Ngannou's follow up shots after finishing people ( Stipe not include)

I’m a big Stipe fan, but I didn’t find anything egregious with the Francis ko, or any of his previous fights, other then the initial shock of how violent his ko’s look. I think it’s a bit unrealistic asking a fighter full of adrenaline to try and decipher in a split second whether someone is out cold or not, especially when they’re fighting someone with a real good chin and recovery like Stipe. So until he lands some follow up shots after their ref intervenes, I consider it just another brutal part of the sport.

I can’t stand those extra shots, but Sherbro’s have to realize there’s adrenaline involved in these fights too. They are in a fight, in a killers state of mind and not that of a casual observer. Not everyone’s mindset is like Mark Hunt’s.

It’s difficult to vouch for whether it’s truly intentional at times. You could also make an argument that a guy like Ngannou is someone from a very poor country and they never want to go back to that level of squalor or suffering. He may very well have an “on” switch that is hard to turn off unless he gets a signal when to.
I mean, he’s consistent. I don’t know how many times the refs need to watch this guy fight before knowing that if he throws a big punch they better be ready to get in there within seconds.

IMO if we’re saying that Francis should know the other guys done, that’s even more accountability on the ref. Francis is fighting. The ref is reffing.if it’s so obvious it’s over the ref should be in there faster.

I do often hold guys accountable for follow ups especially if it’s a specifically emotional fight. But it’s clear Francis is doing this with the sole intent of finishing the fight. It’s not vindictive or with mal intent. He’s not diving over a ref or doing anything egregious. He’s just finishing the fight. If they don’t want follow up shots then stop the fight before it happens. But guys like Stipe always complain if they aren’t out cold, so be ready for the controversy to come back the other way.

For me, I see it as a severe sign of a lack of confidence. Guys who usually land shots, after the fact, are guys who are "just happy to be there" because fear/doubt kept them from believing they would actually be there. If you were confident in yourself and "expected" the result, restraint would be much be easier to exercise.

I wouldn't normally guess that Ngannou was afraid or full of self doubt but he did not help his case with the Lewis fight.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't think Francis intentionally wants to land extra shots just for some sadistic pleasure. Francis is definitely no Jeremy Stephens or Palhares in terms of dishing out unnecessary punishment when an opponent is clearly done

In the heat of the battle it's not easy to quickly identify whether an opponent is out for sure, especially when you have fighters playing possum like Werdum, or some with insane recovery. Also it's the ref's job to stop the fight
DisloyalMiserableAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

To this day I don't think we can know for sure if there was ill intent behind Palhares holding onto submissions for too long. That gif provides some evidence that he didn't want to keep hurting his opponent after he felt the fight was over. I think it's just a mental thing with him

Don't think Francis intentionally wants to land extra shots just for some sadistic pleasure. Francis is definitely no Jeremy Stephens or Palhares in terms of dishing out unnecessary punishment when an opponent is clearly done

Palhares I think was similar, just didnt have good judgement and got lost in the moment rather than having a desire to give "afters" to people. Although Francis has never fucked around with the ref to be fair, has stopped when he was told to.

One of the worst that doesnt get mentioned is Rampage on Wanderlei, honestly if Palhares and Babalu got the boot then Jackson really should have for that.

I think it actually stands out that Chute Boxe didnt give "afters" dispite being known for extreme violence, arguebly shows the effect gym culture has? fighters sparing hard are more used to the "heat of battle" and more of an honour culture generally than frowns on that kind of thing?

Last edited:
I love his death move hammer fist to the throat/back of jaw bone.

One day it's gonna come back to him. Someone will do it to him. Mark my words.

Spot on ,Francis is very very anxious guy and his biggest fear is to be knock out, said his Coach
Thanks for the affirmation. I didn't know that.

This might be a case of "the sun and a dog's ass" or even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Seriously, you get that vibe from a lot of fighters but it is a scary line of work.

No, it’s pretty fuckin’ stupid no matter what you see. You think Hendo wasn’t confident? Give me a break.
Yes, I think he wasn't. He wanted to prove so badly that he wasn't over the hill that he reacted like a guy who couldn't believe he won. Look at his last fight with Bisping... he knew he could only win with a bomb but he fully expected to lose.

That's what we like to see. I want to be able to see stomps to a knocked out opponent, spitting on them, attacking their corner, attacking their family, nothing should be off limits.

I always root for Francis, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think he doesn’t do those follow up shots intentionally. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

That's what we like to see. I want to be able to see stomps to a knocked out opponent, spitting on them, attacking their corner, attacking their family, nothing should be off limits.

I would like to see the loser maybe baked alive or boiled even. Maybe ran through a wood chipper and the front row has tarps like an old Gallagher show

I would like to see the loser maybe baked alive or boiled even. Maybe ran through a wood chipper and the front row has tarps like an old Gallagher show
Public executions would actually be a really good idea I think it would increase ppv buys by a ton

Back