Media Nick Diaz Looking Old and Stiff

Looks can be deceiving. Diaz was never that fast with his hands, and yes he has been off for 7 years now. But Lawler isnt you himself and as for chin, Diaz can outlast the best of them. I think this fight will be quite "lacking" but i have Lawler by UD.

last legend fight. 2 crazy fucks. I want 3 rounds

I hope we get a great fight. Just the anticipation for this one is worth it.

This looks the same when he was young. What I fear is that he took this fight with barely any training except by himself. I hope he made things right with trainer Richard Perez after stiffing him in 2015. Most of the training footage is him shadowboxing or him in front of a heavy bag. I saw one footage of him hitting pads and it's not Perez.

Other than T Wood who has Usman fought who resembles this description?

Jorge Masvidal 2x

Kamaru and his management went on a three month publicity tour begging and pleading for Nate Diaz to get a WW title shot and for all we know Nate didn't get it because Colby has the Trump connection.

They alluded to Nick getting a WW title shot if he beat Robbie.

Theres no other champion trying to rent out title shots to the highest bidder like Kamaru.

I don't see Jan Blachowicz going on Ariel Helwanis show hysterically demanding Vitor Belfort get a title shot now that he knocked out a HW boxing champion.

All while there are guys in the division in the top 3 on 10 fight winning streaks like Leon Edwards.

I dont expect him to look like Petr Yan in front of the camera. (BTW i wondered if this was shopped somehow,but then I saw that this is indeed exactly how it looks in the fight)

200w.gif

This GIF is messing with my brain.

He looks drunk, not punch drunk. Thanks Honda for getting him started on the booze

Wow I hope this isn’t where I think this may be headed.

Ortiz v Chuck…

Chuck looked SOOO slow and awful. Although his body looked great (juice), his shadow boxing proved to be a sign he was going to lose badly.

The second time when it was showing Askren shadow boxing (even though I thought Paul would win) I actually thought Ben may have been holding out. He lost in spectacular fashion.

and lastly for Holyfield. Yikes.

So history seems to be, Lawler via TKO / KO and probably quickly.

as much as our hearts want to believe Nick will win, it just doesn’t seem likely.
Hope he proves me wrong!!

Have you guys seen the interview?

Nick was really all over the place and super pissed off. Dude clearly hates MMA and everything related to it except for the money.

"Dad Bod" Diaz is born

Looks like an older Nick Diaz doing some slow shadow boxing for a camera for a promo, you nerd.

half-speed punches from every possible angle.
It's amazing how few mma fans understand angles. I don't think any two fighters in ufc history have used less angles than the Diaz brothers

Jorge Masvidal 2x

Kamaru and his management went on a three month publicity tour begging and pleading for Nate Diaz to get a WW title shot and for all we know Nate didn't get it because Colby has the Trump connection.

They alluded to Nick getting a WW title shot if he beat Robbie.

Theres no other champion trying to rent out title shots to the highest bidder like Kamaru.

I don't see Jan Blachowicz going on Ariel Helwanis show hysterically demanding Vitor Belfort get a title shot now that he knocked out a HW boxing champion.

All while there are guys in the division in the top 3 on 10 fight winning streaks like Leon Edwards.
Mas was coming off two highlight reel wins at 170. The first fight was underwhelming, but it was short notice and Usman said he would run it back with Mas with a full camp. Can't fault him for that seems fair.

Then he fought the number one contender and won, and he KOd full training camp Mas right after. He's scheduled to fight Colby next, the call outs are money plays but he wants to stay active and get paid.

I will agree that Edwards deserves the shot more than Colby, but the matchmakers love their freaking undeserved title shot rematches as much as Hollywood loves unnecessary sequels.

Doesn't look great, but do the Diaz brothers ever look super athletic with blinding speed? They pretty much stand right in front of their opponents, talk endless shit, and lob trillions of half-power, half-speed punches from every possible angle. My guess is that he'll go out against Robbie and fight exactly the way he always did.

Nick actually has some power, watch his first lawler fight. Not just the hard shots he lands but check out the monster hook he threw that barely missed

I am thinking about changing my pick to Lawler. All the signs are there. I don't know? I might stick with Diaz. It is so frustrating.

Nowhere near as bad as Askren but then that's a pretty looooow bar

Calling it now. Diaz doesn't fight

It's amazing how few mma fans understand angles. I don't think any two fighters in ufc history have used less angles than the Diaz brothers
I dont agree and a lot of top professionals have said otherwise.

Back