Nick Diaz has never beaten a top 10 WW. True?

Benoco

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Bisping vs Hendo is a farce but Bisping was able to take advantage of timing to call out Hendo.

They have history, one of the greatest KOs of all time.
Hendo just KO'd Lombard in impressive fashion, so it was still fresh in everyone's mind.

Jacare, the number one contender, recently lost to Yoel (controversial I know).
Weidman just lost.
He beat Luke in one round.

So even though Jacare is getting screwed bigtime it's not the worst denial of a shot I've ever seen, they all lost in their last two fights.

Woodley calling out Diaz is just as bad at first glance, but the details of Wonderboy and Diaz recent records make the call out way worse imo.

Wonderboy is on an absolute tear:
7 fight win streak,
3 consecutive top 10s
2 consecutive top 5s, both of whom most recently lost for the belt,
Steamrolled all his recent opponents, nobody came close to having him in trouble.

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011:
has tested positive for Marijuana in two of his last three,
his only win since returning to the UFC is against a guy who's most recent fight was at Featherweight and was past his prime,
has never beaten a top 10 WW. Is this true? Edit: BJ and Daley were both ranked number 9.

Hopefully the UFC don't go for this because the precedent would be ridiculous!

Last edited:
He beat the 2 lw goats when he was smaller. And one has had massive success at ww while the other was probably geared up.

He also beat the most feared ww striker at the time in a straight stand up fight. And as of 2 days ago he had the only ko victory over the current champion.

And reefer is currently decriminalized in 21 states.

He beat the 2 lw goats when he was smaller. And one has had massive success at ww while the other was probably geared up.

He also beat the most feared ww striker at the time in a straight stand up fight. And as of 2 days ago he had the only ko victory over the current champion.

And reefer is currently decriminalized in 21 states.

Yeah, I'm aware of all of that, the Zoromskis win was quality and he was just outside the top 10.

Yeah he beat Robbie Lawler........ in 2004

He KO'd Lawler

4Cfy3Rh.gif

Jacare doesn't really have big wins like Romero or Weidman/ rockhold for that matter. Romero should be #1.

Jacare doesn't really have big wins like Romero or Weidman/ rockhold for that matter. Romero should be #1.

True.

Jacare doesnt have any big wins.

As long as you dont include Belfort, Mousasi or Kennedy.

Yeah, I'm aware of all of that, the Zoromskis win was quality and he was just outside the top 10.

Yeah he beat Robbie Lawler........ in 2004

Zoromskis was a quality win, as was Cyborg.

But Paul Daley was the #1 striker at WW at the time he KO'd him on the feet, and you didn't even know he was ranked, so what are we doing here?

Back