Nice detailed example of why Jones can never be the GOAT

I'm glad the doofus who runs that page took time out of his busy schedule analysing whether Ryan Reynolds used steroids for Blade 3 to tell us all something we already know about Jon.

11 title defences, undefeated aside from a weird DQ in his first year of fighting.

Like it or not, Jon is the best to ever do it.
He should've been DQ or losing tons of points for eye poking half of his opponents, so you shouldn't complain about that 1 DQ.

Neither Jones nor GSP is GOAT. Khabib is the one true GOAT.

There is no GOAT. It is a title that doesn't exist. There is only good resume, some different/better than others.

11 title defences, undefeated aside from a weird DQ in his first year of fighting.

It's funny how they always mention the ped's even though GSP wasn't around when USADA rolled through and was always super suspect. If we go by most defenses and not popping for roids then DJ is the GOAT, he's not white enough though so GSP has to be the GOAT.

Along with 3 contentious decisions with gus 1, reyes and santos, the sonnen and smith fights could have legitimately been taken off him too, and then we'd have gotten to hear that he only had 6 freakish losses

It's cool if you believe getting caught using PED's disqualifies you from being GOAT. That's, like, your opinion.

Personally, I don't care. I look at the actual fights and I've long since chosen to not give a fuck about PED's. That's, like, my opinion.

Luckily "GOAT" is possibly the most subjective thing in sports, so my opinion counts as much as yours. Which is why Jones is in contention for GOAT alongside GSP and Anderson and Fedor. No one else really qualifies. Khabib is close, but no cigar.

Jon has one loss, and a few fights where he was on the winning end of questionable decisions. In the first Gus fight even though I thought he eeked out the victory, he took a beating. Khabib never lost and never had a scratch on him in all his fights. He barely lost a round. Jones is an all-time great but Khabib is the GOAT.

Back