NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooner or later Marchand will get what's coming to him.
Best moment of PK's career so far.

PK's hit on Marchand is still one of the hardest I've ever seen, there was so much momentum in that hit coming from both directions.

Also PK's response is really underrated when Campbell tries to go at him after the hit. PK absolutely son'd him and swats him away like a peasant (1:05 - 1:08 of that video)

$

Joe Thornton gone for not just the season, but I bet forever.
37 yrs old, one yr contract.
from what I'm hearing locally, blown ACL and MCL.
thanks for the memories.

thanks for the memories.
1366116815_tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

The YouTube comment sections of the dirty rat elbow are freaking hilarious. It was an accident, completely incidental etc etc. Just wish someone would take his knee(s) out already.
Neal gave him a taste of his own medicine a few years back.
jamesneal.gif

I just saw NBCSN’s top 10 goalie list all-time. Martin Brodeur was better than Glenn Hall or Grant Fuhr?

What has the world come to.

I just saw NBCSN’s top 10 goalie list all-time. Martin Brodeur was better than Glenn Hall or Grant Fuhr?

What has the world come to.

Absolutely. What are your objections?

He played in a harder era with no serious goal scoring freaks on his team but always faced them.
Has lower gaa and better sv%, good amount of cups vezinas and medals. Most shutouts and wins iirc.

He played in a harder era with no serious goal scoring freaks on his team but always faced them.
Has lower gaa and better sv%, good amount of cups vezinas and medals. Most shutouts and wins iirc.
He had some great defenses, but he was as responsible for those Jersey Cups as anyone. Fuhr has a great career, but you could put Steve Mason behind those Gretzky teams and they'd win just as many Cups.

The harder era is not one where goaltenders have bulky equipment taking up the whole net.

If we are going by hypotheticals it does not really work too well in Brodeur’s favor when you take into account the team talent and their defensive trap system. IMO given the eye test he was the least impressive of all the top goalies in the same era.

Last edited:
what happened to the proposal to reduce the size of goalie pads anyway?
maybe I missed it.

The harder era is not one where goaltenders have bulky equipment taking up the whole net.

If we are going by hypotheticals it does not really work too well in Brodeur’s favor when you take into account the team talent and their defensive trap system. IMO given the eye test he was the least impressive of all the top goalies in the same era.

Which contemporaries? He won 4 Vezinas, so apparently the eye test of yours only counts for so much. Patrick Roy is in my opinion a better goalie, maybe Hasek too, but part of the equation has to be career achievements. What hasn't Brodeur done? He was a rock for New Jersey and Canada his entire career. Hall is a close one, he's a legend, but he was also playing against weaker competition. Fuhr is still the luckiest goalie in NHL history though.

thanks for the memories.
What?! I've heard MCL, they expect him back this year if we can stick in the playoff race

Just an MCL, arthroscopic surgery done, should be back before playoffs

yea, ok I guess it is only the MCL but unless he recovers as quickly as he did last time, he might not return at all.

yea, ok I guess it is only the MCL but unless he recovers as quickly as he did last time, he might not return at all.
k0jPoN6.gif

You need to chill bud, guys come back quickly from MCL operations all the time.

thanks for the memories.

Damn thats too bad. Always liked uncle joe, i may have to pay more for his shirtless bobble head now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back