Nice Breakdown Of How Much A YouTuber Makes A Year Based On 400,000 Subs.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

EEVBlog breakdown of how much he makes every month and was given the blessing from Youtube. 5,055.00 per month varies down to 3,500 based on his views per thousand views and paid ads. He also gets around 3,000 a month from patrion. 1.68 CPM revenue per thousand views.

Last edited:
So basically the top 1% of YT are making middle class income.

That's not bad $ if you are just making top 10 gomojo voids or like the guy from unbox therapy who gets tech companies to send him shot to review. If you have to actually put your creative ideas out there, meh too much time spent for that $. Interesting though, thanks for sharing.

So basically the top 1% of YT are making middle class income.
The top 1% are making way more than middle class. VSauce alone makes around 1.2 million a year and Michael the creator of the channel isn't even in the top 25.

That's not bad $ if you are just making top 10 gomojo voids or like the guy from unbox therapy who gets tech companies to send him shot to review. If you have to actually put your creative ideas out there, meh too much time spent for that $. Interesting though, thanks for sharing.
In the video he talks about paid reviews and how he does not do them. He said it hurts him in terms of how much money he could make and patrion helps to remove that sting. He said a paid review like the ones that "unbox therapy" do could make him up to 5,000 dollars per video that's some serious income. He said as it is he admits that he gets free equipment to review some of them are very expensive but he gives it a good assessment. He feels it's a lot different then taking money and equipment for the review. He also makes money selling tons of tees and small test equipment puts him over 100,000 dollars a year including patrion dollars.

EDIT: Interesting fact there is not much different with the CPM for 400,000 subs VS someone with millions of subs it helps for other aspects.

Last edited:
That's cool to have a ballpark figure.

What's annoying is that a lot of YTers who are making a decent clip for sitting at home, editing all day are whiny fucks. Anytime a YTer talks about how hard they work, I'm tempted to shitlist them. You edit video. It's tedious, not hard. Stop bitching and enjoy the fact that you live in a technological age that allows you to make a living making home videos.

I like that people have new ways to make a living. Just stop acting like what you do is hard.

What's annoying is that a lot of YTers who are making a decent clip for sitting at home, editing all day are whiny fucks. Anytime a YTer talks about how hard they work, I'm tempted to shitlist them. You edit video. It's tedious, not hard. Stop bitching and enjoy the fact that you live in a technological age that allows you to make a living making home videos.

I like that people have new ways to make a living. Just stop acting like what you do is hard.
More or less this.

Pretty neat. I always figured that the average YouTuber that had that level of subscribers was making somewhere from $70k-$110k per year.

I can agree about a lot of people who have video game review Vlogs because they just sit there and post a video of them playing a game. Others have much more complicated Vlogs that requires hours of prep time and planning. EEVlog he puts in at least 4 or 5 hours a day just posting and answering questions on his forum before he goes and creates new content on his Vlog. He also spends time on running his business where he sells electronic equipment.

But the guys like Boogie2988 jump around and just sits in front of his screen BSing about videogames. He has 4 million viewers for his vids with little or any raw work. I watch his stuff an most times cannot stand him same feelings I have for PewDiePie I feel like I will get eye cancer watching PewDiePie garbage. No idea how the guy got 50,000,000 subs. There is of course to me the standouts like The Hacksmith who puts in a lot of work building an experimenting his make it real contraptions. He also has entertainment value. Casey Nestat who recently decided to focus on higher grade content they plowing videos out everyday. There are plenty of others but they all have different levels of entertainment.

EDIT: On a side note Casey Neistat sold his Beme software company and basically himself to put most of his efforts into CNN for 24 million dollars. CNN basically hiring him and his production team and close down most of beme instead focus on user created content app. that his team is now working on for something that CNN is preparing.

Last edited:

Don't most people think what they do is hard? Don't most people think working at all is hard?

I mean, I think I know the difference between what most people think and what's true. My current job is a joke, I could do it in my sleep. I've worked HARD jobs, 30 hour shifts, super rush deadlines on backbreaking work, hauling kilometers of iron rods up a flight of stairs. But I think that a lot of people have no idea what actual hard work is.

Don't most people think what they do is hard? Don't most people think working at all is hard?

I mean, I think I know the difference between what most people think and what's true. My current job is a joke, I could do it in my sleep. I've worked HARD jobs, 30 hour shifts, super rush deadlines on backbreaking work, hauling kilometers of iron rods up a flight of stairs. But I think that a lot of people have no idea what actual hard work is.
I used to grind online poker back before corrupt politics snuffed it out. Playing like 500+ hands per hour (multiple tables) and dealing with a lot of bad beats and seeing your bankroll fluctuate.

It was tedious work and you often want to throw the laptop through the window, but never did I think it was difficult (probably better word to use than "hard"). One of the main reasons people wanted to grind poker was the freedom it allowed. You got up whenever you wanted, you can play in your boxers and you can take breaks whenever you want. You set your own schedule.

YTers have the same luxury and it's always some whiny guy ranting about all the hard work he does and he's not getting his due sometimes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they act entitled. A lot of them think just because they put time into a video, they deserve a certain amount of money.

I mean, there's a lot of people in America that have no idea what actual hard work is, but most of the world knows hard work that would kill you in a couple of weeks.

I used to grind online poker back before corrupt politics snuffed it out.

I used to manage the Risk department for FirePay before corrupt politics evaporated the industry.

It was tedious work and you often want to throw the laptop through the window, but never did I think it was difficult (probably better word to use than "hard"). One of the main reasons people wanted to grind poker was the freedom it allowed. You got up whenever you wanted, you can play in your boxers and you can take breaks whenever you want. You set your own schedule.

I was in the office twelve hours a day, but available twenty, because if a whale's account was disabled, there were only two of us in the company empowered to turn it back on, and the other guy was a VP, so he wasn't getting that call at two in the morning. Nobody was supposed to call me between midnight and four AM, but they always did, because if a whale went down, he was being brought back online as quickly as possible.

It was a hard job. I never slept.

YTers have the same luxury and it's always some whiny guy ranting about all the hard work he does and he's not getting his due sometimes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they act entitled. A lot of them think just because they put time into a video, they deserve a certain amount of money.

I still think more people feel entitled than not, and most are wrong.

I mean, there's a lot of people in America that have no idea what actual hard work is, but most of the world knows hard work that would kill you in a couple of weeks.

Very true, that.

First world "hard jobs" are mostly a joke if we're comparing to the entire world.

I still think more people feel entitled than not, and most are wrong.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. It's just that this topic is focusing specifically on YouTubers.

Then again this topic was focusing on the positive aspect of YouTubers. I dunno why I came in, guns blazing, bashing them. I've been watching Bill Burr for the last hour.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. It's just that this topic is focusing specifically on YouTubers.

Then again this topic was focusing on the positive aspect of YouTubers. I dunno why I came in, guns blazing, bashing them. I've been watching Bill Burr for the last hour.

Well, fuck those guys.

You guys are underestimating the extra revenue streams these guys have. Sponsorship revenue and also the extra live stream revenue, they also sell merchandise and get a lot of free tech shit that saves them on expenses.

Back