Nick Diaz is 100% doing this fight for a paycheque

Hes gonna pull a chuck lidell and shit the bed watch

Same thread, slightly different title. I wish the mods would merge all of these "Nate Diaz looks bad" threads, but there's already like 40 of them.

It’s a little different now bruh, I know Nick has always been antsy and closed off, but the dude, despite doing triathlons, is injured and or dejected. He usually has a mean look in his eye, a thousand yard stare, this time, he looks uninterested, no fire behind those eyes. I hope I’m wrong.

No. We are talking about a guy who is so anxious he got removed from a title fight with GSP for refusing to get on a plane and going to do a press conference. Not just one plane, he skipped three flights booked for him.

Then when he was booked against Anderson, he skipped a flight again and had to be convinced/rebooked to fly out.

In almost every interview, he was dejected and talked about how he didn't want to be there.

Below is one of Nick's more "normal" interviews. He avoids eye contact, looks off in the distance, looks at the ground. It's especially telling when the interviewer asks,

"GSP says he got into fighting because of bullying and he will look at you as a bully to motivate him. What do you think about that?"

Diaz responds by saying that a lot of fighters get into fighting for the same reason. That he had a rough upbringing too. Then when he starts to elaborate and give examples, he gets tongue tied and can't string together any more sentences. That is a clear sign of someone with severe anxiety and trauma in their past.

I have a close relative with severe anxiety and he does the same thing when he tries to talk about past trauma.

People like to knock on Nick for being a hardass gangster wannabe but that is because they confuse him with Nate. Nick has always been anxious, shy and recluse. When he acts out, it's not because he's trying to be hard like Nate does, its because he's having anxiety.

Last edited:
No. We are talking about a guy who is so anxious he got removed from a title fight with GSP for refusing to get on a plane and going to do a press conference. Not just one plane, he skipped three flights booked for him.

Then when he was booked against Anderson, he skipped a flight again and had to be convinced/rebooked to fly out.

In almost every interview, he was dejected and talked about how he didn't want to be there.

I know his career, but his eyes seem a little different. Again, I hope I’m wrong,

Just about every sane UFC fighter is going it for a paycheck

Why shuck and Jive for the Baldfather and risk your health and life for free?

He has that in common with other people doing their job

Back