Nice interview with Rumolo Barral

I should really thank slideyfoot, he did the interview. Hopefully I will post the other 3 parts to it when they go online.

An interview by slideyfoot. Im not sure what his real name is.

slideyfoot.com | bjj resources: Interview - Romulo Barral on Teaching

Heh - my real name is Can, which strangely is pronounced like the 'jun' in 'junction' rather than the 'can' in 'tin can'. Turkish, so 'c's and 'a's are a little different to English.

Still, a lot of people seem to have trouble with it. I even have a number of people who call me 'slidey' in the real world, which amuses me. :wink:

All parts of that interview are now up, if people are interested.

Heh - my real name is Can, which strangely is pronounced like the 'jun' in 'junction' rather than the 'can' in 'tin can'. Turkish, so 'c's and 'a's are a little different to English.

Still, a lot of people seem to have trouble with it. I even have a number of people who call me 'slidey' in the real world, which amuses me. :wink:

All parts of that interview are now up, if people are interested.

Strange you don't pronounce it "chan". I know two guys Can Okar and Can Talaz and both their names are pronounced "Chan" as in Jackie Chan

Thanks for posting the interwiev BTW

Strange you don't pronounce it "chan". I know two guys Can Okar and Can Talaz and both their names are pronounced "Chan" as in Jackie Chan

Interesting. The 'c' in Turkish is generally a bit like a 'j'. To change the 'c' into a 'ch' sound, that's a different letter, '

Sweet interview slidey, got some good information out of Romulo.

Back