Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmm declines to fight Shevchenko because she never fought in the division, she gets a win and the fight is booked then she pulls out right before the fight. She was gifted the belt through a tournament of fighter with barely winning records and she hasn't defended in a year. Hell, she didnt even beat someone who made it to the finals to begin with. Her and Yair are kicking it in their bunker.

Strip Nicco.

Have Valentina fight anyone who can make weight right now. JJ is ready.

So sick of this crap. EVERY title fight should always have a backup option at this point.

You can't even get excited for cards anymore. You make all of the way until Friday/Saturday and think the card is safe and it always falls apart now. I was really looking forward to seeing Valentina destroy Nico and take the title. She waited all year for Nico and now nothing.

Just because she made weight doesn’t guarantee she gets paid, but I’m sure UFC will reimburse. It’s sad man, it’s always a main card fight or headliner that ends up falling off. Does the pressure of spotlight get to some of these guys? I mean realistically how often does an undercard fight fall out this close to fight night but yet we see it practically every ppv now of someone on the main card!!

Good luck to Nicco in the future but it’s time to move on now. First time defense is a botch. They can’t find a replacement for Valentina?? UFC has been giving her a bit more press anyway.
Making weight guarantees you your show purse per the UFC bout agreements.

Just because she made weight doesn’t guarantee she gets paid, but I’m sure UFC will reimburse. It’s sad man, it’s always a main card fight or headliner that ends up falling off. Does the pressure of spotlight get to some of these guys? I mean realistically how often does an undercard fight fall out this close to fight night but yet we see it practically every ppv now of someone on the main card!!

Good luck to Nicco in the future but it’s time to move on now. First time defense is a botch. They can’t find a replacement for Valentina?? UFC has been giving her a bit more press anyway.

Prelim level fighters will fight injured, sick, etc in order to make a name. Ppv fighters have more to risk.

Give her an absolute can on short notice so the hype can continue like they did with Zabit, simple!

That's what the UFC gets for making up new titles off of TUF.

Well, that sucks thousands of dicks.

i wish there was a dislike button for posts like this.

1st its basically calling Nicco a coward who looked for a way out of the fight. clearly fighter bashing
2nd its clearly from an alt account cause you truly are a coward.

Weight cutting is worse for woman sometimes stress causes funny changes to there cycles and tryin to cut weight when the body doesnt want to gets very dangerous. and she was taken to the hospital show some empathy and compassion what these fighters are willing to go thru and wish her well instead being a prick.

I agree
People behind a keyboard calling out fighters as cowards/ducks is absurd

View attachment 432829

Do you have a better idea, smarty?
They making weight on zero hours notice?
Unlikely
It's just publicity
Also why the hell should Valenitna take a fight on zero notice cause her opponent fucked up

I agree
People behind a keyboard calling out fighters as cowards/ducks is absurd
People used to get banned for saying such stuff but in the last few years this place has turned into a cesspool with all types of derogatory comments towards fighters. It's why I don't come here as much anymore

I am all for Reebok (or rebook, whatever)

#1 Nicco is far from the longest inactive champ in UFC history
#2 Stripping her deals serious blow to overall legitimacy of flyweight title.

Let her rest and heal and Reebok the fight

I am all for Reebok (or rebook, whatever)

#1 Nicco is far from the longest inactive champ in UFC history
#2 Stripping her deals serious blow to overall legitimacy of flyweight title.

Let her rest and heal and Reebok the fight

What legitimacy lol? Nicco does not even win the belt from the best female flyweight fighter at the time.

Remember when she was supposed to fight a 2-2 fighter for the belt? The whole TUF tournament was a joke, created entirely in a desperate attempt by Uncle Dana to save the TUF brand.

Nicco PROMISED to not be scared, is the thing...

she always sounded gruff during interviews, borderline surly, to the point where I started wondering if she just had a chip on her shoulder or was just letting her fear and doubts manifest as outward anger

she was very curt with Jimmy and Matt

Last edited:
Damn. Val called It.

Last edited:
Please, tell us more about how you are a legitimate champion for winning an amateur contest, how you draw from your heritage, but also how the UFC should NEVER market you for that same heritage. Why not just go all the way and make Elizabeth Warren the 125LB champion?

She ducked Valentina for a year and then pulled out last night. Strip her.

Give Karolina or Andrade and offer to step up and fight Valentina. Every title fight should always have an alternate ready to go on the same card.

did i not make this thread already sir?

Back