NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
These last few minutes in the first has been all Vegas. Winnipeg imploding.

lol the officiating if favor of the Jets is getting ridiculous.
cross checks in the back, interferences, roughing all going uncalled.
laughable.

This game is fucking fantastic

Hopefully they're all like this the rest of the way through because this is beautiful hockey

This game is fucking fantastic

Hopefully they're all like this the rest of the way through because this is beautiful hockey
I thought Nashville was gonna be in the Final, but this is one of my dream series. Two of the fastest, most exciting young teams in hockey. I think Vegas takes it, but it'll probably go to 7. Thank God.

Just your friendly reminder that the Panthers let Marchessault go to Vegas and got NOTHING in return.

Just your friendly reminder that the Panthers let Marchessault go to Vegas and got NOTHING in return.

Actually worse. The Panthers left 75 point scorer Marchessault unprotected so that the Knights would take 60 point scorer Reilly Smith and his contract off of their hands

Fucking LOL

Add to that their 3rd first liner 43 goal and 78 point scorer William Karlsson was given to them from Columbus along with a free first round pick

Actually worse. The Panthers left 75 point scorer Marchessault unprotected so that the Knights would take 60 point scorer Reilly Smith and his contract off of their hands

Fucking LOL

Add to that their 3rd first liner 43 goal and 78 point scorer William Karlsson was given to them from Columbus along with a free first round pick
lol, can orgs gonna can org. The Karlsson things blows my mind. He had more production in 82 games this season than the 200 prior. What was Columbus doing wrong with this kid?

lol, can orgs gonna can org. The Karlsson things blows my mind. He had more production in 82 games this season than the 200 prior. What was Columbus doing wrong with this kid?

They're definitely stupid as hell for it but I can see how they thought this would never happen

Karlsson's career high in goals before this season was 15. Not in the NHL... his career high in any league ever lol he did it in Sweden

In the NHL he had 3,9 and 6 goal seasons.

Then 43 this year

Lol a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd for Tommy Tatar -- can't believe that abomination of a deal could be justified with this series.

They're definitely stupid as hell for it but I can see how they thought this would never happen

Karlsson's career high in goals before this season was 15. Not in the NHL... his career high in any league ever lol he did it in Sweden

In the NHL he had 3,9 and 6 goal seasons.

Then 43 this year

Can't blame Columbus for that -- no suggestion he was ever going to produce outside of being incredibly durable -- and jackets had way too many other assets to protect in expansion draft.

Can't blame Columbus for that -- no suggestion he was ever going to produce outside of being incredibly durable -- and jackets had way too many other assets to protect in expansion draft.

Disagree. They get shit on too much for it given no one could have predicted Karlsson would develop like this being allowed to play a speed game and given ice time. But it was still a bad move even at the time.

Letting Karlsson go was forgivable, due to the fact that he hadn't proven to be anywhere near this good. Also getting Vegas to take on the Clarkson contract was a good move. However, there was clearly a talented player in Karlsson and giving up that much to protect Josh Anderson and Joonas Korpisalo wasn't intelligent at all. Anderson is a pretty talented player in his own right so I can see the logic behind that although hindsight has proven they protected the wrong young forward, but to give up that much to protect a middling backup goaltender just because he's cost controlled was stupid.

It's not all hindsight either, before Karlsson had that breakout season a lot of people were rightfully shitting on the move. They gave up too much value for what they were protecting. It was basically kinda bad at the time, and with hindsight is absolutely atrociously terrible

Disagree. They get shit on too much for it given no one could have predicted Karlsson would develop like this being allowed to play a speed game and given ice time. But it was still a bad move even at the time.

Letting Karlsson go was forgivable, due to the fact that he hadn't proven to be anywhere near this good. Also getting Vegas to take on the Clarkson contract was a good move. However, there was clearly a talented player in Karlsson and giving up that much to protect Josh Anderson and Joonas Korpisalo wasn't intelligent at all. Anderson is a pretty talented player in his own right so I can see the logic behind that although hindsight has proven they protected the wrong young forward, but to give up that much to protect a middling backup goaltender just because he's cost controlled was stupid.

It's not all hindsight either, before Karlsson had that breakout season a lot of people were rightfully shitting on the move. They gave up too much value for what they were protecting. It was basically kinda bad at the time, and with hindsight is absolutely atrociously terrible

Disagree -- Korpisalo made his bones for BJ's in 2016 getting nearly half their wins in 30 some odd games -- he was proving to be a very solid number 2 up until the draft point. Protecting him over WK was the correct move, yeah they had to over pay to add in the Clarkson component but that's what poor teams with bad contracts have to do. They have enough young talent to take on that cost. It's not like they gave up a 1st to protect Joonas, they gave it up for a significant cap relief in a tight financial org

That Eller Line is all over the puck. Holy shit

That Eller Line is all over the puck. Holy shit
Yeah, they've been huge for a while now. Caps have bought in. Shame that penalty had to kill their mojo.

This series is awful to watch compared to the other one. Holy shit.

Great bounce back game so far for Tampa. Home ice means absolutely nothing it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back