Nice promo for Henderson vs Machida

I absolutely agree. When this fight was made I thought it would be a contender for FOTY (in January!)

Unfortunately I think the switch to 3 rounds greatly alters the shape of the contest and it may turn out like Lyoto Rampage (I would have loved to have seen how rounds 4 and 5 panned out in that fight)

Before I had Lyoto as a firm favourite but in 3 rounds Dan has a much better chance.

You are right. I also think Machida giving position for the Armbar may have swayed the Judges decision but in my opinion I still think he won that fight and feel round 4 and 5 would have just cemented that as well.

It seems unfair to the fighters as well as the MMA fans that this will only be a 3 rounder. I'm not mad about the female being the main card but this is one of those fights that one wants to see as a 5 round main event. :-(

Good Lord. Dana should hang his head in shame. Two of the best we've ever had the privilege of seeing, and instead we have Ronda Rousey slapping another armbar on some turd as the main event. Shameful.

This. Lol

Has anyone mentioned that this should be the main event?

Rousey is highly popular but a little early for a main event in the ufc... Machida with Unanimous decision.

imo machida takes that one by speed and better all around skills

Nice promo.

...still HATE that this fight is happening under these circumstances. Hendo got screwed out of a title shot so Dana could foist this Sonnen vs. Jones joke on all of us, and Machida is a terrible matchup for him.

yeah bro, agreed, altho I would like Dan to get the nod, just so he can have his shot at Jones

I think Lyoto will TKO him in the 3rd or UD him. If this were a 5rounder Lyoto would definitely finished him.

I think Lyoto will TKO him in the 3rd or UD him. If this were a 5rounder Lyoto would definitely finished him.

4real, is a real shame we wont see these guys for 5 rounds, but Machida imo gets the nod

no worries that it s not 5 rounder as it ll be KO at 1st or 2nd anyway

As a Hendo fan, I'm glad this is a 3 round fight

no worries that it s not 5 rounder as it ll be KO at 1st or 2nd anyway

if so you gotta give it to Hendo, imo his chin is much more solid...just depends if Dan can close the distance without getting 'Coutured'

This fight should so be the main event

No kidding this fight should be the main event. Absolute disgrace that they put some chick fight first. What a joke. They pretty much pissed on Hendo and Matchida. Those guys are legends in this sport.

No kidding this fight should be the main event. Absolute disgrace that they put some chick fight first. What a joke. They pretty much pissed on Hendo and Matchida. Those guys are legends in this sport.

I hear u bro, last I heard ticket sales for this event so far are abysmal...

I don't even mind it that much that a WMMA fight is the ME. The problem is that everybody knows it's going to be a 40 second armbar by Rousey, while there's an actual chance that Machida Hendo goes the distance. I don't think Machida is quite the warhorse Shogun was against Hendo, but it's still possible that Rousey main eventing robs us of the championship rounds.

I don't even mind it that much that a WMMA fight is the ME. The problem is that everybody knows it's going to be a 40 second armbar by Rousey, while there's an actual chance that Machida Hendo goes the distance. I don't think Machida is quite the warhorse Shogun was against Hendo, but it's still possible that Rousey main eventing robs us of the championship rounds.

Exactly.

I really don't see Hendo winning this fight unless Machida makes a really stupid mistake. That said, I can't wait for this fight. Only wish it were 5 rounds.

Back