Nick Diaz: GSP Should've Taken The Fight Against Silva

Gsp knows historically bigger guys win at grappling with littler guys and little guys beat bi guys in striking. So Anderson would not have been a good fight for him

This is one of the few times i agree with Nick. GSP needed this win to cement his legacy. Without being AS, GSP will never surpass him in most eyes.

Risk was worth it. Shame

Because Nick can beat GSP just like Hendricks can. Diaz is a world class athlete and might not have dangerous power but his boxing and cardio could ware you out quick. His BJJ is above average as well, so if the fight goes to the ground, he could easily pull off a sub on anyone including GSP/Silva.

I agree with Diaz, that GSP should have fought Anderson. The fans wanted it for 5 years and Silva entertained it for a bit. Dana loved the idea but never slammed the hammer on golden boy GSP. Would have been a true " super fight" at the time, and with Anderson being exposed against elite wrestlers recently GSP could have possibly pulled off a win that would have made him no doubt GOAT. Only if GSP had BJ Penn's mentality...smh

Just an all around silly and delusional statement. Nick cannot beat GSP as evidence in their fight, he didn't even make it competitive. He was completely outclassed and had no chance of submitting GSP, and you're utterly insane for thinking he could have.

GSP fought the best competition in his weight class, so to say Dana never slammed the hammer home is just stupid . Why should GSP be forced to fight a much bigger guy. Besides GSP had good and interesting fights at 170.

The fight people wanted more was Anderson vs Jones. What did Anderson say to a fight with Jones? He said no no no and anyone with eyes could see he wanted no part of Jones. Of course Anderson wanted the GSP fight, GSP is a huge name and he has a huge size advantage.

"if only GSP had BJ Penn's mentality " is such an absurd statement where do I even begin? Look what Bj did to his legacy. GSP always had a smarter mentality than Penn
That's why GSP is known as one of the goats and Bj isn't. Bj managed his career extremely poorly, and never had the drive and determination that GSP had.

Literally everything you said was wrong

This is going to be a big payday for Nick Diaz.

I wonder if it's ever occurred to Nick that he's Anderson's tune-up fight and that he may yet still fight GSP.

So many fanboys try to act like a fighter's agent. "Thats a dumb right to take". Shutup and watch and enjoy fights

GSP didn't take the fight with Anderson for the same reason Anderson didn't want a fight with Jones. He didn't want to get beat and humiliated.

Would have loved to see it. GSP by 50-45. But seriously, I love Diaz when he's fighting, but my goodness it can be hard to listen to him talk. Not sure why he thinks GSP 'should' have taken the fight. Maybe the same reasons everyone said Nick 'should' have taken the Mayhem fight.

GSP dodged that fight for years and we all know it. Even Dana said GSP never was excited about the idea.

That fight would have done massive ppv numbers.

Diaz thinking about GSP before fighting Anderson, let it go dude.

What is your opinion after Diaz vs. Silva?

Back