Nick Diaz has 1 win in the UFC against a FW 5 years ago...

GSP has 2 wins over a FW and those wins are considered as some of his biggest wins by his fans.

Let's notjust cheery pick non optimal weight.. pick what he chose to compete at most of his career / the best place body stats for them.

Nick ain't making LW this days ain't he ? same for BJ and LHW .. you get the point.
Nick never made lightweight.

Let's notjust cheery pick non optimal weight.. pick what he chose to compete at most of his career / the best place body stats for them.

Nick ain't making LW this days ain't he ? same for BJ and LHW .. you get the point.

Well, yeah, obviously.
Nick is a WW, and so is BJ.

These threads are tiresome, we could go through and pick apart every fighter's resume if we chose to.

Nick never made lightweight.

Pride's LW division ? still under the 170 WW by UFC standards..

160 or 161 the heck it was.. closer to 155 then 170... you get the point they were trying to make.

EDIT even in EliteXC the LW was 160 lbs for them so heck it ain't WW it just a bit bigger LW

Last edited:
Well, yeah, obviously.
Nick is a WW, and so is BJ.

I was never on board with the BJ to WW.. the moment you don't cut weight or if you do only cut a few lbs you aren't in the correct class but hey if they can do it then more power to them.

I wouldn't care THAT much if I thought Diaz was going to be in an exciting fight, but when's the last time that even happened? Not against GSP, Condit, Silva, Penn. I honestly can't remember.

Against better fighters he can't implement his game so it's dull. That said I could see a fight against Woolley being a barn burner. IMO he is more exciting against aggressive strikers / wrestlers, just not counter punchers or wrestlers with great him jitsu.
I hate Diaz as much as the next guy but you can't call his BJ fight boring. It was a constant war with very little stalling. Sure, BJ was no match and it became a destructo-fest soon enough but it was not a boring fight.

That or some dude who's retired. Can't blame any fighter for wanting money fights but this is an especially strange call by Woodley. At least Bisping has got some reason to fight Hendo.

Woodley is just straight up scared of Thompson.
I see it more as a "fuck you" to Thompson. Thompson said after his last fight "I'm fighting lawler next". So he straight up saw lawler beating woodly.

TWood is not afraid of wonder woman He just wants to get paid Wonder woman wanted Robbie well now he can have him . But Nick doesn't deserve title shot . GSP can have it NY
Twood is shitting at his pants at the thought of fighting wonderboy.

I'll settle this once and for all..

Everybody is openweight

His argument really isn't that weak tho... Nick hasn't won in half a decade.

Some strange straw argument for all the Diaz fans saying but Penn is a LW!

Penn is a LW because there was no FW division until the end of his career. He can make FW just as easily as Edgar and he did just that in his last fight and he was planning to do it again until he got suspended.

Then again these are probably the same guys that say Conor is a natural FW and and Edgar is a natural LW.

I was never on board with the BJ to WW.. the moment you don't cut weight or if you do only cut a few lbs you aren't in the correct class but hey if they can do it then more power to them.
BJ fought his toughest competition, and had a majority of his fights at that weight because they cut the LW division, and brought it back after TUF.

No, he's a LHW.

Screen-shot-2014-07-05-at-8.02.16-PM-600x350.png
I think Penn should be forced to fight at LHW if he ever decides to fight again.

Penn vs Glover for next title shot!

I hate Diaz as much as the next guy but you can't call his BJ fight boring. It was a constant war with very little stalling. Sure, BJ was no match and it became a destructo-fest soon enough but it was not a boring fight.

To me it was so one sided that it was boring.

But he won the Condit fight you goof. :D

And his last fight is a NC going up a weight class and going vs the GOAT of that division. (other champs didn't dare to do it)

Context and all that is nice to have.

He literally didn't land a single strike in round 4 and just taunted. Stats support Carlos and unlike the Robbie fight, the judges got this one right.

He literally didn't land a single strike in round 4 and just taunted. Stats support Carlos and unlike the Robbie fight, the judges got this one right.

Watch the fight again.. one came to play a game the other to fight and Nick took 3 rounds.

That fight will haunt Condit long after his retirement.. it was way worst then a loss.

Watch the fight again.. one came to play a game the other to fight and Nick took 3 rounds.

That fight will haunt Condit long after his retirement.. it was way worst then a loss.

You obv have trouble reading stats. Carlos won the interim belt that night. Ain't shit but the loss to GSP and Robbie haunting him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back