Nick Diaz in Reebok gear at fighter portraits with top 5 alltime rapper Ghostface Killah

I got him at 3 or 4 in the Wu. But if I rank Rza, that bumps him down to 4 or 5. So that can be considered “barely”. I have Method and Gza above him. And possibly Rza (if ranked) and Raekwon.
I can see it.

I just really love Ghostface. Hated his style at first but it grew on me.

I can see it.

I just really love Ghostface. Hated his style at first but it grew on me.
I have a bias towards Method Man because I listened to so much of his stuff back in the day

And The Wire is my favorite show.

I have a bias towards Method Man because I listened to so much of his stuff back in the day

And The Wire is my favorite show.
I love Method Man. At one point Release Yo Delf was my favorite song. He kinda broke my heart though. When he and Redman sold out HARD.

I love Method Man. At one point Release Yo Delf was my favorite song. He kinda broke my heart though. When he and Redman sold out HARD.

I no joke listen to Release yo Delf every time I work out.

I always thought it would be an insane walk-out song. If they could bleep out the word “nigg@s”. Imagine Jon Jones comes out to that song in his return. The lyrics are perfect.

I wish Pun could have blessed us with a few more albums but there ain’t no way he could ever top Capital Punishment. He is my second favorite lyricist of all time and I think that album is the greatest display of skill I’ve ever heard by one MC over a full length album

Check out killah priests psychic world of Walter Reed. That album is the apex of rhyming . Pun was just mostly on some thug/gangster shit on capital punishment. Priests album is like a movie loaded with tons of imagery and has diverse, esoteric subjects while maintaining the greatest level of rhyming skill ever displayed on any rap album.

"It was classic how he took the weed and passed it dumped the ashes then blew out the cosmic gasses"

Idk about top 5 of all time, but Fishscale is my shit. CLASSIC album

I got him at 3 or 4 in the Wu. But if I rank Rza, that bumps him down to 4 or 5. So that can be considered “barely”. I have Method and Gza above him. And possibly Rza (if ranked) and Raekwon.
Why would RZA not be ranked? Just cuz he produced a lot, he still raps

Who you got ahead of him in Wu? I’ll give you Rae, but I think ghost is second. GZA 3rd and method 4th IMO
I wouldn’t even put Rae up there over ghost . ghost has been the most consistent out the wu.
The albums you put out actually count, people.

Check out killah priests psychic world of Walter Reed. That album is the apex of rhyming . Pun was just mostly on some thug/gangster shit on capital punishment. Priests album is like a movie loaded with tons of imagery and has diverse, esoteric subjects while maintaining the greatest level of rhyming skill ever displayed on any rap album.
I agree that while capital punishment isn’t the deepest album ever, with mostly braggadocios rhymes... I’m talking about wordplay and flow when I mention it as one of the greatest lyrical albums of all time. I’m admittedly not as familiar with Killah priest but have heard enough of him to be confident in my opinion. Which doesn’t mean yours is wrong. I love arguing hip hop opinions lol.

PS my autocorrect wanted to turn “killah priest” into “killashaw”... I’m on sherdog too much lol

Because he’s like the leader. It would be like ranking Splinter amongst the ninja turtles.
Splinter ain’t a ninja turtle but RZA is still a wu tang member! Would be one thing if He did nothing but produce, but if he He rhyming then I see no reason he can’t be compared to the other guys in the group

Fine. Now I’m all f*ccked up with the ranking then. But Gza and Meth are 1 and 2.
Lol don’t worry, If the group rankings weren’t fucked up then we wouldn’t be having a Wu tang convo!

Rae gets points knocked off for following up the purple tape with the absolutely forgettable Immobilarity album.

Rae gets points knocked off for following up the purple tape with the absolutely forgettable Immobilarity album.
I don’t like knocking points off for bad albums, I like giving credit for the best! If I could flip your theory of ghost being better than rae (cuz I don’t think there is a wrong choice between them) I would say it’s cuz ghost co-featured on the best rae solo album.. not because Rae had a couple bad albums... IMO he had a nice comeback in the late 2000s with some solid albums and mixtapes

I agree that while capital punishment isn’t the deepest album ever, with mostly braggadocios rhymes... I’m talking about wordplay and flow when I mention it as one of the greatest lyrical albums of all time. I’m admittedly not as familiar with Killah priest but have heard enough of him to be confident in my opinion. Which doesn’t mean yours is wrong. I love arguing hip hop opinions lol.

PS my autocorrect wanted to turn “killah priest” into “killashaw”... I’m on sherdog too much lol

Youre familiar with priest but are you familiar with that album? Puns wordplay was OK but didnt stand out and isn't really all time great nor was his wordokay ever something brought up when discussing him. I've heard others with better use of wordplay. So really it just comes down to flow was good and I can see the argument for it but it was mostly rapid fire and I felt at some points felt rushed. I'm just saying if you're talking overall skill check out the multisyllabic rhyming, imagery, flow, concepts on that album. Shit is like a movie. Check out songs like listen to me, brilliantaire, new reality, visionz..etc. that's the apex of rap skills

Youre familiar with priest but are you familiar with that album? Puns wordplay was OK but didnt stand out and isn't really all time great nor was his wordokay ever something brought up when discussing him. I've heard others with better use of wordplay. So really it just comes down to flow was good and I can see the argument for it but it was mostly rapid fire and I felt at some points felt rushed. I'm just saying if you're talking overall skill check out the multisyllabic rhyming, imagery, flow, concepts on that album. Shit is like a movie. Check out songs like listen to me, brilliantaire, new reality, visionz..etc. that's the apex of rap skills
We just disagree on Pun, no big deal... I’m familiar with the album but it’s been a while so I’ll have to go back and listen. Thanks for bringing it up!

Back