Media Ngannou's "terrible" TDD and "cluenessness" in the clinch/on the ground.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This is one of the worst canards among MMA fans.

Ngannou has solid TDD, knows how to operate in the clinch and knows how to get off of his back. I don't understand how anybody who's actually watched all of his fights can think otherwise.

He stuffed the majority of TDs in the first Blaydes fight when he was still really green and was able to get off of his back when he was taken down. He totally nullified Overeem in the clinch when Overeem tried to take him down and then control him. He also stuffed Cain's shot and immediately countered with a devastating uppercut that buckled Cain's knee and ended the fight.

UImq3sF.gif

VNDKTnG.gif

xIM69yo.gif

AYafhTe.gif

WellwornSardonicIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

The notion that he got manhandled by Stipe from the opening bell is ridiculous revisionist history. He was able to keep the fight standing for most of the first round and didn't get held down in that fight until he was totally exhausted. He fucked up by blowing his wad early because he was swinging for the fences in every exchange.

cItwC35.gif

6Oc46UM.gif

yha1txl.gif

HX8foEN.gif

CMLyADf.gif

Now, does he have the gas tank and discipline to hang with Stipe or DC into the late rounds if they keep grinding away and he can't seriously hurt them? Is he going to be able to set up his punches better against Stipe in a rematch and not get thrown off so badly by head movement?

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm just taking issue with the people on this forum who act like the only thing that anybody has to do to get the guy to the ground is to lay hands on him and push him over. If he were that limited, he wouldn't be in the position that he is now.

Going for the TD on Ngannou is pretty dangerous. The guys who try to take him down usually get trapped in the clinch with him or hurt very badly. The one person who's been able to use this gameplan against him is the either the best or second best HW in UFC history.

Not saying that he doesn't have his obvious flaws, but we're talking about HW MMA. Who isn't seriously flawed in that division besides the top two guys?

Last edited:
Clueness?

wasn’t that silver stone bitch in that

Stipe gassed him out but got him down cause he would combine his boxing with his doubles. Something literally no one else at Heavyweight besides DC does. Stipe mostly out boxed Francis anyway.

Well said,t heis, he defends takedowns really well, is good at getting back to his feet, and had a mean kimura. We haven't got to see much of his grappling lately because he has been knocking them out left and right but watching his insta stories and posts, he really has dedicated lot of his training to grappling and has probably improved leaps and bounds after his loss to Stipe. I'd think he'd kill Stipe in a rematch
kimura.gif

Last edited:
Francis should at the very least go train grappling with Teddy Riner. Riner would be able to toss him around . Francis probably spars with dudes half his size that cant do anything grappling wise against him.

This is one of the worst canards among MMA fans.

Ngannou has solid TDD, knows how to operate in the clinch and knows how to get off of his back. I don't understand how anybody who's actually watched all of his fights can think otherwise.

He stuffed the majority of TDs in the first Blaydes fight when he was still really green and was able to get off of his back when he was taken down. He totally nullified Overeem in the clinch when Overeem tried to take him down and then control him. He also stuffed Cain's shot and immediately countered with a devastating uppercut that buckled Cain's knee and ended the fight.

UImq3sF.gif

VNDKTnG.gif

xIM69yo.gif

AYafhTe.gif

WellwornSardonicIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

The notion that he got manhandled by Stipe from the opening bell is ridiculous revisionist history. He was able to keep the fight standing for most of the first round and didn't get held down in that fight until he was totally exhausted. He fucked up by blowing his wad early because he was swinging for the fences in every exchange.

cItwC35.gif

6Oc46UM.gif

yha1txl.gif

HX8foEN.gif

CMLyADf.gif

Now, does he have the gas tank and discipline to hang with Stipe or DC into the late rounds if they keep grinding away and he can't seriously hurt them? Is he going to be able to set up his punches better against Stipe in a rematch and not get thrown off so badly by head movement?

Personally, I'll be believe it when I see it.

I'm just taking issue with the people on this forum who act like the only thing that anybody has to do to get the guy to the ground is to lay hands on him and push him over. If he were that limited, he wouldn't be in the position that he is now.

Going for the TD on Ngannou is pretty dangerous. The guys who try to take him down usually get trapped in the clinch with him or hurt very badly. The one person who's been able to use this gameplan against him is the either the best or second best HW in UFC history.

Not saying that he doesn't have his obvious flaws, but we're talking about HW MMA. Who isn't seriously flawed in that division besides the top two guys?
Stipe ‘manhandled’ him standing as well too so seems like you’re splitting hairs on that fight. Standing, in the clinch or on the ground, stipe was winning from the opening bell

He uses brute strength over technique. I think that is what many are trying to say.

That title. Clueness?

Seriously though... Enough with the Ngannou threads. Are you all the same guys from 2 years ago? Or just a whole new set of front runners?

Stipe ‘manhandled’ him standing as well too so seems like you’re splitting hairs on that fight. Standing, in the clinch or on the ground, stipe was winning from the opening bell

Read the fucking post before you try to play gotcha.

I acknowledged that he gassed out because he was thrown off by Stipe's head movement and kept swinging wildly as a result.

Also, I'd hardly call landing one more significant strike in the round "manhanding."

It's not "splitting hairs" when I'm taking issue with the people on this forum who go on and on about how he doesn't know how to defend TDs.

The guy doesn't go down unless he's totally exhausted.

Read the fucking post before you try to play gotcha.

I acknowledged that he gassed out because he was thrown off by Stipe's head movement and kept swinging wildly as a result.

Also, I'd hardly call landing one more significant strike in the round "manhanding."

It's not "splitting" hairs when I'm taking issue with the people on this forum who go on and on about how he doesn't know how to defend TDs.
I read the whole post. Francis lost every second of the fight, from the opening bell. Manhandled can be used fittingly for the fight in that context whether they were grappling or not

It's Sherdog. What that means is that no one is good when they win a fight, but instead people suck when they lose.

That title. Clueness?

It's direct response to the garbage that people have been posting since Saturday night.

Seriously though... Enough with the Ngannou threads. Are you all the same guys from 2 years ago? Or just a whole new set of front runners?

Dude just fought a few days ago and had a big win. People are going to talk about it until the next card.

Nobody forced you to click on the thread.

I read the whole post. Francis lost every second of the fight, from the opening bell. Manhandled can be used fittingly for the fight in that context whether they were grappling or not

LOL Who the fuck is playing semantic games now?

I never said that he was winning the fight. I said that he was defending Stipe's TDs until he gassed.

You're arguing with yourself and not anything that I wrote.

All he has is strength and power and no skill what's so ever it would the equivalent of sticking a body builder to fight someone in the Bantamweweight division the stronger and bigger guy will always win

He is an Athlete with a big A. Freakish strong as well. Good understanding of his own balance too. That goes a looong way at HW.

He has what you can't train, just freak genetics. His power is being used so effectively despite not looking technical. Honestly Ngannou's less technical striking is much harder to prepare for.

All he has is strength and power and no skill what's so ever it would the equivalent of sticking a body builder to fight someone in the Bantamweweight division the stronger and bigger guy will always win

^
been on Sherdog for 7 years, yet only 46 posts.

Use your real account.
<209Bitch>

Next dominant longtime reigning HW champ. Yoo betta put sum respek on Ngannou’s name.

Back