Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
as someone pointed out earlier... .for TUF she fought 2 or 3 times and had to be more or less ready at all times and she COULD do that, and now even with months of preparation she cannot make it into the cage. Draw your own conclusions. I think she knew she was getting smashed, so took the Best Exit Strategy available.
Eubanks also done 3 weight cuts during TUF, was hospitalized before title fight. So what is your conclusion?

Book JJ vs Schevchenko at UFC 230.

as someone pointed out earlier... .for TUF she fought 2 or 3 times and had to be more or less ready at all times and she COULD do that, and now even with months of preparation she cannot make it into the cage. Draw your own conclusions. I think she knew she was getting smashed, so took the Best Exit Strategy available.

i wish there was a dislike button for posts like this.

1st its basically calling Nicco a coward who looked for a way out of the fight. clearly fighter bashing
2nd its clearly from an alt account cause you truly are a coward.

Weight cutting is worse for woman sometimes stress causes funny changes to there cycles and tryin to cut weight when the body doesnt want to gets very dangerous. and she was taken to the hospital show some empathy and compassion what these fighters are willing to go thru and wish her well instead being a prick.

all that preparation, training, starving, weight-cut, every day and..... she doesn't get to fight. That's gotta be THE most frustrating thing in the World for a fighter as i'm sure she was convinced she would be FlyWeight Champ tomorrow and now....she won't be....PLUS all her months of work is totally wasted.
I do feel bad for her. She did her part and her opponent failed to step into the cage. Plus i just wanted to see her fight anyway.

I wonder what the UFC will do about this. It's just high time for something to change.

Any word on WTF her deal is? Did Nicco slip and fall in the tub cutting weight? Her fighting "spirit" that she mentioned 17 times isnt feeling good about getting smeshed.

1st its basically calling Nicco a coward who looked for a way out of the fight. clearly fighter bashing

Weight cutting is worse for woman sometimes stress causes funny changes to there cycles and tryin to cut weight when the body doesnt want to gets very dangerous. and she was taken to the hospital show some empathy and compassion what these fighters are willing to go thru and wish her well instead being a prick.
It's nobody's fault but her own.

I actually started to become the tiniest bit excited for this fight. Getting sick of every damn ppv having a fight fall off. I hope Nicco is ok, she seems like a nice lady, but if she has pulled out due to a weight cut issue or she is simply ducking, then it is very, very sad for the sport to have "champions" like that.

Sorry you didnt like my opinion. I am entitled to it, and you are entitled to yours.
And no i have ONE account here, one ever, that's it. So you are factually WRONG pal on that. I've been lurking since 2010 in Sherdog and recently signed up, but i've been around for 8years reading this board.

Nicco was clearly not looking forward to this fight. This is also not the first time that a fighter has done this to Val.
How about showing some empathy to Val, who like the millions of professionals who show up to do their jobs everyday, did their part, only to be shafted by someone else's problems?

Got scared...clearly. Strip the title.

Back