Nicco Montano is one of the worst champions in combat sports history.

1-1 with 9 canceled bouts... not bad!

Tbh I saw it coming. I’ve been seeing her in Instagram pics at syndicate for awhile now and she’s been looking ginormous compared to the other girls. That weigh in clip of her just screamed “please release me”. She looked like a 12 year old being asked to do a chore. She’s done unless she changes things up and takes responsibility for her actions.

Justice for @lsa remove dem yellows!

On another note, Conor was the worst champ, and I say that as a bias hater.

Reactions: lsa
Honest question, since she won TUF and has that TUF contract, is the UFC on the hook for a minimum number of fights for her?

Steve Jennum, the UFC 3 champion.
CM Punk - WWE champion

Those guys would absolutely kill her. She and that Esparza we’re absolutely horrible.

you really think that girl is better at fighting than the two you listed?

He was also just an alternate who was literally only there just in case someone else couldn't fight. Not his fault Shamrock somehow got injured (after winning and showing no signs of being hurt) and he was suddenly thrust into the tournament final. At least he did win.

shanrock chose not to fight as he wanted to fight Royce who pulled out against Howard right before the fight started b

how. 1 round he was good for. lots of hws are dangerous in round one

Lol hindsight is 20/20. I'm by no means a Brock fan, I celebrated his defeat against Cain and wanted Carwin to knock him out.

With that said Carwin was undefeated going in to that fight and blasting everyone in round 1, his cardio was not as bad as it seemed. Your hate clouds your judgement or youre just dumb. Carwin went the distance with a prime JDS and even weathered the storm after nearly getting finished in round 1.

Carwin was extremely legit and was basically the Ngannou of that time.

View attachment 871055
Being honest in MMA or Boxing I for the life of me cannot think of a weaker champion. If anyone can find someone worse than her please don’t hesitate to share.

Not even worth acknowledging her as a champion, ever.

She fought a bunch of other irrelevant no-namers on a reality show in which she was granted the belt for winning, and she thought that was enough credibility to pick and choose her opponents, so she was stripped, and she's continually lost ever since.

Practically the same situation as Germaine de Randamie, she cheated against Holly Holm, hitting her twice after the bell, and the incompetent ref never took points away? And she was given the belt? And refused to fight Cyborg?

Thank god Dana stripped them both. I only wish he had the balls to do the same for Nunes the first time the rematch against Valentina was scheduled, and she pulled out although there was nothing medically wrong so the main event of a PPV was cancelled.

Three of the probabe Top #5 worst UFC champions ever have all been women. Its not sexist to point that out because its accurate.

Missing weight by more than 2 lbs means you either have a medical issue, you're not taking this seriously or you're in the wrong weight class.

She needs to fix her weight or move up in weight class. I understand the COVID cancellations but you sholdn't take short notice fights if you cant make weight.

There is no justice... I will be on yellow forever.
Just ask @Slobodan
giphy.gif

I'll never tire of the butthurt, catty Valentina fans and their really weird and personal hatred of Nicco.

You are being defensive. Is it really a weird and personal hatred? I think the criticism is mostly on point.

Montana has pulled out of nine different scheduled bouts in the UFC alone, and has only fought twice in the UFC. She shows up to scheduled bouts less than 20% of the time. That's shocking.
Montana came in eight pounds overweight for a fight and then issued an inspirational press release about how people need to learn from her how to handle adversity. That's shocking.

The things she is being criticized for ruined her career. Had she never been champ, no one would remember her name or have much to say. But what's really weird is how a so-called champion can be so thoroughly unprofessional and so mentally weak.

Remember when she claimed Val was afraid of her?
And also thought Val did not deserve to fight her and should fight a few contenders first.

Nicco is a special kind of person on several levels...

Can you blame someone not wanting to fight Val?

I'm a pretty forgiving dude but man if I don't feel for her opponents... Specially knowing the UFC doesn't pay much if any of the Show Monies...

I was a fan of hers on TUF and I acknowledge some of her unfortunate luck (or whatever you wish to call it)... That said I can't see much if any support flowing her way. I wish her well in pursuits and if she is still in the MMA Game somewhere I'm sure I'll watch... That said it's a pretty big series of disappointments and some drivel...

Not much leaves a sour taste in muh MMA wise but this is one...

Back