Nice Breakdown Of How Much A YouTuber Makes A Year Based On 400,000 Subs.

For a while there I was considering putting in some serious time/effort to try to make a little bit of revenue from YT. Spruced up my channel and all that. My most-watched video has around 1700 some views (for some World of Warcraft play).

But, idk. I have a stable fulltime job and I just don't have the energy to devote to side stuff on a regular basis. I'd have to really cut out some distractions. Which actually ... fairly recently I did start a social media, uh, pause I guess. Deactivated my Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, etc. Not specifically for this reason, but yeah - it was supposed to help free time / mental energy. It hasn't yet. Not noticeably, at least. But maybe once I can learn to manage my time better (amongst other stuff) I can get some of that internet money.

Interesting breakdown, I wouldn't mind seeing it for Instagram followers as well.

According to this guy Dan Bilzerian was full of shit on the JRE.

He was saying people with 1 million followers who were posting tits and ass pics where making $200,000 a year.

Surely you get more cash per follower on YouTube.

Here's a video of Linus Tech Tips explaining how they make money. He doesn't get into dollar amounts, but he breaks down where there income comes from

Does anyone remember the Mayberry thread about the 2 small girls who make like half a million a month for cooking videos?

$5k a month, that's it for 400k subscribers

It doesn't seem like much money at all

Does anyone remember the Mayberry thread about the 2 small girls who make like half a million a month for cooking videos?

Jesus, I bet the parents are loving that.

Im sure Pewdiepie makes insane amounts of money for basically talking shit while playing games. I like his channel though.

Actually most top earners on YT would be doing mundane unimportant stuff. Jenna Marbles is a top youtuber, what does she actually do.

The YouTube gamers on Fifa call of duty have lambos

I remember seeing somwhere that AngryJoe rakes in around 100k a year, and he has around 2+ mil subs (near 3 now)

Nice thread. Interesting read/watch. 8/10

#GUERNICAbless

Can't wait for the internet money to stop coming in so these people need to develop real skills. Although honestly I'm just bitter I'm not making 50k+ a year from home

I think it goes by views.
True and he talks about that part but Subs mean more to your clicks and rank. He kinda means that the subs mean likely more activity then just a big viral level views. Having subscribers draw in more regular traffic then just putting out a few viral level VLogs.

Someone clear this up for me.

CPM = what they get paid per 1000 views.
Example:
They get $1 for 1000 views.
Video gets 100,000 views so they get $100. If the views on this particular video doesn't increase AT ALL, do the youtuber get $100 per month for every single months onwards or is it strictly new views that generate the incomes?

I think what is most maddening to me about these YouTubers is that the majority of the top people make absolutely shit content. They have lame or juvenile personalities but that's what gets them views, appealing to 12 year olds.

I think what is most maddening to me about these YouTubers is that the majority of the top people make absolutely shit content. They have lame or juvenile personalities but that's what gets them views, appealing to 12 year olds.
You gotta play to your audience. The YTers who appeal to children and teens are usually going to get a lot more subscribers than YTers who appeal to mostly adults.

Back