Ngannou vs Overeem: Who takes it?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ngannou is fighting Arlovski next... But lets assume he beats Andrei. How about him vs Reem?

Ngannou would smash Overeem's glass chin into shards. That fight probably wouldn't get sanctioned.

I wanna say Overeem because he has so many more developed skills - but that chin...

I wanna say Overeem because he has so many more developed skills - but that chin...

Overeem is the Death Star and that chin is his thermal exhaust port, albeit 1000 times easier to hit.

As a longtime Overeem fan, I am saying Ngannou wins this one I think. Overeem's chin and piss poor instincts/reactions have failed me too many times. Ngannou via KO

Overeem by anything he wants. Far too seasoned, well rounded and experienced for Francis. The difference in class would show.

I think Overeem beats him handily

But heavyweights be heavyweights,man

This could definitely make some sense. I think Arlovski just has too much mileage on him and Ngannou finishes him in pretty devastating fashion. That'd put him one fight from a title shot.

Overeem is past his prime physically at 36. He is nowhere near the striker or grappler he was 5-10 years ago. His latest run of wins (before the Stipe loss) was him fighting very smart to make up for his clear loss of athleticism. He clearly doesn't have the same speed and power he had in his prime years. He wasted his physical prime by not fighting smart. Now he fights much smarter but does not have the dominant physical tools anymore. Ngannou could probably take this fight but the experience difference would give Overeem a solid chance should Ngannou make a mistake in there.

Ngannou would smash Overeem's glass chin into shards. That fight probably wouldn't get sanctioned.
Im suprised the AA one is, I don't want AA to forget how to use a fork after that fight.

Overeem is past his prime physically at 36. He is nowhere near the striker or grappler he was 5-10 years ago. His latest run of wins (before the Stipe loss) was him fighting very smart to make up for his clear loss of athleticism. He clearly doesn't have the same speed and power he had in his prime years.

Sure he is missing that horse meat. And fighting smart has more to do with him not being able to take a punch.

Ngannou wins easily. Kinda surprised people think Overeem would win this.

Huge Reem fan but it's HW and that chin has failed him on multiple occasions.

Still not ready to say Overeem is done but he can't take clean Ngannou punches.

Overeem's experience vs Ngannou's physical tools is what this fight comes down too.

Overeem TKO.

Back