Nice promo for Henderson vs Machida

I don't even mind it that much that a WMMA fight is the ME. The problem is that everybody knows it's going to be a 40 second armbar by Rousey, while there's an actual chance that Machida Hendo goes the distance. I don't think Machida is quite the warhorse Shogun was against Hendo, but it's still possible that Rousey main eventing robs us of the championship rounds.

spot on bro...or maybe if were lucky it'll take her half the first round. its bs considering the ramifications for hendo/machida winner

I think Lyoto will TKO him in the 3rd or UD him. If this were a 5rounder Lyoto would definitely finished him.

Yeah he would definitely finish a guy that's never been finished by strikes in almost 40 fights. :rolleyes:

Lyoto is my favorite fighter but I can still be realistic about the fight.

I really don't see Hendo winning this fight unless Machida makes a really stupid mistake. That said, I can't wait for this fight. Only wish it were 5 rounds.

Will rage if Machida picks Hendo apart for 2.5 rounds then Machida survives a H-Bomb at the backend of round 3 and takes a decision.

Good Lord. Dana should hang his head in shame. Two of the best we've ever had the privilege of seeing, and instead we have Ronda Rousey slapping another armbar on some turd as the main event. Shameful.

Henderson only wanted a 3 rounder, the fight was signed for only 3 rounds before the women's title fight. This was NEVER going to be the main event. There was always going to be a different fight signed to the main event.

I don't even mind it that much that a WMMA fight is the ME. The problem is that everybody knows it's going to be a 40 second armbar by Rousey, while there's an actual chance that Machida Hendo goes the distance. I don't think Machida is quite the warhorse Shogun was against Hendo, but it's still possible that Rousey main eventing robs us of the championship rounds.

No it doesn't. This fight was signed for 3 rounds from the beginning, there was always going to be a different fight signed for the main event, even if it wasn't the Women's title fight. You were never getting the championship rounds in Henderson vs Machida.

Yeah he would definitely finish a guy that's never been finished by strikes in almost 40 fights. :rolleyes:

Lyoto is my favorite fighter but I can still be realistic about the fight.

Okay "definitely" is a strong statement, but after watching Hendo-Shogun, I believe Machida could really make Henderson gas in a 5round fight and with Lyoto's precision strikes he could TKO him.

spot on bro...or maybe if were lucky it'll take her half the first round. its bs considering the ramifications for hendo/machida winner

Why? neither of em can beat Jones.

jon_jones.jpg

i remember when dan hendo was known as decision dan, now he's the knockout artist with the h bomb. i dont understand how someone as they get older can get stronger, and improve like hendo does its really incredible.

Why? neither of em can beat Jones.

jon_jones.jpg

Do you not think Machida learned a thing or two from that first fight? Plus, Dan hasn't had his go yet, so saying he CANT beat Jones is unwise. Many thought that Fedor couldn't be stopped, until...he got stopped!!!

Will rage if Machida picks Hendo apart for 2.5 rounds then Machida survives a H-Bomb at the backend of round 3 and takes a decision.

or on the flip side, we get a Machida vs Rampage fight where Machida doesn't turn it up until the final 2 mins and you wish there was 2 more rounds.

or on the flip side, we get a Machida vs Rampage fight where Machida doesn't turn it up until the final 2 mins and you wish there was 2 more rounds.

That could very well be the case.

This fight is carrying Rousey into her first PPV. Make no mistake, the UFC know this is a main event fight and that's why they are putting it with Rousey.

They should have just given the fans what they really wanted though and made this one a 5 rounder aswell.

Good Lord. Dana should hang his head in shame. Two of the best we've ever had the privilege of seeing, and instead we have Ronda Rousey slapping another armbar on some turd as the main event. Shameful.

Why do you have to act like a little ********* and disrespect a professional fighter like that she might not be the most qualified opponent for Rousey but she's 8-2 with her two losses coming from former champs. *********s like you are the reason why we barely interact with actual fighters around here. Championships fights are always the main event why is this so difficult to grasp?? Why do you guys think this fight is gonna be better as a 5 round fight when Hendo has not shown great cardio in 5 round fights, and he coming of a 14 month layoff with a Knee Injury!!

Last edited:
Why do you have to act like a little ********* and disrespect a professional fighter like that she might not be the most qualified opponent for Rousey but she's 8-2 with her two losses coming from former champs. *********s like you are the reason why we barely interact with actual fighters around here. Championships fights are always the main event why is this so difficult to grasp?? Why do you guys think this fight is gonna be better as a 5 round fight when Hendo has not shown great cardio in 5 round fights, and he coming of a 14 month layoff with a Knee Injury!!

