions, visibly fatigued with multiple body shots.

If Diaz turns down that fight he turns them all down.

Maybe he just wants to try to leave the door open for Nate regardless of what DW said? Or is this actually Diaz being polite and saying he respects Brown but is kind of a nice way of saying Brown isn't a big enough fight to lure him out of retirement?

Or maybe neither and the guy is just more at peace and short of an offer too big to turn down he really is just content and if he never fights again then he is fine with that too?

i truly think theyll make an anderson silva vs nick diaz fight when the time comes

Well that's to bad. Would have loved to see that fight.

But I respect Nick's decisions and he really does seem to be in a pretty good place here lately.

Nick seemed happier in this video clip vs. the typical Nick Diaz interview. As he said, MMA is a hard life and maybe he is better off not fighting unless its a fight he wants for the amount he wants. Very mellow and no anger, so Nick might be on to what makes him happy instead of doing the MMA career thing and worrying about rankings, fights, aggression, stress, injuries, dieting, etc. Good luck to Nick.

Last edited:
He looks relaxed and like he's a good place. Hopefully he's paying his taxes.

This was the perfect fight and the perfect time. He's never coming back. :'(

That is the cold hard truth.

i disagree. that poster seems to be using the wrong analysis.

1. DIAZ: "i will only fight for a title shot or #1 contender status, and a lot of $"
2. Diaz turns down a fight with a guy who isn't a #1 contender and not necessarily a lot of $.
3. fan says "well, if he turns down that he'll turn down everything."

that's just not clear thinking on the fan's part.

Nick Diaz : Gone
TJ Grant : as good as gone

not cool

I just wish more fighters had his skillset and tenacity, and of course his chin. He is a pleasure to watch.

There's definitely a massive hole in my heart with him gone, and I don't think any current fighter has any chance to fill it.

Matt Brown is close, but I just get a vibe from him like something is missing.

RIP Diaz 209 Wut

Back