Media Nick Diaz Looking Old and Stiff

Nick actually has some power, watch his first lawler fight. Not just the hard shots he lands but check out the monster hook he threw that barely missed
Oh, no. I agree. They can both actually crank their power up.

When did a Diaz brother ever look fast and athletic? This proves nothing. I expect Nick to get down when it matters.

Imagine trying to gleam anything from this. If he has a horrible performance this clip isn't showing it, lol.
Yeah this is a stretch. I'm pretty sure he gets his ass beat, but stranger things have happened.

I'm upping my $50 bet (oh yeah, white boy rich lol )with my friend on this fight. I'm not liking Diaz even though Robbie is 1-5 or some shit in the last fights. This is just pure nostalgia. Just seems like the weight change, the quotes out of him saying he "already beat" Lawler -- I mean this is FOREVER ago and I don't think he's taking it seriously.

My friend and I bet on the 2004 fight, and we're going back to the same fucking bar (that burnt down and was rebuilt) for this event, and we're literally gonna be a few feet away from where we watched the first one. If you had told me in 2004 I'd be sitting in this city, hanging out with someone I've known since I was 4, watching those two dudes fight like 17 years later I'd have said fuck off.

Historically, Nick always looks slow but he was fit and young.
Now he looks slow, old and overweight.

He doesnt look over weight to me, he looks solid.

Was expecting a video like Randy's, left disappointed...

It's amazing how few mma fans understand angles. I don't think any two fighters in ufc history have used less angles than the Diaz brothers
<Huh2>

Have you guys seen the interview?

Nick was really all over the place and super pissed off. Dude clearly hates MMA and everything related to it except for the money.

Nick says this kind of stuff literally before almost every fight. 10 years ago he was saying that BJ Penn might be his last fight, that he didn't really want to be there anymore and Cesar Gracie talked him into taking the fight.

He looks like he always did while shadow boxing, plus this isn't even real, it's for the camera. Lol

He looks old and slow, but then again he's never been the fastest. He's always been a cardio and volume fighter, not athletic and explosive. If his chin is still there and his defense is good, he could still beat Lawler. Well see what happens, I gotta admit this doesn't give me more confidence in him tho.

He's air boxing for the UFC photographer and you want him to go full speed?
We’ve gone down this road many times. Whenever a fighter looked like shit in the reels somebody always said reels aren’t supposed to be full speed n this doesn’t tell us much or whatever…. But pretty much every time, when it came to fight time .. they did in fact perform as garbage as people were suspecting they would based upon the footage

Yikes. Hopefully it was in slo-mo. What are the odds? Should be very easy money on Robbie.

How many presidents have we had since Nate's last fight? Lol

We’ve gone down this road many times. Whenever a fighter looked like shit in the reels somebody always said reels aren’t supposed to be full speed n this doesn’t tell us much or whatever…. But pretty much every time, when it came to fight time .. they did in fact perform as garbage as people were suspecting they would based upon the footage

Predicting a fighter who hasnt fought in 6 years is gonna look like shit, wow really enlightening, tell me more Socrates

He looks like he always did while shadow boxing, plus this isn't even real, it's for the camera. Lol
What’s your bets looking like for this card sherbro?

Thread wasnt meant to be taken that seriously but it’s not surprising that Sherdoggers can come to such extreme conclusions based on a 10 second clip meant for promo.

Last edited:
Predicting a fighter who hasnt fought in 6 years is gonna look like shit, wow really enlightening, tell me more Socrates
U were basically hinting that we don’t know that he’s gonna perform poorly n now yur moving the goal posts
nick might win but it’s only cause he’s fighting jobby lawler

What’s your bets looking like for this card sherbro?

Thread wasnt meant to be taken that seriously but it’s not surprising that Sherdoggers can come to such extreme conclusions based on a 10 second clip meant for promo.
This card doesn't seem to have that many good bets that I'm aware of. I wouldn't touch Nick vs Robbie, too many unknowns (I think Nick will probably win though). The only fight I'm putting more than $50 on is Jessica Andrade, I think it'll go the distance too. I also put a little money for the 125lbs title not to go the distance. The real money for me is in October, I bet a few hundred on Jan vs Glover, I'm taking Jan, might even bet on a finish. Cheers....

Back