Ngannou vs prime Butterbean

Might look like Francis vs Black Beast .... no thanks.

Butterbean would keep moving forward -- he didn't seem to care much about other people's power (ie Ngannou is smarter in that). It'd be interesting to see if Ngannou could adapt (ie instead of rushing in to trade power/chin, sticking to the outside until he tired Butterbeat out).

Ngannou is known for his offensive grappling. :rolleyes: It would be a striking match.

Except its relative. Ngannou/Butterbean have similar striking power/chin, but Ngannou probably has much better grappling (even if his isn't good, Butterbeans is terrible). So why take a chance on something where you only have a 50-50 chance (striking) when you can go for a 90% chance by grappling?

Except its relative. Ngannou/Butterbean have similar striking power/chin, but Ngannou probably has much better grappling (even if his isn't good, Butterbeans is terrible). So why take a chance on something where you only have a 50-50 chance (striking) when you can go for a 90% chance by grappling?
first of all you are only guessing Ngannou has ever trained offensive wrestling, and second I doubt he would admit he was unable to win in standup against a guy like Butterbean.

Ngannou is known for his offensive grappling. :rolleyes: It would be a striking match.

He knows more than butterbean im sure. He has 4 submission wins and zero submission losses while butterbean got submitted a bunch of times even by guys who are way smaller than him.

Exactly ... I remember Bisping going for takedowns vs strikers with little TDD.
Normally Takedows aren't part of his gameplan but if its there and its easy route to victory ... you take it.

He knows more than butterbean im sure. He has 4 submission wins and zero submission losses while butterbean got submitted a bunch of times even by guys who are way smaller than him.
has he ever taken someone down? Or did he knock them all down with punches?

Ngannou all day long.
He would take out Butterbean's legs under him

Exactly ... I remember Bisping going for takedowns vs strikers with little TDD.
Normally Takedows aren't part of his gameplan but if its there and its easy route to victory ... you take it.
Bisping used takedowns quite a lot in his early career which are probably the fights you are thinking of. he stopped using them later in his career. Ngannou has 0 takedown attempts in his UFC career.

Edit: I looked up the numbers Bisping averaged over one takedown per fight over his entire UFC career but didn't have a single takedown after 2012.

In MMA? His skills sure have evolved.
F9XlW0Y.gif

He was just setting Pat Smith up...you forget, up until UFC 1 Pat Smith was 250-0. You can't just throw wild headkicks vs a guy like that, plus his striking was super before the times throwing calf kicks before anyone else.

In all honesty I would take prime butterbean in a boxing match. He would probably take N'Gannou after he slowed and possibly early.

In MMA Stipe would destroy Fury or Joshua, but I'd pick either one over Ngannou. 4 or 5 months is more than enough time to learn TDD against a guy like Ngannou.

first of all you are only guessing Ngannou has ever trained offensive wrestling, and second I doubt he would admit he was unable to win in standup against a guy like Butterbean.

True, I'm assuming he and his team would come up with the obvious winning tactic (like say an NFL team playing against a team with excellent passing defense but no rushing defense).

Back