Ngannou Vs Prime Randy Couture

He wasn't 10 years ago. What makes you believe he is now that he's less athletic and in his 40s?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the division just got worse?
Division got worse? Absolutely not.even mark hunt has evolved since the pride day,his counter striking is better,little bit more footwork and better accuracy

You idiots have lost your goddamned minds.

In case you forgot:

ufc57chuckkoscouture.gif

CircularLameAmethystsunbird.gif

2vsjgpy.gif

I thought we were talkng about a Prime Couture?

Not him at roughly 45 years old?

Division got worse? Absolutely not.even mark hunt has evolved since the pride day,his counter striking is better,little bit more footwork and better accuracy
14G44ZZ.gif

The division is just old guys knocking out other old guys, or younger guys that barely even have combat sports training like Lewis and Ngannou.
There's rarely anything skillful or athletic about anything you're seeing.

All these greats were vastly better fighters 10-15 years ago. The fact people even believe it's even possible sports athletes are getting better in their late 30s or early 40s, compared to their 20s, makes me laugh. If you proposed such a concept to any other sport you'd be laughed out of the conversation.

He wasn't 10 years ago. What makes you believe he is now that he's less athletic and in his 40s?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the division just got worse?
Did you ever consider
It got thin;it didn’t get less talented

The division is just old guys knocking out other old guys, or younger guys that barely even have combat sports training like Lewis and Ngannou.

All these greats were vastly better fighters 10-15 years ago. The fact people even believe it's even possible sports athletes are getting better in their late 30s or early 40s, compared to their 20s, makes me laugh. If you proposed such a concept to any other sport you'd be laughed out of the conversation.

Your reading retention is deplorable. The case was made for a weaker hw division back in Tim Sylvia’s day. Who said athlete are getting better with age? No one said this but you.

Prime Randy is a lot smaller than Stipe, but his chin was amazing in his prime, and his ability to stick to/execute game plans would give him a solid chance.

Your reading retention is deplorable. The case was made for a weaker hw division back in Tim Sylvia’s day. Who said athlete are getting better with age? No one said this but you.
Guy. The HW division is mostly filled with fighters from Tim Sylvia's day. 3 of the top 5 are PRIDE fighters, an organization that is now 11 years defunct... And yet none of those fighters were able to hit the top 5 when they were in their 20s and early 30s.

Who would win a fight Frances or James Tony?

14G44ZZ.gif

>Continue to ignore the fact that mark hunt has evolved
Let see elite "pride" hws back then
Mark Coleman-one dimensional wrestler
Kerr- another one dimensional wrestler
Big nog- great bjj guy with decent boxing.not really that impressive
Cro cop- one shot fighter.his footwork is not good compar to today elite strikers in hw
Fujita - typical wrestler with heavy hand

Guy. The HW division is mostly filled with fighters from Tim Sylvia's day. 3 of the top 5 are PRIDE fighters, an organization that is now 11 years defunct... And yet none of those fighters were able to hit the top 5 when they were in their 20s and early 30s.

Yeah a thin division with guys existing on name. Book Hunt vs. Miocic and we can end all these hypotheticals. I’ll take Stipe new breed and all that

Randy that got outstruck by Lesnar?
<36>

Are you fucking stupid? Do you really think Randy was in his PRIME for that fight? Remember all those fights Randy had with Chuck and Tito and Sylvia? Of course you don't, you weren't even following the sport then.

Randy was the master of fighting a smart fight, he would have no problem avoiding Ngannous power and would have taken him down and dominated.

ITT: A bunch of McGregor noobs that never saw Randy fight in his prime, or any of his opponents fight in their prime. Instead they watch clips of those old fights and simply say nobody that fought back then was any good, so no win proves anyone was any good.

Yeah a thin division with guys existing on name. Book Hunt vs. Miocic and we can end all these hypotheticals. I’ll take Stipe new breed and all that
I would hope so. He's been fighting for 15 years less, which results in less wear and tear. The fact that 43, about to retire, Mark Hunt is a top 5 HW in 2018 tells you exactly what the state of HW MMA is right now.

I would hope so. He's been fighting for 15 years less, which results in less wear and tear. The fact that 43, about to retire, Mark Hunt is a top 5 HW in 2018 tells you exactly what the state of HW MMA is right now.

Thin division I agree

>Continue to ignore the fact that mark hunt has evolved
Let see elite "pride" hws back then
Mark Coleman-one dimensional wrestler
Kerr- another one dimensional wrestler
Big nog- great bjj guy with decent boxing.not really that impressive
Cro cop- one shot fighter.his footwork is not good compar to today elite strikers in hw
Fujita - typical wrestler with heavy hand

Let me try:

Curtis Blaydes - one dimensional wrestler
Ngannou - one dimensional brawler
Lewis - one dimensional brawler
Mark hunt - one dimensional striker
Volkov - one dimensional striker

Ngannou via KO

HE'D clip randy and ko him

and Ngannou would do the same to most HWs

Well he technically would be a lhw in there but he managed just fine with Sylvia and I have prime Sylvia besting ngannou...

Randy made a career of beating HW strikers and getting beat down by HW grapplers.
I think he'd do work against Ngannou. Sylvia is a way better fighter imo.

Tim had serious back issues going into that fight, which is why Randy wanted the fight so badly and came out of retirement for it. Randy knew Tim's back was jacked, and back then champions didn't take a year off for a hangnail.

If Randy could ragdoll a BJJ World Champion like Gonzaga who was about the same weight, I am pretty sure he would ragdoll a white belt like Francis Nogroundgameou.

He wasn't ragdolling Gonzaga until the head clash shattered Gonzaga's face.

Because those 3 got better, simple as that.
One wasn't even a heavyweight.

{<jordan}

Couture beating Ngannou? You guys people are out of your minds.

Last edited:
Back