NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooznetsoff needs to fuck off.

That "tripping" call against Vasilevsky is the worst call I think I've ever seen in the playoffs. That ref should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate he is.

Lol @ Canpa for letting them score with less than 10 seconds left in the period.

That "tripping" call against Vasilevsky is the worst call I think I've ever seen in the playoffs. That ref should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate he is.

Lol @ Canpa for letting them score with less than 10 seconds left in the period.
That one against Vasi was so clear a blind man could see it

suffice it to say, some of the calls have been either just silly or downright criminal

Lars Eller being used effectively on a good team. Happy for the kid.

Last edited:
I think at this point Canpa can eat shit and live.

They're done.

suffice it to say, some of the calls have been either just silly or downright criminal
They've been fucking incompetent. I understand that as a Bruins fan, nobody wants to hear me bitch, but my team got hosed. The Lightning were certainly the better team, but damn, let it play out evenly

But it hasn't stopped there. The Knights got raped by the refs last night, and that one high stick call that lead to a Bolts goal was a fucking joke that could've been seen on replay

The system doesn't work

Don't see you bitching much about that phantom high stick that led to a Tampa goal...which was a far worse penalty call.

Don't see you bitching much about that phantom high stick that led to a Tampa goal...which was a far worse penalty call.

Didn't see that one, when I started watching it was already 2-2. Does sound like the refs were making trash calls against both teams.

That's fucking horseshit

What? Not reviewing penalties?

Just stop for a second, and think about how out of hand that would get.

Every little slash? Review.
Roughing? Review.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Review.

Just think about it. The game would be stopped every two seconds, for what the coaches believe what is and what isn't a penalty. I mean, okay, the rare occurrence like last night's "high sticking" call sucks, but to actually implement a coaches challenge for penalties is absolutely insane.

What? Not reviewing penalties?

Just stop for a second, and think about how out of hand that would get.

Every little slash? Review.
Roughing? Review.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Review.

Just think about it. The game would be stopped every two seconds, for what the coaches believe what is and what isn't a penalty. I mean, okay, the rare occurrence like last night's "high sticking" call sucks, but to actually implement a coaches challenge for penalties is absolutely insane.
High Stick penalty is called

Coach uses his one (?) review

They look at it for 2 minutes, see if the guy actually got hit in the face

It could be a functional system. Use it with clearly defined acts, like high sticks, slashes, trips. You don't even need to delve into the things that weren't called, just the penalties that were

High Stick penalty is called

Coach uses his one (?) review

They look at it for 2 minutes, see if the guy actually got hit in the face

It could be a functional system. Use it with clearly defined acts, like high sticks, slashes, trips. You don't even need to delve into the things that weren't called, just the penalties that were

But it's up to interpretation. If you give the coaches the power to challenge those calls, they'll be challenging them all the time, and they're going to have to reverse a few, and then you're going to wind up with the ridiculous "goalie interference" bullshit that has only managed to confuse everyone.

What happened with that high stick call is rare as fuck. I think a simple common sense approach by the refs, and checking it out on scoreboard, and correcting themselves appropriately would be enough. Which I actually have seen happen on similar plays. I have seen the refs correct themselves after a bad call that gets cleared up on the replays. I don't know why they didn't last night, but shit happens. It's not such huge problem in the NHL, that they need to implement a game changing rule to fix it.

Lol at 6-2. Tampa was winning last I saw

Washington on a goddamn mission. I never even considered them as a contender at the start of the playoffs, now they might be the favorite.

They should just stop calling penalties altogether..... then there'll be no calls to bitch about, and the games will be WAY more fun.

Go vegas (only bedside i like fleury). Seriously though winnipeg is playing solid.

3 minutes in, lots of chances already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back