NICK DIAZ EXPERTS: ENLIGHTEN ME

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
Perspective: The first time I ever saw Nick fight live (on TV) was against Frank Shamrock in Strikeforce.

A lot of people lump the Diaz brothers together in terms of their "don't quit" attitude to fighting. I think that's mistaken. Only Nate is really that guy. And I think last night proved it.

So I am curious: Did Nick ever go to decision after being beaten up as long and as badly as Nate was (against Jorge and Leon) from the very first round? If so, list the fights as I would like to go back and watch them.

(I have obviously seen Nick lose multiple decisions. But he was never taking major damage and savage beatings prior to the final bell. His losses to Condit and GSP and Silva come to mind.)

Not like Nate in the Masvidal fight. But Nick took some good damage in the Noons fights.

I saw his second fight with Noons. Nick was not losing that fight from the opening bell - by a long shot.

No he didn't go to decision because he overcame the adversity and finished his opponents in highlight reel fashion.

Which fights? Are you saying Nick has been badly beaten up for, say, two rounds straight and then came back to finish his opponent?

Which fights? Are you saying Nick has been badly beaten up for, say, two rounds straight and then came back to finish his opponent?
The daley fight was pretty similar to that. IIRC Nick got hurt bad both rounds before finishing him.

I saw his second fight with Noons. Nick was not losing that fight from the opening bell - by a long shot.
I’m not saying that. Just that he took a lot of damage over 5 rounds. Nick only has so many decisions on his record, and they’re all competitive. Some he won, some he lost. Never did he really get beat up from the opening bell until the final bell.

The daley fight was pretty similar to that. IIRC Nick got hurt bad both rounds before finishing him.
Daley fight ended in the 1st round.
BJ Penn won rd 1 before Nick murdered him in rd 2. Cyborg had a great first half of rd 1 before Nick took over.

Daley fight ended in the 1st round.
BJ Penn won rd 1 before Nick murdered him in rd 2. Cyborg had a great first half of rd 1 before Nick took over.
That fight only lasted one round. Nick did get hurt but recovered quickly.
My mistake thought it was 2 rounds, thanks for the correction.

Perspective: The first time I ever saw Nick fight live (on TV) was against Frank Shamrock in Strikeforce.

A lot of people lump the Diaz brothers together in terms of their "don't quit" attitude to fighting. I think that's mistaken. Only Nate is really that guy. And I think last night proved it.

So I am curious: Did Nick ever go to decision after being beaten up as long and as badly as Nate was (against Jorge and Leon) from the very first round? If so, list the fights as I would like to go back and watch them.

(I have obviously seen Nick lose multiple decisions. But he was never taking major damage and savage beatings prior to the final bell. His losses to Condit and GSP and Silva come to mind.)
Aside from the Mcgregror rematch, which was a draw, when has Nate ever come back in a fight he was losing?

Nick at least pulled off comebacks after getting dropped against Gomi and Daley. Nick also lost round 1 against BJ Penn and came back in that fight.

Last edited:

When has he been badly beaten up for two rounds straight? What the fuck are you even arguing?

He got hurt badly in multiple fights and came back to finish his opponents. He consistently showed his entire career that he can take damage and has been in some amazing wars that went the distance. You don't need to know anything else.

I don't think Nick Diaz ever bought a scented candle for a lady and made an awkward vibrator joke about it...so there's that

Bro watch the Daley fight.

Nick gets dropped twice in the first, the ref is warning Nick he's going to stop the fight and Nick antes up and actually wins.

While I thought the fight should've been stopped earlier I was impressed with how Nick pushed past all the adversity.

Nick took so much damage in fights that he eventually had to have surgery to have his eyebrow bones shaved down to reduce future damage from the accumulated scar tissue. Nick was a beast. I'm not sure what this thread is insinuating. Also, watch the Gomi fight.

Gomi dropped Nick before Nick went on to an exquisite Gogoplata finish in the next round

He was pretty messed up in the Gomi fight. Gomi even pointed to Nicks face to try and get then to stop the fight.

Not like Nate in the Masvidal fight. But Nick took some good damage in the Noons rematch.
Wtf r u talking about.
That was like an even fight that nick edged.

Kj lost that fight dude wtf r u even talking about?

Back