Maybe you should have a look at the record of the two last opponents Carmouche beat to deserve to headline a titlefight on a PPV card, you'll see just how legit Carmouche is as a fighter.

And btw, before your sphincters totally give up, calm down,. breathe, and realise this :

People here arent saying that Machida vs Hendo should HEADLINE OVER Rousey vs Carmouche's titlefight, but more like Rousey vs Carmouche should headline a FREE card like an FX or FOX card while Machida and Hendo could very well HEADLINE a PPV card like 157 and NO ONE would whine about it. Besides, Hendo wants a titlefight, so quit the ''he doesnt have enough cardio to go 5 rounds'' crap, if he wants a belt he will HAVE to take a 5 rounder so better get used to it ASAP.

edit : the ''some turd'' comment was disrespectful though...

Maybe you should have a look at the record of the two last opponents Carmouche beat to deserve to headline a titlefight on a PPV card, you'll see just how legit Carmouche is as a fighter.

And btw, before your sphincters totally give up, calm down,. breathe, and realise this :

People here arent saying that Machida vs Hendo should HEADLINE OVER Rousey vs Carmouche's titlefight, but more like Rousey vs Carmouche should headline a FREE card like an FX or FOX card while Machida and Hendo could very well HEADLINE a PPV card like 157 and NO ONE would whine about it. Besides, Hendo wants a titlefight, so quit the ''he doesnt have enough cardio to go 5 rounds'' crap, if he wants a belt he will HAVE to take a 5 rounder so better get used to it ASAP.

edit : the ''some turd'' comment was disrespectful though...

First off that line about me calming down made me lol good shit. I said she isn't the most qualified opponent But that is no Reason to call her a TURD that's what got me agitated, and you're are taking what i said about Hendo out of context. I said he hasn't shown great cardio in 5 round fights which he hasn't Plus he's coming off a 14 month layoff in which the last 6 month he's had a knee injury which can greatly affect your cardio going into a fight. I would love to see Hendo in a 5 round title fight, but i rather not see in him in a 5 round fight for his next fight

First off that line about me calming down made me lol good shit. I said she isn't the most qualified opponent But that is no Reason to call her a TURD that's what got me agitated, and you're are taking what i said about Hendo out of context. I said he hasn't shown great cardio in 5 round fights which he hasn't Plus he's coming off a 14 month layoff in which the last 6 month he's had a knee injury which can greatly affect your cardio going into a fight. I would love to see Hendo in a 5 round title fight, but i rather not see in him in a 5 round fight for his next fight

Ok, point taken, you are correct that in order to maximize his chances to ever get a titleshot, Hendo is better to have 3 rounders than 5 rounders until the title bout.

Tell you what, I wanted it to be a 5 rounders myself and a headliner because Machida is my fave fighter and I know that fighting Hendo for FIVE rounds would increase his chance not only to win, but to FINISH Hendo, which is what I want. So yeah, Im biased :p

And now to know that not only will it be a 3 rounders but that they co main for Rousey vs Carmouche, it pisses me off greatly. Even Carmouche herself said she was totally hired to LOSE this fight. WMMA is simply not mature enough to headline a PPV card. Them ppv sales will show it. Im just pissed at the fact that Machida vs Hendo are stuck to co main on such a card...it IS a terrible ppv card imo...lol

Ok, point taken, you are correct that in order to maximize his chances to ever get a titleshot, Hendo is better to have 3 rounders than 5 rounders until the title bout.

Tell you what, I wanted it to be a 5 rounders myself and a headliner because Machida is my fave fighter and I know that fighting Hendo for FIVE rounds would increase his chance not only to win, but to FINISH Hendo, which is what I want. So yeah, Im biased :p

And now to know that not only will it be a 3 rounders but that they co main for Rousey vs Carmouche, it pisses me off greatly. Even Carmouche herself said she was totally hired to LOSE this fight. WMMA is simply not mature enough to headline a PPV card. Them ppv sales will show it. Im just pissed at the fact that Machida vs Hendo are stuck to co main on such a card...it IS a terrible ppv card imo

...lol

I disagree that this is a terrible ppv if Rousey vs Carmouche wasn't the main event the only people I can imagine complaining about the ppv card are people who hate lower weight classes and wmma

Exactly, Machida needs to 'work' in this fight all three rounds if he wants that second shot at jones

isn't that crane kick KO the greatest thing ever

Back