Nick Diaz: GSP Should've Taken The Fight Against Silva

if the fight goes to the ground, he could easily pull off a sub on anyone including GSP/Silva.

Easily pull off a sub? Did you watch the fight?

GSP/Diaz on the ground reminded me of that video of Mousasi and Ronda rolling. It was comical. I was almost embarrassed for Diaz :icon_lol:

Easily pull off a sub? Did you watch the fight?

GSP/Diaz on the ground reminded me of that video of Mousasi and Ronda rolling. It was comical. I was almost embarrassed for Diaz :icon_lol:

Na dude, Diaz can pull off a sub on anyone.

well, first of all that was from a november press conference. and 2nd of all he was asked a question based on GSP running his mouth about Nick taking the Silva fight. GSP was the one who instigated that whole convo.
GSP was pre-emptivley putting it out there that it was a mistake for nick to take the fight, since it makes georges looks weak by never stepping up.

Running his mouth by effectively complementing Nick by saying he's tough, has good boxing and could win this fight. His one criticism was that he thought it was a mistake to take the fight at 185 because that's Anderson's comfort zone.

How dare he run his mouth!

(P.S. GSP made Nick look like a fucking amateur)

Nick has a point, I as a fan really looked forward for a gsp and silva superfight, doesnt matter what weight or if a catch weight. It's a really exciting fight to make 5 years ago, just to measure the caliber of them both and to cement their legacy.
The fight never happened which is disappointing, seems that no one out there left with the fight mentality of bj who fights at any weight class.

don't agree with him on gsp, but win or lose you do have to give nick major props for stepping up against anderson.

Anderson - GSP would have been huge but I always stated that it would never happen because GSP was afraid of him.

Why would GSP take any advice from Nick Diaz?

Because Nick has the balls to fight Anderson. GSP dodged that fight for years and we all know it. Even Dana said GSP never was excited about the idea.

Disagree.

He had nothing to gain by fighting Anderson. Silva is clearly the bigger guy and would have taken GSP out.

He had everything to gain from anderson fight. A win against andy he is undisputed goat. A loss and he is still undisputed goat at welterweight

Because Nick has the balls to fight Anderson. GSP dodged that fight for years and we all know it. Even Dana said GSP never was excited about the idea.

Anderson said he wanted to cut to 170 to fight GSP yet he never did.

Too bad he didn't have the balls to fight GSP.

And too bad Nick didn't have the balls to fight Hieron when he was Strikeforce champ. :wink:

Completely stupid shit coming out of his mouth as usual. Move along, nothing new to see here...

Wasn't that quote from months ago? Seems like a weird time to post it
no doubt. Seemed like speculating if the guy that beat him 50-45 could beat the guy he is about to face is the last thing he would want to be thinking about. Even for Nick that would be weird timing. How old is the quote? I could see saying it maybe after he accepted to kind of pat himself on the back for taking the fight or prior but now would have been really weird.

We all know that Anderson would have tooled GSP. The fight didn't happen but it is no big deal as it was a foregone conclusion anyways.

That title goes to Fedor. Clearly the money alone wasn't enough for the fight to happen, so I doubt it was the case.

I think GSP would have lost but if he went up to 185 and beat Anderson Silva there would be NO argument that GSP was the best of all time.. period...

any Fedor fan that disagrees is ignorant... GSP dominated everyone he fought much more thoroughly then fedor.. if he went up in weight to fight the other person who is argued as the GOAT he would have it.

you would have to actually be mentally disabled to disagree with that.

Anderson said he wanted to cut to 170 to fight GSP yet he never did.

Too bad he didn't have the balls to fight GSP.

And too bad Nick didn't have the balls to fight Hieron when he was Strikeforce champ. :wink:

Tbh I don't give a shit about SF. And I'm Anderson was always down for a fight with GSP in Canada, Vegas, or Dallas. GSP twice shot down the idea when asked about it by Rogan.

Running his mouth by effectively complementing Nick by saying he's tough, has good boxing and could win this fight. His one criticism was that he thought it was a mistake to take the fight at 185 because that's Anderson's comfort zone.

How dare he run his mouth!

(P.S. GSP made Nick look like a fucking amateur)

I am a huge GSP fan and a Diaz hater.. watching nat get his ass beat live in phoenix was glorious... BUTTT GSP didn't make Nick look that bad.. Nick was semi competitive and GSP looked way worse then usual in that fight..

I don't agree.

GSP never fought at MW his whole UFC career.
He has reach, but his frame would have been quite small at MW.
He was a round-winning type of fighter without finishing power (or at least he didn't use finishing power). He would be trying to outpoint and get surprise-TD's on much bigger/stronger guys.
Even guys like Munoz, Boetsch, Okami, or Bisping could be a problem for GSP.
And then guys like Vitor, Machida, Rockhold, and Jacare would be nightmares for GSP. They have skills and they're too big/strong. And they have major finishing power.
I can't see things going well for GSP against Weidman or Anderson.

Funny thing is, I think there are LHW and even HW that GSP could possibly beat, but GSP would never be champ at MW.
GSP made millions and there would be nothing to be gained from fighting at MW.
Firas said he thought GSP could make 155 with the right diet, and I actually believe that.

Back