NI|/| Tension

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Made the pilgrimage to Cleveland to see nine inch nails.

Worth the drive and every penny.

The opening band, Explosions in the Sky, was a spiritual experience.

Fucking amazing.

If he played any of his new stuff, I would argue it wasn't worth it.

How's the new album?

I'm going to see em in Nov. I hope it's older stuff. I don't even know anything after with teeth but I used to be a huge fan.

If you singularly think TDS is Nins only worthy album, then it's unlikely you'll like hesitation marks.

If you think it's great that nin progress their style, then it's likely youll think HM is great.

I can't get enough of it, it's like a mixture of all previous records, almost deliberately, and it sounds great.

Just check out the YouTube stream, and one of the live festival (Fuji) footage streams.

Last edited:
Want to hear something fucked up?

This dude started talking on his cellphone during hurt. I was so happy that it didn't make me mad, but for about 20s it started rapidly pulling me towards losing my shit.

Fortunately, his wife lost it and ripped it out of his hand, then went back to her worship.

Also, my wife never listened to nin until the car ride up, and all I played were Left and With Teeth.

During the concert, she made a game of guessing if a song was older than Left based on how much either she or the crowd liked it.

Been my favorite band forever, now pretty much my whole family is going to the Nov show in Seattle.

Only AFI and Daft Punk have been shows that are on the same level of amazing. Words cannot express how happy I am that he decided to tour again. Thank you Based God.

Also, my wife never listened to nin until the car ride up, and all I played were Left and With Teeth.

During the concert, she made a game of guessing if a song was older than Left based on how much either she or the crowd liked it.

my fiance never heard NIN until the car ride up to the show either lol. She actually really enjoyed the concert though. :cool:
Highly recommend going to this tour.

I was just going through some old shit and found some old signed NIN stuff. I know I have more somewhere (probably at my parents house). good memories

20131113_023401_LLS_zpsc07e1775.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh really wish I could have caught this tour. But car is not fit to risk taking out of town and I can't justify the cost right now even if I could reliably get there/back.

Oh well. Glad to hear you enjoyed. I'll have to check out band that opened.

Ugh really wish I could have caught this tour. But car is not fit to risk taking out of town and I can't justify the cost right now even if I could reliably get there/back.

Oh well. Glad to hear you enjoyed. I'll have to check out band that opened.

Is it too late? Go. Just find a way and go. You won't regret it.

TS did they play The Becoming, or Please ?

Going to see them, and them not playing at least The Becoming, would kill me. I listened to those two songs about a billion times while quitting heroin, and they mean the world to me. It'd really suck

Plus this live version of The Becoming is fucking ridiculous. Can't even listen to the original anymore

edit: ohh and yeah, Explosions In The Sky cannot be fucked with

TS did they play The Becoming, or Please ?

Going to see them, and them not playing at least The Becoming, would kill me. I listened to those two songs about a billion times while quitting heroin, and they mean the world to me. It'd really suck

Plus this live version of The Becoming is fucking ridiculous. Can't even listen to the original anymore

edit: ohh and yeah, Explosions In The Sky cannot be fucked with

Not ts but I recently attended. Unfortunately they didn't play the becoming when I went in san antonio. you can see if they played it on previous sets on this link . I really wanted to see reptile but no luck.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html

If he played any of his new stuff, I would argue it wasn't worth it.

As a huge NIN fan, I agree. He played a lot of new stuff when we went but the stage effects made it cool and even seeing (it was prolly 50/50 old to new) just a few old songs is worth it though.

Still need to see them live, they're announcing a UK/Europe tour with Cold Cave supporting. Will have to see what the nearest date is.

Personally I liked The Fragile. New stuff is good too. You can't expect a band to repeatedly make the same album.

Back