Nick Diaz: GSP Should've Taken The Fight Against Silva

Running his mouth by effectively complementing Nick by saying he's tough, has good boxing and could win this fight. His one criticism was that he thought it was a mistake to take the fight at 185 because that's Anderson's comfort zone.

How dare he run his mouth!

(P.S. GSP made Nick look like a fucking amateur)

well thats a matter of perspective.

facts are the same.

video took place months ago

nick was answering a question to respond to gsp's comments about nick.

Tbh I don't give a shit about SF. And I'm Anderson was always down for a fight with GSP in Canada, Vegas, or Dallas. GSP twice shot down the idea when asked about it by Rogan.
big GSP fan here but I can back that up, I remember a few times when he said he wasnt looking to do it. Makes sense too considering he got conservative at the end. Someone isnt going to do that and then decide to fight maybe the greatest striker ever a weight class above him. And no matter how big the cut, Come fight day Silva is the much bigger guy

Tbh I don't give a shit about SF. And I'm Anderson was always down for a fight with GSP in Canada, Vegas, or Dallas. GSP twice shot down the idea when asked about it by Rogan.

OMG Silva was willing to let GSP move up a weight-class and fight him? Wow what a badass!!! I doubt GSP would have fought Benson!! :rolleyes:

I don't disagree that GSP didn't really want the fight, but I would also argue that Anderson didn't really want it that bad either. He wanted GSP to come up to his weight so he could have an advantage and a big payday at the same time. Silva had every opportunity to drop down and face GSP. He even said he wanted to do it, but he never did. It was all talk, and as Weidman said, it's a puss move to call out guys in a weight class below you.

You should care about SF. Nick ducked Hieron because the risks outweighed the rewards. The same with GSP/Silva and Silva/Jones. When lots of money is on the line you usually make the move that's best for your career.

Both BJ and Anderson moved up and dominated a champion from the weight class above them who was in his prime or near it. You're not going to pass them for GOAT by playing it safe.

I agree, should have done it for the fans and for Legacy. Loss wouldn't have hurt him.

I don't agree.

GSP never fought at MW his whole UFC career.
He has reach, but his frame would have been quite small at MW.
He was a round-winning type of fighter without finishing power (or at least he didn't use finishing power). He would be trying to outpoint and get surprise-TD's on much bigger/stronger guys.
Even guys like Munoz, Boetsch, Okami, or Bisping could be a problem for GSP.
And then guys like Vitor, Machida, Rockhold, and Jacare would be nightmares for GSP. They have skills and they're too big/strong. And they have major finishing power.
I can't see things going well for GSP against Weidman or Anderson.

Funny thing is, I think there are LHW and even HW that GSP could possibly beat, but GSP would never be champ at MW.
GSP made millions and there would be nothing to be gained from fighting at MW.
Firas said he thought GSP could make 155 with the right diet, and I actually believe that.

Though GSP could make 155, he would lose some muscle to do so and might not be as effective with a different build. Some guys fight better lighter, some fight better a little more yoked, that's why going down is not always the answer. The idea of GSP at 155 sure is scary though.

As much as I believe you can't blame Georges for not wanting to fight Anderson (who really is a much bigger guy, just look at the photoshoot they did together), I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the fight never occurred.

Yup should have done it for the fans that pay him to fight.

He was too concerned with his record or with losing. Honestly, GSP might have been able to wrestle him to a decision.

shut up nick. you have nothing against gsp. and you will be nothing against anderson

Nick Diaz's train of thought has to be one of the most scattered of all the public figures that I know of.

GSP made the right decision. The 185ers are huge compared to him, and he wouldn't have stood a very good chance of beating the best 185 lb fighter on the planet; he would've stood a very good chance of getting KO'd by the best 185 lb fighter on the planet and taking unneccessary damage.

This isn't to say that I'm glad that we missed out on one of the biggest potential fights in MMA, and that's why we need ballsy fighters like Nick Diaz, but GSP made the right call for GSP.

Blah, blah, blah about MW being to big to GSP. Look at BJ Penn, a true warrior, who fights LWH and HWs

Diaz should've taken the fights against Mayhem, Hieron and Woodley.

I would watch if they did GSP vs Anderson. gsp comes back from retirement, and anderson takes one final fight before retiring. he'll be like 41 then.

Because Nick can beat GSP just like Hendricks can. Diaz is a world class athlete and might not have dangerous power but his boxing and cardio could ware you out quick. His BJJ is above average as well, so if the fight goes to the ground, he could easily pull off a sub on anyone including GSP/Silva.

I agree with Diaz, that GSP should have fought Anderson. The fans wanted it for 5 years and Silva entertained it for a bit. Dana loved the idea but never slammed the hammer on golden boy GSP. Would have been a true " super fight" at the time, and with Anderson being exposed against elite wrestlers recently GSP could have possibly pulled off a win that would have made him no doubt GOAT. Only if GSP had BJ Penn's mentality...smh

I watched GSP walk over Diaz and beat Condit.

Diaz is totally different to Hendricks.

Delusional GSP hate.

Funny comment by Nick - He (GSP) tried to gain enough weight to hold the guy down, maybe he can't do it, it was a bad idea... Haha

Just I did not catch the word he said after "gain weight", does anyone understand what he said there?

GSP is not the man like Diaz
Diaz takes the fight anytime anywhere anyone

Back