Nick Could Fight Again. And it Could be Soon.

Nah. Let him live.

he was so incredibly slow and then just quit. I'm a lifelong Nick fan, and I don't think he should fight again.
That’s the biggest issue for me, is how slow he looked. He almost looked like Big Nog in there lumbering around.

Now if he doesn't retire at the post fight presser or in the coming days, Nick might stay true to his words and get that next fight going ASAP.

Nick's postfight convo with DC, Nick said he knew he had that beating coming and I'm sure he knew that the day he signed the fight with Robbie. On Thursday's presser, Nick even looked at Dana and wanted another fight right away if he got his ass kicked which he did.

I think we'll see Nick fight again.

Nick didn't even want to finish this fight, why do you think he'll be quick to jump into a new one

No way on earth should he get into the cage again. That ban was bullshit but at least it saved him from taking more damage.

First fight back after thst much time off versus a motivated killer like Lawler.

I think Nick performed pretty well under those circumstances
It's not his actual performance (well until he quit) that concerns Sherbros. He still has good boxing, those skills will never just disappear.

It's literally everything else.

It's the fact that a guy who used to do triathlons as a hobby asked for a higher weight class the week of the fight with no reasonable excuse.

...Then turned up to the fight with a physique closer to a dad bod than a professional fighter...

Then started literally running from his opponent in segments of the first 2 rounds....

then quit because his nose was bleeding.

All those things are a compete contradiction to what a Diaz is supposed to represent. His partying over the years caught up, he couldn't motivate himself to get his weight down, then literally quit once his nose leaked. This guy used to routinely win fights with cuts all over his face.

He obviously needed money and couldn't bring himself to even train properly for it. The irony is, he used to always complain about the UFC selling wolf tickets for other match ups lol. Diaz repeated himself over and over like him and his bro were the only MMA guys on the planet training hard, being 'real' fighters amongst phony martial artists in the fight game, and everyone else on the roster doing steroids.

The only thing to backfire and shit on his claimed legitimacy even more would be him pissing hot for PEDS in post fight tests.

I hope he REALLY needed that money. Fans and even casuals will never forget this tragic fight.

He ran out of gas, as great as his cardio is it just couldn’t make up for the 6 year layoff.

Some people are acting like he was washed out there when at times he looked really really good. It was a great fight, Robbie looked the best he has in awhile. That fight was a lot better than I expected from both
If you put two washed up fighters against each other. One will
look good. Doesn't mean Robbie isn't washed.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw it out there. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking he needs the money possibly? I have a feeling Nick Diaz isn't the financial wiz that everyone assumes he is. Just a theory of mine.
Lol, when has anyone assumed he was remotely good with money?
He tapped to strikes which means he's a bitch, according to Sherlogic.

But yeah he has no business in the cage ever again.
He didn't even tap to strikes, he verbally tapped while receiving no current damage, Lawler was 10 ft away lol . At least he didn't go through with faking the injury to his knee

For someone as popular as him im sure there are many other possible financial opportunities instead of quitting on the stool in front of the whole world after branding yourself as this badass who never quits for the entire career?
Lol, when has anyone assumed he was remotely good with money?

He didn't even tap to strikes, he verbally tapped while receiving no current damage, Lawler was 10 ft away lol . At least he didn't go through with faking the injury to his knee
Google sarcasm buddy

With all due respect to the legend that is nick diaz,
The guy wasted his prime and is a shel of his former self
He has the right moves but the speed and athletism is gone. He looked like he was fighting underwater.
It's on odd one. His chin still looks solid and he was very competitive.
He just randomly checked out.

If you objectively watch this fight and forget this is a "Diaz", there is no way anyone could say the fighter looked good. He was out of shape, ridiculously slow, was totally disinterested in the fight, had 0 power, tried no wrestling, and literally just layed down and quit. Only thing he did was throw lots of volume, but they had nothing behind him. If this would have been any other fighter, people would be calling for him to be cut immediately and say the guy shouldn't be in the UFC at all. Nick should never fight again.

It might be the worst we’ve ever seen someone miss weight. Nick had to cut a signifiant amount of weight to make 185.5 when the contracted weight was 170. Dude must have been 30 lbs overweight.

It's really weird to see a submission due to terror in the UFC. He actually told the ref "I'm too scared" when he told him to get up.

It's too bad Condit retired. Would've been fun to run that one back. Can't think of another Nick fight that interests me

People always complain when a guy keeps fighting even though he has nothing left. Diaz did quit fighting when he had nothing left in the tank but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Lawler was landing nasty body shots and legs kicks, nick was in a lot of pain and he was out of gas from that insane pace.

Why take the fight then, if you know you gonna lose?

I know we cant expect to hear 1 sentence from him that would make sense but at least stop pretending that its normal
Money money money

I mean I don't think he should fight again but if he wants to why not do it at 170 against other ageing vet in Cowboy. Make it 3 rounds and it should still be an interesting watch. Could end up with a double retirement post fight.

Nick spent what could have been the best years of his fighting career out of the cage. Look what Robbie did during those same years. But I never saw the same dedication to fighting from Nick that would have led to that.

He kept himself in shape years ago and put up good effort in fights, but never seemed to love all the dedication that goes into propelling a fighter to the very top. And walking away from fighting at the time he did is clearly evidence of that.

If he's having financial woes at this point, he clearly has no one to blame but himself. When you walk away from your primary income at a young age, you clearly better have a plan to supplement that. What I saw last night was fully what I expected to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back