Nick Diaz losing fan base?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've been a huge Nick fan since he knocked out Robbie, who was my favorite fighter at the time. His Gomi win is a fight I still throw on every couple of months to relieve it. Recently, though, I've began to lose interest in Nick for 3 reasons:
1. He cannot figure out how to stop puffing in time to be tested, or simple can't help himself. I personally would like to see him fight on a more consistent basis.
2. Even when he does get the fights he wants(GSP, Silva), he spends more time showboating and wasting time trash talking/ cage laying than he does trying to win the fight. Considering he is a volume striker that drowns his opponent with his pace, it's frustrating as his long time fan to watch him give up his best weapons and lose decision after decision.
3. He is starting to get a little to delusional and entitled. No matter how bad his performance(s), he feels he never loses. And even though his last win is in a different era against BJ Penn, he still believes he is the top draw and that he is giving someone else a shot since he is the guy to beat.

Thank goodness for Nate!

Been a Nick fan since the Strikeforce days. I'm really starting find his self-entitled bullshit very fucking annoying. His other fans that try to justify him fighting Woodley can eat a big one as well.

Both Anderson and gsp were stylisticly hard fights for diaz.

I've been a huge Nick fan since he knocked out Robbie, who was my favorite fighter at the time. His Gomi win is a fight I still throw on every couple of months to relieve it. Recently, though, I've began to lose interest in Nick for 3 reasons:
1. He cannot figure out how to stop puffing in time to be tested, or simple can't help himself. I personally would like to see him fight on a more consistent basis.
2. Even when he does get the fights he wants(GSP, Silva), he spends more time showboating and wasting time trash talking/ cage laying than he does trying to win the fight. Considering he is a volume striker that drowns his opponent with his pace, it's frustrating as his long time fan to watch him give up his best weapons and lose decision after decision.
3. He is starting to get a little to delusional and entitled. No matter how bad his performance(s), he feels he never loses. And even though his last win is in a different era against BJ Penn, he still believes he is the top draw and that he is giving someone else a shot since he is the guy to beat.

Thank goodness for Nate!
Been a Nick fan since the Strikeforce days. I'm really starting find his self-entitled bullshit very fucking annoying. His other fans that try to justify him fighting Woodley can eat a big one as well.

You are two very reasonable gentlemen and I hespect that.

Nicks alot more annoying then his little brother unfortunately. Great fighter though.

hasn't won a fight in years and here we are still talking about his return, I'd say he's doing fine in the popularity department.

I'm not sure.

I've been a Nick fan since Strikeforce. Won't stop now. Won't stop can't stop.

That said, I don't agree with everything he says.

I could never stop being a Nick fan.

Real Diaz fans arent only his fans if he fights or not. Real Diaz fans support him in whatever he feels like doing. he has already done so much in the sport and provided us with epic moments. If he wants to smoke weed then let him. If he wants a money fight and wont come back then so be it. The guy clearly doesnt like to fight anymore and says he wont do it unless its worth it for him. He isn't worried about being the next UFC show boy company man.

Diaz Bros is a lifestyle man. Not about coming back to fight to feed your blood thirsty desires. Get with it

Been a wave of fandom and non-fandom with Nick, but in the end it's just hard not to be a fan.

It fucking kills me when you see a marketable and talented fighter making shitty career choices. Him and his brother (until recently) just haven't been able to maintain the status that they both deserve.

I can't argue with any of your points but I still love watching him fight.

God dammit he was drugged before the gsp Ffs
Should be a NC

All jk aside
Pretty much agree with everything stated In OP

Both Anderson and gsp were stylisticly hard fights for diaz.
I see truth in this. When he doesn't see a clear path to victory, he clowns and hopes to get under an opponent's skin. Unfortunately GSP wasn't falling for that shit, and Silva knew exactly what it was.

Remember Nick's fights in the UFC before SF, had a bad run at the end against top competition but was always game. I enjoyed his fights in SF as well. It would have been fun to see him reach his full potential as a fighter, nobody to blame for that not happening than Nick himself.

I'll still watch when he fights again too :)

Real Diaz fans arent only his fans if he fights or not. Real Diaz fans support him in whatever he feels like doing. he has already done so much in the sport and provided us with epic moments. If he wants to smoke weed then let him. If he wants a money fight and wont come back then so be it. The guy clearly doesnt like to fight anymore and says he wont do it unless its worth it for him. He isn't worried about being the next UFC show boy company man.

Diaz Bros is a lifestyle man. Not about coming back to fight to feed your blood thirsty desires. Get with it
People seem to forget he did say he DOESN'T like fighting and that's why he wants money fights. He wants to get paid to do something he really doesn't want to do.

Nope. He's dope and does dope shit. Wish he was more active though, and I do see how people lose respect for because of his interviews and all that. Them shits don't effect me though. I'm a grown ass man. What he runs his mouth about doesn't change my life. He just needs to stay the hell out of trouble and fight more. Take things a bit more serious.

Nick will fight anyone, which is cool, but his relentless bitching EVERY TIME he loses ruined him for me. Also his lack of professionalism either drug tests and media obligations are annoying as well. Very good fighter. Could've been better if he didn't get in his own way.

Both Diaz Bros are overrated, mouthy fighters. Good entertainment value, but glad they don't work for me!

well fuck since last tuesday you have shit all figured out

Back