NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Advanced stats have them outperforming Florida in games 1 and 3. They outshot them 32-18 in game 1 and 35 to 23 in game 3 on top of out-chancing them in both games.

Expected goals (largely based on scoring chances) has Edmonton up 1.25 in game 1, down by 0.5 in game 2, and up by 0.5 in game 3. Florida led the same stat in 5/6 games against the Rangers and in the one game they were down it was only by 0.15.

Goaltending and shot execution have been the difference. It hasn't been a domination on the part of Florida despite the 3-0 series score. Or at least I don't think that score accurately reflects the level the Oilers have competed at, which was probably Knoblauch's point.

Last edited:
Cup or bust for me. If you ain't first you're last. Especially at this point if you're a Canadian fan. Still glad they beat the Canucks.

Not sure what changes they are in a position to make for next year.
That’s your excuse now. If the Cucks were in Edmontons position you wouldn’t be saying that. You know how I know? You’ve said multiple times that the Cucks should be here. They would be getting beat by Florida worse than Edmonton are.

That’s your excuse now. If the Cucks were in Edmontons position you wouldn’t be saying that. You know how I know? You’ve said multiple times that the Cucks should be here. They would be getting beat by Florida worse than Edmonton are.

I think you have me confused with idrankyourbeer.

I don't think the Canucks would've beaten the Stars. The Canucks were given such long odds by bettors for a reason. They merely benefitted from Skinner playing at an AJHL level for the first half of the series.

Speaking of betting odds, only 2 betting underdogs (out of 15) have won series these playoffs and they were both marginal underdogs (Oilers over Stars, Rangers over Hurricanes).

Last edited:

I don't think the Canucks would've beaten the Stars. The Canucks were given such long odds by bettors for a reason. They merely benefitted from Skinner playing at an AJHL level for the first half of the series.

Speaking of betting odds, only 2 betting underdogs (out of 15) have won series these playoffs and they were both marginal underdogs (Oilers over Stars, Rangers over Hurricanes).
Lmao sorry

I don't think the Canucks would've beaten the Stars.

canucks would have beat the stars in 5, easy peasy. vancouver doesn't suck like the oilers absolutely do.

well you guys, it's been a long season and there's been something on my mind that's been bothering me for a while and i've gotta let it off my chest and speak my mind a little here. though i speak only truth and fact, my post may be found offensive to some so i am going to spoiler tag it, so feel free to scroll past, or click at your own peril.

the oilers absolutely suck. matter of fact, if suck was a country, then edmonton would be the nation's capital.

Last edited:
canucks would have beat the stars in 5, easy peasy. vancouver doesn't suck like the oilers absolutely do.

If the Oilers are Anderson Silva in that Chael Sonnen quote, the Canucks are Wanderlei in this one. Replace Wanderlei Silva with the Canucks and the quote checks out.

"Look, Wan...couver has the worst record in the history of the NHL. Not just the expansion era. Take it back to the Original 6 days. There has never been a team to have 0 cups in 54 years with a worse record in playoff series. I believe they will be 0 for 55 next year."

If Florida does win today, they will leave behind the following distinguished list of franchises to have never won the cup.

Kraken (since 2021)
Blue Jackets (2000)
Wild (2000)
Jets (1999)
Predators (1998)
Senators (1992)
Sharks (1991)
Coyotes (1979)
Sabres (1970; 21-29 in playoff series)
Canucks (1970; 19-29 in playoff series)

Last edited:
If the Oilers are Anderson Silva in that Chael Sonnen quote, the Canucks are Wanderlei in this one. Replace Wanderlei Silva with the Canucks and the quote checks out.

"Look, Wan...couver has the worst record in the history of the NHL. Not just the expansion era. Take it back to the Original 6 days. There has never been a team to have 0 cups in 54 years with a worse record in playoff series. I believe they will be 0 for 55 next year."

If Florida does win today, they will leave behind the following distinguished list of franchises to have never won the cup.

Kraken (since 2021)
Blue Jackets (2000)
Wild (2000)
Jets (1999)
Predators (1998)
Senators (1992)
Sharks (1991)
Coyotes (1979)
Sabres (1970; 21-29 in playoff series)
Canucks (1970; 19-29 in playoff series)

cup_eng_2_medium.jpg

fun fact: it's been a shorter amount of time between the time when vancouver won the stanley cup and toronto last won the stanley cup than it has been between today and the time where toronto last won a stanley cup.

also world war 2, world war 1, and even the titanic sinking as well. the leafs suck too. just not as bad as edmonton.

cup_eng_2_medium.jpg

fun fact: it's been a shorter amount of time between the time when vancouver won the stanley cup and toronto last won the stanley cup than it has been between today and the time where toronto last won a stanley cup.

also world war 2, world war 1, and even the titanic sinking as well. the leafs suck too. just not as bad as edmonton.

The only reason Toronto has gone longer without winning the cup is because the Canucks didn't exist in 1967. If they did, they'd be 0-58.

The only reason Toronto has gone longer without winning the cup is because the Canucks didn't exist in 1967. If they did, they'd be 0-58.

eat a bag of dicks. if the canucks existed in 1969 they would have beat the leafs. i mean every team could. except for the 2023/2024 oilers. no absolute doubt about it, those guys suck.

Florida - won
Edmonton - Suck
Vancouver - would have to improve to suck as much as Edmonton.

or they could just buy off the league and officials.

vancouver was playing against 3 teams that series. edmonton would have got swept if vancouver had the refs and the league in their pocket. that's how badly edmonton sucks. they could barely squeeze out series win, after going 7 games and winning by just one goal, despite having a 3 on 1 advantage for the entire series.

how many cheap shots are the oilers (they suck!) going to throw today once they start losing? how many goals will they have to be down by before crysaitl & company start diving all over the ice, spearing people in the nuts, and crying to the refs?

i sure hope that the panthers put on full face shields after they score the first goal tonight, because mcdavid's gonna be trying to stick everybody in the face. or maybe he'll go for another two-handed baseball batting on someone, and whoever he baseball bats will get suspended?

Last edited:
or they could just buy off the league and officials.

vancouver was playing against 3 teams that series. edmonton would have got swept if vancouver had the refs and the league in their pocket. that's how badly edmonton sucks. they could barely squeeze out series win, after going 7 games and winning by just one goal, despite having a 3 on 1 advantage for the entire series.

how many cheap shots are the oilers (they suck!) going to throw today once they start losing? how many goals will they have to be down by before crysaitl & company start diving all over the ice, spearing people in the nuts, and crying to the refs?

i sure hope that the panthers put on full face shields after they score the first goal tonight, because mcdavid's gonna be trying to stick everybody in the face. or maybe he'll go for another two-handed baseball batting on someone, and whoever he baseball bats will get suspended?

Vancouver is cheering on another team this year. Just like they will be next year. That's precisely what it means to be a Cuck.

Back