NHL 2019-2020 Season Discussion: Anybody's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovalchuk has salary hits across 4 teams now this season, Caps - Montreal - LA Kings - Devils

Devils $250,000 (Recapture Penalty)
Kings $6,250,000 (As An Age 35+ Player)
Canadiens $350,000 (Retained Salary)
Washington - $350,000

Kovalchuk has salary hits across 4 teams now this season, Caps - Montreal - LA Kings - Devils

Devils $250,000 (Recapture Penalty)
Kings $6,250,000 (As An Age 35+ Player)
Canadiens $350,000 (Retained Salary)
Washington - $350,000
He's making that much this year? Jesus.

UK33HVh.jpg

I'm a Leafs fan, I think that game was the most pathetic display by the Leafs. They looked like they didn't care about hockey at all. What a joke the Leafs are. It's embarrassing.

All of us non Leaf fans have been calling them a joke forever.

Leafs are in a lot of trouble, teams must be licking their chops thinking about facing them in the first round, Boston would demolish them. I have no idea how this season is going to go, but that Canes loss is a meme that could haunt them, or maybe motivate them. I had a buddy pining for McCabe/Kaberle the other day, haven't heard that in a while (and I love Kaberle). I think the Pens did great making moves lately, I wish Gally well in Minnesota, but Zucker is the new hotness. This Sid and Geno train has to stop sometime, let me inject as much of it into my veins as I can before that happens.

I'm a Leafs fan, I think that game was the most pathetic display by the Leafs. They looked like they didn't care about hockey at all. What a joke the Leafs are. It's embarrassing.

Doesn't help that pretty much 40% of your Salary Cap is wasted on 3 forwards that your stuck with for a while ( i know Tavares has an NMC), plus the juggling of the LTIR you've got which is about $24m on top too, and you still have Lehner and Kessels retained Salaries ($2.3m), gonna need some changes i'm not sure how as a few players have quite a few contracts they aren't going to want to give up or some smart trading in the post season needs to happen.

Doesn't help that pretty much 40% of your Salary Cap is wasted on 3 forwards that your stuck with for a while ( i know Tavares has an NMC), plus the juggling of the LTIR you've got which is about $24m on top too, and you still have Lehner and Kessels retained Salaries ($2.3m), gonna need some changes i'm not sure how as a few players have quite a few contracts they aren't going to want to give up or some smart trading in the post season needs to happen.
Well LTIR doesn't count against the cap, but they're definitely going to feel better with Horton and Clarkson's contracts coming off the books, plus Ceci is UFA. Good defensemen are at such a premium though, I don't think Krug is leaving Boston so they can either send 9 million Pietrangelo's way and then grab some depth. One of the big contracts has to go imo, just don't know where.

Well LTIR doesn't count against the cap, but they're definitely going to feel better with Horton and Clarkson's contracts coming off the books, plus Ceci is UFA. Good defensemen are at such a premium though, I don't think Krug is leaving Boston so they can either send 9 million Pietrangelo's way and then grab some depth. One of the big contracts has to go imo, just don't know where.

Yeah i'm not sure who you could lure defensively over without spending a huge amount of money to change their mind. Doesn't help how long they take to do contracts at times like the Nylander situation and you nearly lost Marner for at least part of the season, seems to drag out longer than necessarily needed.

Tavares seems to have been around for so long i'd forgotten he's only 29

and now i'm down the rabbithole of Capfriendly looking at team's caps

Was surprised to see McDave back so soon

Great result for Dallas last night, couldn't watch the game due to Blackout on NHL.tv (1st of 2 this week unfortunately for me ) so i had to put up with the youtube highlights but great to see Hintz have a great game with a goal and 2 assists

Not sure Toronto is a fit because of the age of sharks pieces, but both teams would benefit from a forward for dman swap.

Can someone please explain to me WTF Montreal is doing? How many games with a 3 points lead can they lose in one season?

Shame the Panthers never found the success the Bolts did, they've come close but you really need that Cup to get people locked in. Big props to Bobby Lou, he and Hank should both have had a ring at some point, probably Miller too.

Also, Henri Richard died, guy probably had a pretty great life though, a ring for every digit and one for his pocket rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back