Nick came for the money

D. Lynch

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I like both Diaz bros but let's be honest here, for the whole week I didn't had the feeling that Nick is actually fighting, his behavior during the walkout was super weird, he looked like the guy who doesn't wanna be where he is.

At the begining of the fight Nick looked slow and sloppy like a punching bag who wants this thing to be done asap and with as little pain as he can get.

He had some good moments there, but the ending just confirmed what I felt the whole fight, he came for the money, didn't recieve too much damage, and he just decided to...quit.

Thoughts?

Of course he did

He made big bank vs GSP, waits 2 years and comes back for a half million pay day vs Silva.

That money doesn't last forever, he figured he would fight again for another big pay day.

He even admitted he doesn't like fighting.

Correct. He was even slower than I thought he’d be. Hope he hangs em up, that was sad.

Of course he did

He made big bank vs GSP, waits 2 years and comes back for a half million pay day vs Silva.

That money doesn't last forever, he figured he would fight again for another big pay day.

He even admitted he doesn't like fighting.
Just in case you didn’t know, he’s been admitting he doesn’t like fighting since his Strikeforce days. Saying it again last week had no bearing on this fight.

It has bearing for all his fights. He fights to make money, as a job.
Sorry let me say it slightly different.

It didn’t make last nights fight any different than any of his other fights.

Maybe you already knew this. But I imagine half of sherdog fans only heard him say it once ever, last week, and thought it made this fight different. It didn’t.

Thoughts?
ThornyDisastrousIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

Sorry let me say it slightly different.

It didn’t make last nights fight any different than any of his other fights.

Maybe you already knew this. But I imagine half of sherdog fans only heard him say it once ever, last week, and thought it made this fight different. It didn’t.
My point was in regards to the OP saying 'Nick only came for the money'
He always just fights for the money, not like last night was anything new

Yes, he probably finally ran out of money so he came back for a guaranteed paycheck. He already mentioned that his latest business venture fell through.

I'd like to think the Diaz bros don't quit. I almost wonder if Nick was injured prior to the fight. Sitting on the fence all fight, going down the way he did, looking out of shape and needing a higher weight class the week of the fight seems like a lot of coincidences.

I mean.. when has a Diaz ever been known to look gassed?

Yes, he probably finally ran out of money so he came back for a guaranteed paycheck. He already mentioned that his latest business venture fell through.
His school got off to a bad start anyways. Gets a guy into the UFC just to get smoked in 15 seconds. I wonder if he gets a cut of that.

might be as simple as that, Its no secret that he doesnt like fighting, but he also needs money and threw away alot of prime years that he could have made cake and not have to come back at 40 and put himself thought that....GSP was right when he said Nick left a lot of money on the table.

Back