Nick Diaz is overrated

His fanboys say he is amazing, yet don't want him to fight a world class wrestler unless it's for the title.

Anderson was on PED's, Nick smoked some weed.

The only fight where he didn't look good was the GSP fight.

Looking good...lol who cares, he still didn't get the job done.

Looking good...lol who cares, he still didn't get the job done.

aSJGX.gif

I get your point, however, I think Wonderboy is very likeable. He's got the looks, talent, and manners. Not every star must use expletive words all the time for popularity
You misunderstood me, I think he is an awesome fighter and really nice guy in the media anyway but that nickname is not a selling point. Linda Carter was able to pull off being "WonderWoman" because she was so cute but the TV show was lack luster to say the least. I only seen it a couple of times to see who the hell WonderWoman was. Wonderboy reminds of something you would see on a kids lunch box. It's kinda like Mighty Mouse you won't find a more humble respectful guy and in my opinion he is THE BEST but the guy has to pay people to buy his PPV's and their is no doubt that dumb ass nickname don't help anything that name you find on children's pajamas

there is so much talk of his return for a super fight or a title fight with Woodley but why? he lost his last 3 fights and has been out of action for 2 years .
It's because people like him. He has that certain "it" factor that is irresistible to some people.

He is overrated though. He hasn't even looked good in a fight since 2012.

There's no shame in losing to those guys, but there's no glory in it either. The guy simply isn't an elite competitor but is still held in such high esteem, it's weird

He stood toe to toe with Anderson Silva. He gave GSP a hell of a fight, it was a back and fourth battle. GSP was never close to finishing.

I'm not sure what you mean by elite competitor. My definition of an elite competitor would be someone who is competitive with the top of the division. Unless my eyes are lying to me, Nick Diaz can hang with the top 10 and the champion on any given day. But It doesn't mean he deserves an instant title shot.

You are right tho, there is no glory in losing. However a back and fourth competitive fight is respectable in many fans eyes. See Gus/Jones, Lawler/Rory/Carlos..etc.

Unanimous decision win for Carlos condit

Via Greg Jacksons master plan of running. I love Carlos Condit but that was an out character fight for him.

If you want to call it an amazing fight for him, bless your heart. I won't stop you from believing it.

Enjoy.

he was on an 11 fight winning streak. got robbed against Condit and then went all 5 rounds with both GSP and Silva.

He stood toe to toe with Anderson Silva. He gave GSP a hell of a fight, it was a back and fourth battle. GSP was never close to finishing.

I'm not sure what you mean by elite competitor. My definition of an elite competitor would be someone who is competitive with the top of the division. Unless my eyes are lying to me, Nick Diaz can hang with the top 10 and the champion on any given day. But It doesn't mean he deserves an instant title shot.

You are right tho, there is no glory in losing. However a back and fourth competitive fight is respectable in many fans eyes. See Gus/Jones, Lawler/Rory/Carlos..etc.

I didn't find any of those fights particularly close or competitive. Yes he fought tough against GSP and silva, But just avoiding being finished is not elite. Beating elite fighters is elite, Diaz lost to them like he lost to lesser fighters

His fanboys say he is amazing, yet don't want him to fight a world class wrestler unless it's for the title.
I'm down for him to fight a world class wrestler, but to a finish, unlimited time.

Sorry, they don't get their own rules...
The point of rules is for safety, excitement and fair play. That rule change only violates the wrestler's safety. Otherwise we would be good to go.

Back