Nicco Montaño vs Valentina Shevchenko

I think this fight will be more competitive that most people think.

I expect Shevchenko to win but I believe Montano is a worthy opponent.

I don’t know man. Valentina moves and hits like a fighter. Nicco is still..idk. It doesn’t look as natural or as fluid. She’s not the biggest can or anything like that, she has multiple finishes on her record and seems like a nice girl. She decided to stick it out at a smaller camp in NM as opposed to going to Jackson-Wink. So I’m sure they can do more stuff to focus on her specifically. But, with that said, Valentina is one of the most skilled WMMA (mma?) fighters period. She has an insane # of fights on her record (mainly striking) but she has a solid ground game too. Really tough fight for Nicco.

Does that mean Nicco will get blown out? Idk, but if she does, I wouldn’t be shocked. If she doesn’t, I also wouldn’t be shocked.

Only thing that would shock me is her outstriking Valentina en route to a clear cut 5 round decision win.

There was a time when TJ Dillashaw had absolute zero chance of beating Barao, so...

I have my tickets and cant wait to find out

War Nicco

Backing Val without question - I do not see Nico as being a sacrifice.

I don't know, I just feel like Nicco won the belt in a weak division. I mean Roxy was the #1 pick in the TUF tournament. I'm a Roxy fan and she has improved lots in the past few years, but come on. Nicco had a tough time with Roxy and Valentina just seems to be on a whole different level.

Valentina has competed with the likes of Holly and Nunes and beat/arguably beat both of them. I think Valentina steam rolls Nicco tbh. Something similar to Joanna steam rolling Carla.

Feel free to quote me if I'm wrong and Nicco wins or puts up a good fight, I'll gladly eat my crow.

I don't know, I just feel like Nicco won the belt in a weak division. I mean Roxy was the #1 pick in the TUF tournament. I'm a Roxy fan and she has improved lots in the past few years, but come on. Nicco had a tough time with Roxy and Valentina just seems to be on a whole different level.

Valentina has competed with the likes of Holly and Nunes and beat/arguably beat both of them. I think Valentina steam rolls Nicco tbh. Something similar to Joanna steam rolling Carla.

Feel free to quote me if I'm wrong and Nicco wins or puts up a good fight, I'll gladly eat my crow.
Hear, hear. Nobody is stopping Nicco from wiping the floor with Val, HOWEVER we have seen some great wins from Valentina. And Nicco has so far one official MMA bout in the UFC. Valentina just looks a little bit better in all MMA departments. If Nicco wins, good for her. But that NRA-chick means business lol

Montano is a full blooded Navajo warrior- it doesnt get any more American than that. She is fighting a Soviet who is bigger, stronger and more experienced than her. If you don't root for Montano, you are an UNAMERICAN traitor.

50%. And Shevchenko walks around a bit lighter than Nicco.

But do not let facts get in the way of your rant.

Shevchenko by UD. Val will be careful, because she is always careful. Mistakes have cost her in the past. Her game will remain focused on distance and timing, and if it goes to the ground she will not want to risk losing position. She grew up fighting women bigger and stronger than her, and by now that is just how she fights. Even against someone who should not have been in the cage with her, she was careful and cautious. She is not going to go balls-out against Nicco.

Nicco is less skilled and has less experience. But she is strong, has cardio from hell, and, above all, is just plain tough. While I like her I do not expect her to win. I do expect her to make a scrap out of it because she has a lot of qualities that people are ignoring. Or they are idiots and just look at her pro record and assume that it tells them everything they need to know.

She still lost twice to the champ and scuttled down to fight in a lower weight, cowards move.

I love e-warriors calling pro fighters cowards. She was fighting women 20 - or more - pounds larger than her. There are straw weights who walk around at a heavier weight than she does. For her first UFC fight against Kaufman, she weighed in at 133 after being on vacation and eating out the night before weigh-ins.

But fighting people you own size makes you a coward. Got it.

Fucking christ you people are bitch-ass little shit-stains.

I love e-warriors calling pro fighters cowards. She was fighting women 20 - or more - pounds larger than her. There are straw weights who walk around at a heavier weight than she does. For her first UFC fight against Kaufman, she weighed in at 133 after being on vacation and eating out the night before weigh-ins.

But fighting people you own size makes you a coward. Got it.

Fucking christ you people are bitch-ass little shit-stains.

Lol you’re so mad, defunding some woman online must make you feel so big and manly.

Is this really Apollo Creed vs Ivan Drago or like Rose against Joanna... can Nicco win this fight?

It seems like a foregone conclusion that Valentina is the new FW champion, but time and time again we have all seen the expected become the unexpected.

I didnt watch TUF, but I heard Nicco went from the last pick on the TUF show to beating all the top contenders on the show even Roxanne who was the #1 pick (I dont feel is that great)

Im considering putting $150 on Nicco Montano just for the hell of it.

Nicco BARELY beat Roxanne GoofyTits Modafferi. Valentina is going to SLAUGHTER her. Valentina at -1000 is a horrible bet but still better than betting on Nicco.

Ok brotha, I really don't care about wmma but I will root for the pretty blonde over the navajo warrior. I think Valentina is more marketable btw Montano she's kind of just there, but the UFC probably wants another girl to have the belt.

lol nicco is way better looking than valentina, mainly because valentina looks like a dude

George-Corpsegrinder-Fisher-NECK.jpg

She still lost twice to the champ and scuttled down to fight in a lower weight, cowards move.
I'm aware of the 2 losses to Nunes. I was asking when this other alleged title fight happened.

I'm aware of the 2 losses to Nunes. I was asking when this other alleged title fight happened.

I’m assuming you can read? So if you go back and read what I said, she lost twice to the champ, not lost 2 title fights. Take your white knight suit off and maybe you can read better.

Back